Trivia Central!

Comments

• firebombmarkusfirebombmarkus Posts: 3,954 Superstar
    I know @SeraphicStar Since I am in Europe it is quite familiar to me 😊
    You can find out more about our Superstars here

The only way outside is inside. Namaste πŸ™πŸ»
  • SeraphicStarSeraphicStar Posts: 1,928 Legend
    Aw @firebombmarkus I thought I picked a good one... :anguished: Okay let's hear some rousing trivia from you then :chuffed:
    Avid Candy Crush Friends player and poster of silly things for forumite amusements! Stay Sweet All!
    Favorite Current Threads:
    1. Two Words Quote Games
    2. Lets Count Continue 5001
    The Lovely Fairy Bow Kimmy!

@SeraphicStar Here is a little bit about earthquakes. I was just watching a documentary about it.

The world's largest earthquake with an instrumentally documented magnitude occurred on May 22, 1960 near Valdivia, in southern Chile. It was assigned a magnitude of 9.5 by the United States Geological Survey. It is referred to as the "Great Chilean Earthquake" and the "1960 Valdivia Earthquake."

Wow @firebombmarkus that is both informative and a bit frightening considering the power an earthquake of that magnitude could have... O.o

I have a bit more trivia to share regarding how scientists measure earthquakes, but you probably already know these. πŸ˜’

So everyone has probably heard of the Richter Scale. However, let's delve a bit into its origins, and how it works shall we? πŸ€”

In the 1930's a gentleman by the name of Dr. Charles Richter invented this scale of measurement for earthquakes. It's a measure of the largest seismic wave recorded on a particular kind of seismograph located 100 kilometers (or about 62 miles) from the epicenter of the earthquake.

There are also a few other scales that are used to measure earthquakes. One being the "Mercalli Scale" and the other being the "Moment Magnitude Scale". :3

I don't pretend to know all this stuff though I found it from a website that sounded pretty legitimate :pleased:
    Avid Candy Crush Friends player and poster of silly things for forumite amusements! Stay Sweet All!
    1. Two Words Quote Games

• wafercookieflipperswafercookieflippers Posts: 1,293 Legend
    β€œSoil liquefaction” can take place after an earthquake disrupts loose soil with a high water content. It changes the pressure on the water, which causes the soil to suddenly become like water itself. Once the pressure is restored, the solid goes back to its solid state. Unfortunately, whatever was on top of the soil before it liquified has now sunk down into it (like quicksand) and is completely or partially buried. This makes objects look like they are buried in solid ground.

I watched a really interesting show where they were finding tons of dinosaur bones at one particular spot. They speculated that the soil liquefaction occurred at this site which may have been a huge watering hole. The earthquake struck and turned the solid ground to liquid sand, only to harden again when the poor dinosaurs were too far buried to get themselves out. What a sad ending! But I learned about soil liquefaction. I wish I could remember what the show was....

Wow that's some really neat stuff there @wafercookieflippers! See this is why I love this thread we need to get more people in here sharing crazy facts like this! :chuffed:
    1. Two Words Quote Games

• mysticalmystymysticalmysty Posts: 4,653 Legend
    edited March 18
    Speaking of Earth Disasters, in 1883 Krakatoa or Krakatau in Indonesia is still the biggest eruption on the history of this planet. The explosion was so violent that they were heard 3,110 km ( 1930 mi ) in Perth, Western Australia and the island of Rodriquez in Mauritius 4,800 km ( 3000 mi ) away. The eruption was almost completely destroyed the whole island leaving the death of estimated 36.500 reported. The sound of the eruption was so loud it was reported if anyone was within16 km ( 10 mi ) they would’ve gone deaf. Average global temperatures fell by as much 1.2 C ( 2.2 F ) after the eruption and didn’t return to normal until 5 years later. Up to this date Krakatau still remain active. 
    Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.      
    Wow that's pretty neat, also some silly trivia related to this that most of you likely know is that in an episode of Spongebob the character Squidward says "Krakatoa" dressed up as the "superhero" Captain Magma:

1. Two Words Quote Games

• mysticalmystymysticalmysty Posts: 4,653 Legend
    Haha...  I love spongebob @SeraphicStar
    Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.      
    I love him too ❀️ @SeraphicStar @mysticalmysty

edited March 21
    Hello fellow Candy Crushers! SeraphicStar here and today I wanted to share some interesting trivia about one of my favorite kinds of art... Fractal Art! πŸ˜†

Okay so as probably many of you know Fractal Art is generated through algorithms, but lets dive a bit deeper into this shall we? πŸ€”

Fractal Art was developed in around the mid-1980's and is the result of algorithmic calculations that result in still images, animations, and other types of various media. These images are rarely drawn by hand especially in the western world, but instead are created by the use of "fractal-generating" software. In some cases additional graphical editing software is used to further modify these images to create a desired ending result. πŸ€“

Phew! Now that a bit of explanation has been done how about we gaze upon some delicious fractal creations ourselves?  :3

Here are a few examples for your perusal, enjoy!

1. Two Words Quote Games

Thanks for sharing @SeraphicStar It's beautiful and complex, especially the first one. I am a big fan of mandalas since they are a part of Buddhism. They are so empowering and calming and they represent the circle of life - everything is beginning from the center and it ends up there, too. Here is one beautiful mandala for all of you πŸ€—

• AlansmartAlansmart Posts: 1,027 Superstar
    Fans of fractal geometric application should check out an artist Alex grey and his chapel of sacred mirrors.. I think you would enjoy the visual plethora πŸ•‰

Keep calm and crush on  πŸ¬πŸ”¨

Alan Smart 🍁
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 15,097 Superstar
    Would you believe I finally made it back here and read all the messages?  I've been busy between helping the players here, creating a website for my ex and updating a website for my old job.  You guys crack me up with these facts.  Not sure when I'll be back but I will try to come back more often.

Please  take note that if you are playing your game on a mobile device all boosters and lives are saved to that device so that you can play the game when you are offline.  Please do not accumulate them because any updates, crashes or device changes can cause these items to be lost.

***Candy Crush Soda Saga now has an "Ideas" category.  Please post your positive ideas on how to improve the game here.

You are always welcome 😊 @Elsa