🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Does this game run differently for everyone?

wozziewoo
wozziewoo Posts: 168 Level 3
I know a lot of people, probably the vast majority, play this game on various mobile devices, however, there is also a large percentage of people who like to play on their computer & only a computer.  It seems that there are all kinds of different events & activities taking place, but not everyone has the same experience.  I have read various explanations about this recently & I understand.  However, a few things have transpired recently that have made me start to question the overall experience.   It started with the Olivia Enclave & the struggles with that have been well documented.  Thankfully, I was able to receive the character so all is good on that end.  In originally voicing my difficulties with that, I discovered this community & since then have regularly checked some of the posts.  In doing so I discovered there is an Odus Challenge.  This is something that has not shown up for me... ever.  It seems to involve completing the daily quests.  I do that every day.  All 3 every day.  Since I started play way back in the very beginning I have only ever not completed all three daily quests twice, & those were on days I was away from my computer most of the day.  This seems like something that would be nice to have access to.  Then, a few hours ago, I received a Star Chaser.  I only needed 15 stars, but was given less then 24 hours to complete it.  This seems a bit unreasonable.  I am on level 1233 & those levels get quite challenging.  Now, I had just completed 4 levels (3 stars each) a few hours earlier, but I had 2 power boosters helping me.  Had the star chaser  shown up earlier those would have counted & I'd feel much more confident about completing the task.  So did it just not show up for me early enough or was it really only for a less then 24 hour period?  It reminds me, back around Thanksgiving, missing out on the Turkey Tiffi costume, because a star chaser for it showed up the day AFTER Thanksgiving, & time was already expired.  Then I was able to collect stickers for it, but disappeared a day later, when I was only about halfway there, because I was still collecting a lot of other costumes at the time.

I know I rambled on a bit but I wanted to explain my experience to provide reference for where I am coming from.  This game seems unfair if everyone is not allowed a similar experience or misses out on things because of the device they play.  Also, those that are much further along & have played from the beginning have more difficult levels to deal with & possibly a harder time achieving goals. 

Just something maybe worth thinking about.  Thanks for the time.

Comments

• Simon888
    Simon888 Posts: 289 Level 4
    I agree with you. I play game on windows 10 app on computer and I also have game installed on Bluestacks android emulator on same computer. The game has all events on android version but windows 10 app is so buggy. Olivia's enclave kept disappearing, Odus challenge has never showed up, i brought this up here in discussion but no one gets back about it anymore. The only good thing is that windows 10 version is always about 60 levels ahead of android version. I think they use us as guinea pigs for any bugs in new levels, not sure.
  • GranBarb
    GranBarb Posts: 378 Level 4
    wozziewoo said:
    I know a lot of people, probably the vast majority, play this game on various mobile devices, however, there is also a large percentage of people who like to play on their computer & only a computer.  It seems that there are all kinds of different events & activities taking place, but not everyone has the same experience.  I have read various explanations about this recently & I understand.  However, a few things have transpired recently that have made me start to question the overall experience.   It started with the Olivia Enclave & the struggles with that have been well documented.  Thankfully, I was able to receive the character so all is good on that end.  In originally voicing my difficulties with that, I discovered this community & since then have regularly checked some of the posts.  In doing so I discovered there is an Odus Challenge.  This is something that has not shown up for me... ever.  It seems to involve completing the daily quests.  I do that every day.  All 3 every day.  Since I started play way back in the very beginning I have only ever not completed all three daily quests twice, & those were on days I was away from my computer most of the day.  This seems like something that would be nice to have access to.  Then, a few hours ago, I received a Star Chaser.  I only needed 15 stars, but was given less then 24 hours to complete it.  This seems a bit unreasonable.  I am on level 1233 & those levels get quite challenging.  Now, I had just completed 4 levels (3 stars each) a few hours earlier, but I had 2 power boosters helping me.  Had the star chaser  shown up earlier those would have counted & I'd feel much more confident about completing the task.  So did it just not show up for me early enough or was it really only for a less then 24 hour period?  It reminds me, back around Thanksgiving, missing out on the Turkey Tiffi costume, because a star chaser for it showed up the day AFTER Thanksgiving, & time was already expired.  Then I was able to collect stickers for it, but disappeared a day later, when I was only about halfway there, because I was still collecting a lot of other costumes at the time.

I know I rambled on a bit but I wanted to explain my experience to provide reference for where I am coming from.  This game seems unfair if everyone is not allowed a similar experience or misses out on things because of the device they play.  Also, those that are much further along & have played from the beginning have more difficult levels to deal with & possibly a harder time achieving goals. 

Just something maybe worth thinking about.  Thanks for the time.
    @QueenMia , I agree with @wooziewoo & have the same concerns.
    Why are there so many different versions of the game - depending on what device we use to play on? It just seems unfair.
    I also want to ask, why does it seem like, on the higher levels especially, so many times I'll be 1 move short of completing the level & either have to quit & start over, or pay 10 gold to finish. Is this deliberate so that we players have to buy gold? I really like this game, but I'm getting tired of having to buy gold to progress. (In some cases, I have actually played 1 level for days before I give in & buy gold. 
  • flew66
    flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5
    Not only the quests and experiences are different on the various platform, even the board layouts are different. I recently played 1320 on both Android and Win10. The starting layout of the board are similar but not the same. The Win10 version is more difficult than the Android one. This is just one example of the many inconsistencies across platforms.
  • Simon888
    Simon888 Posts: 289 Level 4
    I wasn't aware that the layout of the board was different on some levels but I have noticed that the game seems harder on windows 10 sometimes. Maybe as it is 40-60 levels ahead they experiment to see how many times it takes players to complete each level and then adjust things accordingly on mobile versions.
  • wozziewoo
    So, this is showing up on the main screen as ANSWERED.  I'm not really sure that it is.  Definitely got confirmation, which I suppose is an answer in some form.  I'm not really sure what kind of answer I was looking for, or if there was really ever even a question that needed answering in the first place but I guess I would have liked to hear something from anyone in charge or who could provide some clarity as to all that is being said, rather then just other users agreeing with what I already knew & figured out.  So in the end, overall, not really as helpful as I had hoped, I guess. 
  • RegalRenz
    RegalRenz Posts: 8,494 Sweet Legend
    Hello @wozziewoo and @Simon888; welcome to the community! I understand and agree with your concerns @wozziewoo. One of the best people to provide an explanation is @QueenMia who is the community manager. Now that I've tagged her, I'm sure she will respond soon. 
  • wozziewoo
    Well, it's been over a week & still nothing further on this.  I guess it doesn't really matter if this game is fair or even for everyone, & we can all have different experiences.  After all, it basically does amount to an individual game anyway.  No point in comparing with anyone else, as we are not all on a level playing field.
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator
    @wozziewoo - @queenmia is very good about responding but she had a long weekend and was off today so she won't respond until next week. It will be interesting to hear what she says because I have also noticed the differences with other King games like Candy Crush Saga where Win 10 folks had access to a booster that was never available for mobile platform players.  I have been told that the reason why PC players are 60 levels ahead is because they have to jump thru some additional hoops before new levels can be released on Android or IOS platforms.  
  • wozziewoo
    So seems there's still no resolution on this, but today is another example.  Supposedly, the new Dachs Costume is available on al platforms, via the latest update.  However, after spending a good part of the day & thoroughly checking everywhere, there appears to be no update available on either of my Computers.  I went to the Microsoft store, I installed all updates, but nothing was listed for CCFS.  I can't do anything else, because the game is all ready installed, & I'm not going to reinstall & lose all boosters, which probably wouldn't even give me the proper update, anyway as it's no where to be found on either computer. Most of the time I wouldn't care or have it bother me as much, but since the Characters & the different costumes is what attracted me to this game in the 1st place & my main reason for playing, the lack of access just annoying me & not having the ability to start earning it just makes me hate the game & not want to bother.  It takes away the enjoyment & just pisses me off.
  • marscrushinit
    marscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Level 5
    Hi @wozziewoo 🤗. I have to say I agree with you. I love this game and this community but I have missed out on a lot of things due to testing . Olivia's enclave I had to complete both to achieve her where some it was one or the other. I haven't received the star quests , no free piggy bank, the costumes with ribbons, or the the new dacsh . A lot of it has to do with testing and I seem to be in the group that doesn't get to test anything lol. I hope one day it will be implemented for all players so it is equal for everybody. Sometimes I wonder how they pick who gets what in testing 🤔 . But I do know they do make improvements everyday and I do feel heard in the community so I keep the faith that one day the testing will be over . 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?