❄️🎄 We want to know what YOU think about the Holiday Calendar. Answer our survey here for a chance to win 10 Gold bars!
🔥 Hot right Now 🌶

Travel - Share some pics and stories

Comments

• mercerikmercerik Posts: 2,914 Legend
    @mercerik It was Hebei province near Beijing. I have lived there for a year. Of course, I have visited other parts but I spent my year there mostly.
    @firebombmarkus

Beijing is one of the places in China that I would like to visit when I go back to Hongkong. 

I've never lived in any other countries aside from the Philippines and the United States. I've been to Cancun and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico but that was work related. There was no problem there because I can speak a little bit of Spanish. I would probably be homesick if I can't communicate with anyone because of the language barriers.

Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times and good times.
    If you are going through hard times, have faith that good times are on the way.

From Star Wars Episode IX Teaser. (Converted from MP4 to GIF Format by: mercerik)

Candy Crush Saga Levels 5500 - 5900 on YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL7vu6Jj2SjF4LgrkaLxz08cSQEdGD0VA
    Lower Levels are also available on YouTube Playlists. Please visit my YouTube
    CHANNEL URL: https://www.youtube.com/c/merlstrom
  • firebombmarkusfirebombmarkus Posts: 9,276 Superstar
    @mercerik I am not that impressed with Beijing, not quite a fan of huge cities. It is a challenge indeed. In small towns, you can't even speak English with anyone except for "hello", "hi" etc. Hence, the best option is a translator.
  • mercerikmercerik Posts: 2,914 Legend
    edited May 18
    @mercerik I am not that impressed with Beijing, not quite a fan of huge cities. It is a challenge indeed. In small towns, you can't even speak English with anyone except for "hello", "hi" etc. Hence, the best option is a translator.
    @firebombmarkus

I learned a little bit of Chinese working for 12 years with a Chinese boss like xièxiè for thank you or duō xiè for thanks a lot, diànhuà for telephone and other basic conversation words. I know how to count in Chinese because I play the real Ancient Mahjong as shown in the Screen Shot with #5, #6 & #7 characters, #4 & #8 sticks or bamboos. It is played with total of 4 players on the Mahjong Table with the actual tiles. I have a set here at home although I have no one to play with. Did you learn this game when you were there?

Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times and good times.
    If you are going through hard times, have faith that good times are on the way.

From Star Wars Episode IX Teaser. (Converted from MP4 to GIF Format by: mercerik)

Candy Crush Saga Levels 5500 - 5900 on YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL7vu6Jj2SjF4LgrkaLxz08cSQEdGD0VA
    Lower Levels are also available on YouTube Playlists. Please visit my YouTube
    CHANNEL URL: https://www.youtube.com/c/merlstrom
  • flew66flew66 Posts: 1,893 Game Expert
    Wow! Nice photos guys and gals! I wonder how I missed this thread. Here's a few photos I took from Macau last year. If you're traveling to Hong Kong / China, it is worthwhile to take a side trip to Macau. Macau is the Vegas in the east.
    Also, The House of Water Dance show is amazing!

"It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams." - Gabriel García Márquez

Find out more about Game Experts here!
    Wow! I love this! @flew66 Thanks for sharing 😊
  • QueenMiaQueenMia Posts: 6,197 Community Manager
    That;'s so great @bearwithme, @firebombmarkus, @flew66, @mercerik - Thanks so much for your pics and experiences! I just love it 🤗 

I'll share some pics of temples in Nepal and Cambodia later, need to find them first! Please keep sharing 😍

Welcome to the King Community!
    No account yet? Sign up here in 2 seconds!

👉 CCFS - Win Gold bars Here 🍒
    🌟 Beat our Superstars and get free boosters - Check here  🎉

It's going to be Friend-Tastic ❄️ Find out more here for a chance to win 10 Gold bars!

👉 CCJS - Gold bars here 🍭
  • bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 4,433 Superstar
    Wow - awesome stories and pictures.  Thank you so much for [email protected]  @firebombmarkus @flew66  I've only seen Macau in the movies.  I'd like to visit one day.  @Mercerik - have you been back to Hong Kong since it reverted?  I didn't notice that much of a change on the surface.

Here are some photos from a place I'm sure some of you (if not most) will recognize (I love the wine!):

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh

Be sure to come check out the  Beginner's Corner and visit the lounge area 💕💕

If you are new to the community please check here for helpful info: Learn more about the King Community

💕Love Candy Crush Friends?  It's going to be Friend-Tastic ❄️ Find out more here for a chance to win 10 Gold bars!
    Some more great pictures, @bearwithme - Looks to me like Germany? 
    I like that game ;) 

It's going to be Friend-Tastic ❄️ Find out more here for a chance to win 10 Gold bars!

@firebombmarkus, there's no hills in Denmark 😋

It definitely looks like a Nordic country... the castle makes me believe it's Germany but not 100% sure! Could be Austria or even maybe Romania...?!

I'm in Denmark right now actually and here's how it looks around 😊

Yeah, you are definitely right @QueenMia I just thought it might be Scandinavia because of these cute houses but when I look closer it might also be Germany, they have similar style there.
    @QueenMia and @firebombmarkus - yes it is definitely Germany in the wine country region alongside the Mosel River.  There is a charming town called Bernkastel right on the Mosel - that's all those charming houses you see.  You can also see some of the grape vines in some of the pictures.  I was in the town for their wine festival.  Lots of fun - I love their semi-sweet white wines in particular.
    Thank you for sharing the pictures of Denmark.  I love that country (in face I really enjoy all of Scandinavia).  I took my kids to the original Legoland in Denmark and we stayed at the Legoland hotel.  They had so much fun - especially earning their 'Drivers Licenses' on the little go kart course..  They were the perfect age (around 5 and 7).

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh

If you are new to the community please check here for helpful info: Learn more about the King Community

💕Love Candy Crush Friends?  It's going to be Friend-Tastic ❄️ Find out more here for a chance to win 10 Gold bars!
    edited May 20
    Excellent! I just know the North of Germany, around Hamburg but definitely want to go to the wine region and also see the castles of the Black Forest! 

I absolutely love Scandinavia too, @bearwithme! Been to all the Scandinavian countries and my aim is to retire here! For now, I'm happy with the Spanish sun - I definitely need sunlight in my life :tongue: 

Some pics of Norway and Iceland... my fav kind of landscape! Do you have some to share about your trips in here too, @bearwithme?

@firebombmarkus, any stories to share about Germany?

@QueenMia - beautiful pictures!  I haven't been to Iceland yet - that is definitely on my list.  I might have a few photos from when I did a Baltic cruise - but I'm not sure where they are - I'll have to do some research and see what I can find. Here are some more photos (definitely not Scandinavia):

These pictures are wonderful, @bearwithme :heart: Is that Brazil maybe?!