🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Worldwide top 20000 players for star collecting event?

Comments

• mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    I didn’t go to next round 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Acv
    Acv Posts: 650 Level 5
    @QueenMia I think that King should run a smaller tournament for the players who were unable to participate.  Maybe because there were not enough players from that country.  Maybe group them into 12 different groups and them have them compete for a chance to move on to round two.  I am not sure the percentages of players who moved on for each country but maybe have the top 15%, or what ever the correct percentage is, move on.  Also I am on to round two and would like to see notifications of how my country is doing.  Thank you.  By the way good luck to all the players who moved on.
  • QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Hey @Acv :waving:

Thanks for the feedback! The tournament was designed to give a chance to everyone, regardless of how many people in the country participate in Round 1. It's been made to celebrate the Women Football WorldCup so it's just celebrating Team work! Only one country can win ;) 

Don't you worry though, there will be more occasion to get more costumes ;) 

• flew66
    flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5
    Finally got the announcement after today's update from Google Play store. The catch is there is only 1 day to play and I have no new levels to play until tomorrow. 
    The silver lining is that it is not about individuals but all the players in the same country are banded together. The players in the winning country will all get Tiffi's special costume.
  • marscrushinit
    marscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Level 5
    This seems like a fun event . I wish I could have played bit I'm not that far in the games 
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,946 Candy Moderator
    @marscrushinit - I'm only in the 200s and I got the offer but didn't collect enough stars (I'm very slowly advancing in this game).  However @MiaChristine is competing and is representing the USA! 😊👏
  • marscrushinit
    marscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Level 5
    Thanks for the info @bearwithme. I wonder what the process is for choosing who gets to compete then. That's so cool @MiaChristine is representing USA ! 😁
  • chocolatecat
    chocolatecat Posts: 3 Newbie
    So i ended up qualifying, and the popup screen I received said I made it to the next round. The icon in the center of the screen was the US flag (as I play within the US)

It is a weird tournament, and I wish this was handled in a better way by King. More visibility of the event from within the game, as well as the details and such would be very welcomed come the next event.
  • Hello Everyone, 

As @QueenMia said this event was created to celebrate something that I (as an American who enjoys football) am very excited about, the Women's World Cup!  The US WNT is fantastic and I am excited to see them play against the equally amazing Swedish women's national team (Sweden being my home these days) tomorrow!  This event is running in 12 of the 20 countries participating in the Women's World Cup. The selection of these 12 countries was based on the countries participating that have the most people playing CCFS.  We had to ensure that we had a significant number of players over the top 25,000 so that players had a reasonable challenge.  As for how the event worked, all of the stars collected were tracked in game and the results were tabulated outside of the game, then the results were communicated to players via our in game popups.  I wish everyone who made it to round 2 the best of luck in collecting Tiffi's new costume and thanks to everyone who participated!  We hope to run more events like this in the future and always strive to improve them so any feedback is appreciated :-)
  • chocolatecat
    chocolatecat Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited June 2019
    Hello @CandyCrushinator,

I will make my feedback more constructive, as I truly like this event, but think it could have been better implemented. Having to go to the forums outside of the app for more information seems sufficient to say the event was not properly explained.

More Visibility: 
    The popup for each stage of the event only displays once. After glancing at the first notification, and by the time I made this thread, I clearly got the amount of people wrong as I had nothing to refer back to. It would be nice to have this event visible above our daily 3 quests or on the top left corner of the game world like the long-duration timed quests sometimes found in Candy Crush Saga. Please allow us ways to see these event popups at our will, as they're easy to miss or tap through.

Better Explained Event:
    When the event first started, from the first popup in the app, I thought i was in a competition vs everyone in the world in order to collect as many stars as possible, and that the top 20000 (clearly now 25000) players would qualify to compete in another round. There was no global timer for the event, and it drove me to make this thread here on the forums.

However upon making the post, it was discovered this is a regional event, of which some regions cannot even participate in, and that it was to show support for a sport.

Upfront Rewards:
    I actually do like the mystery behind the message of, "you're now in an event; keep playing to qualify," but on day 1 we had no idea what the event would yield. 

Even if it stated, "A secret costume," would be obtainable, I think there would be more of a drive for others to either play or spend money on to advance. 

Please do more of these events. Global events/competition among or with brackets of players are unique and thrilling to me. Please do consider the three topics above when forming the next event.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?