1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
๐Ÿ‘ฏโ€โ™€๏ธFind your Team HERE!

Bookworms

Options

Comments

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Options

@marscrushinit The third one is Crossroads. It's also profound and enlightening, but each one is in its own way.

• wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend
    Options

Hi everyone! I just found this thread! I love to read although lately I have been on such a long hiatus that I don't even know where to pick back up. It's funny to me because I can look at my bookshelf and see myself going through stages and periods in my life. I have favorite authors and titles from each, but somehow each just feels a little "off" at this point in my life. ๐Ÿ˜Š

One of the things that I would really like to do is explore some good international authors. @firebombmarkus I saw on a thread a while back that you are Serbian. I am 3rd generation Croatian American. My grandmother taught me a few words and songs before she passed but that's all. I miss her a lot. I would love to connect to this part of my heritage and identity in some way, and reading an English translation of a good Croatian/Serbian book would be awesome. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance if you can think of anything.

I will have to check out The Shack too! Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• firebombmarkus
    Options

That's adorable @wafercookieflippers Let me think a little bit and I will write you back ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Ashraf
    Ashraf Posts: 8,495 Sweet Legend
    Options
    I read books in Arabic
    But I studied "journey to the center of the earth" at school and many stories books ..ย  I like this book so much ..ย 

• firebombmarkus
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @Ashraf

I didn't have the chance to welcome you to our adorable Community ๐Ÿ˜Š I can see you are very active these days and have a lot of fun around ๐Ÿค—
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,952 Candy Moderator
    Options
    @Ashraf - ah a classic of science fiction.ย  I like to read several different types of books but one of my favorites is Science Fiction and Fantasy.ย  One of my favorites is Dune by Frank Herbert.
  • firebombmarkus
    Options
    @bearwithme It seems I missed your post and I am seeing it right now. Thanks for sharing your reading preferences with us ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • RegalRenz
    RegalRenz Posts: 8,494 Sweet Legend
    Options
    I am a huge reader. The last non fiction book I read was Born A Crime by Trevor Noah. It's autobiographical and absolutely hilarious though it highlights his struggles growing up in South Africa.I'm currently reading Leverage In Death by JD Robb. The In Death books are a series of futuristic novels and I like them a lot.
  • firebombmarkus
    Options
    That's really nice to hear @RegalRenz That autobiography sounds interesting though ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • firebombmarkus
    Options
    So guys what are you reading these days? I am reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I watched this movie like ten times and I love it so much. It always finds me when I am on some kind of crossroads in my life. Therefore, I wanted to read the book and see if it is the same. I am looking forward to hearing from anyone of you and knowing what do you read. Enjoy your day ๐ŸŒˆ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?