🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Badges for Actual Gameplay

HellsBelle
HellsBelle Posts: 521 Level 4
I apologize in advance if I am not doing this properly. This idea is somewhat of a spinoff of @caambuj idea to recognize silent players.

What if there were badges for the games themselves? Just something simple like “4 year veteran player” for Candy Crush or it could be more detailed depending on each game. Collecting badges could gain some “sweet rewards” in the community like a sneak peak or something like what I saw offered in the description for the “Backstage” area. Most superfans who have been playing for that long or winning that many levels would probably feel quite rewarded with just a glimpse. I know I would. 

The badges could also be a reward in and of themselves. The games certainly are. However the special designation also goes to show the community that this user is seasoned and well-versed in the game, even if their forum count may be low or their English fluency may keep them from otherwise posting. 

Given that we have the game IDs, I would think it would not be that hard to verify. I don’t know if there are other technical issues.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 😊

Comments

• caambuj
    caambuj Posts: 1,733 Level 5
    Hi @HellsBelle, now you have created a path for those unrecognized players to become a new bee in this community. Although it is a fine tuning of my basic idea, but it looks great. Now we can proceed from here towards a sweet conclusion. You have my vote and full support.  =)<3
  • HellsBelle
    Hi @mysticalmysty and @firebombmarkus! Sorry to bother you superstars but my idea doesn’t look like it is able to be voted upon. Is there something else I am supposed to do? If this is not an idea that is able to be presented to the community you can deleted my post. Thank you kindly. 
  • mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    Hi @HellsBelle You’re not bothering us at all and let me just tag @QueenMia so she can look it up why your idea can’t be vote on, hopefully you’ll get the answer tomorrow 😊
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,946 Candy Moderator
    @HellsBelle - when you posted this discussion - did you get the option to make it an 'idea'?  If it is posted as an idea - then the option to vote should automatically come up.  You might try posting it again - but click on the area outlined in pink above and it will take you to the ideas section and you should be able to post your idea there where people can vote on it.

I totally agree and support the idea of badges and in fact have a vote going on for badges for levels achievements based upon what @caambuj had stated. https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/260941/new-badges#latest.  However I agree with both of you and think badges could be given for a variety of reasons (like you mentioned - years of playing - like 5 year anniversary of playing a game etc.). 
  • HellsBelle
    edited July 2019
    @bearwithme Weird. I did make it an idea and it had a little green box for voting. The idea disappeared for awhile then reappeared. When it came back, however, said green box did not have the arrows available for users to submit a vote. I waited to see if they would come back before submitting the tags to MysticalMysty and QueenMia. I apologize if I should have tagged you or if something I did was out of order. I had also made my idea after working through some options to use with what caambuj had suggested. I do not know how to link but I am sure you could see the idea listed there as well. 

Regardless—if this is not something that the mods wish to vote on or implement, it can be closed. Thank you. 
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,946 Candy Moderator
    @HellsBelle - you did nothing wrong and you are welcome to tag whichever Superstar or person you want.  You are definitely free to post an idea and have people vote on it!  It's just weird that it wouldn't allow people to vote - definitely sounds like a glitch and you were right to tag those people.

Like I said I totally support the idea of creating and giving badges to recognize certain game accomplishments - whether it is having played X amount of levels (500, 1000, etc.) or having played a game for X amount of years or any other significant accomplishment. Please don't let this glitch stop you from participating and posting your ideas.  I think they are great and we definitely encourage more participation in this community.  Thank you for being such an active member here.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?