🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

I can't play since an update to the game.

Answers

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,652 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Hello @Knight789, Hearty Welcome to the Candy Friends section of our friendly King Community :) 

I am sorry to hear about the issue in your game!!  Can you please explain a bit more about what is happening?  

Are you able to see the "Play" screen?  Is the game closing once you press on "Play"?  Or is it something else? 

Try some trouble-shooting steps and see if it helps!  Here is a link to follow for your tablet  https://community.king.com/en/blog/discussion/246638/is-your-game-crashing-on-an-ios-device

** IF you tap on "Type your Comment" box located below, you will be able to write back :+1: 

Looking forward to talk to you soon!  Have a nice day/evening!
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,652 Candy Moderator
    Hello @wlee

I saw your other post and understood what you wrote!  Let's try some trouble shooting steps and see if removes the flickering and takes you back to the game!!    

Here is the link to work on Android devices -->  https://community.king.com/en/blog/discussion/234676/is-your-game-crashing-on-an-android-device

Please try all the steps given in that link except "Delete & Reinstall the App"!  It is a last resort because we will loose all our saved up lollipops and they will not be reimbursed by the King team UNLESS they were purchased with real money!

If nothing resolves the issue, you can go ahead with re installation... but, remember that all the Lollipops will be lost!!

Please let me know.  Tap on "Type your Comment" box located below to write back :+1:  

Talk to you soon!  Have a great week ahead!
  • QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    edited August 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi everyone and welcome to the Community :waving:

Since you all have the same issue, I have merged all your questions together so you all can receive the updates at the same time!

We are indeed having issues with the game since the latest release and we would like to apologise for the inconvenience. This is affecting mostly players who are using Android or Kindle devices. However, please note that this is only affecting the landscape mode - Therefore, we'd suggest you to use the portrait mode to play until we fix the problem.

I'll update you as soon as it's fixed! 

Thanks for your patience and understanding! 

And since you're here, why not take your chance to win up to 100 Gold bars? Check our Superstars Summer Contest right here for more info! Good luck :star: 
  • axion
    axion Posts: 9 Level 2
    edited August 2019
    The problem only appears to happen if the game gets started while the android device is in landscape mode.
    The screen goes black and tries to switch to portrait mode but returns to landscape mode "desktop".
    So the game only doesn't start if the tablet/phone is set to landscape mode before starting.
    If I set the display to portrait mode before tapping on the game it starts normally.
    Before the latest update the game would allways automatically switch to portrait mode. And now during the short startup it still tries to trun the screen 90degrees ( the buttons move to the portait edge ) but the orange screen does not appear but the screen returns to the desktop.
  • QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Hey @axion - Yes, that's right! That's why for the time being, it's best to use the portrait mode ;) I'll let you guys know once the landscape mode is back to normal! 

Thanks! 
  • wlee
    wlee Posts: 5 Level 2
    The app icon is on my homepage. When I click on Candy Crush friends Saga app icon, nothing happens. The game does not open! I have checked for all updates to my tablet as well as the game. I have sufficient memory and the cache has been cleared. I cannot get into the game no matter what I try. I seriously believe there's nothing else I can do on my end. It all happened immediately after the August 7th automatic update.  Please fix this bug for me and many others as I really miss playing my game!
  • axion
    wlee said:
    The app icon is on my homepage. When I click on Candy Crush friends Saga app icon, nothing happens. The game does not open! I have checked for all updates to my tablet as well as the game. I have sufficient memory and the cache has been cleared. I cannot get into the game no matter what I try. I seriously believe there's nothing else I can do on my end. It all happened immediately after the August 7th automatic update.  Please fix this bug for me and many others as I really miss playing my game!
    Dear WLee change your screen from landscape (horizontal) to portrait (vertical) mode before trying to start Candy Crush Friends Saga.
  • wlee
    I have tried everything you suggested. My game finally came back when I switched from landscape mode to portrait mode. Unfortunately everything was lost my score Etc sense I tried all of your methods. What a shame I had to go through this because of your August 7th update and now I am back to zero
  • wlee
    Sadly I am now back at level 1 instead of level  589 due to your update 
  • axion
    wlee said:
    Sadly I am now back at level 1 instead of level  589 due to your update

Don't forget to login to your account either through facebook or otherwhise.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?