🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

👩‍🎨Anyone else out there an artist ? do you enjoy art? Let’s get inspired!

In honor of our new friend Rachel, who is a sweet Raccoon with amazing talents as a painter, I thought maybe some of you might be interested in sharing your own art. I am not an artist, but I love to enjoy it. My favorite artists are expressionist painters like Klee and Kandinsky. I am not much into photography but contemporary artist Todd Hido is one that just amazes me. It was like a key that unlocked a door inside me when I saw Hido’s collection called “House Hunting” for the first time.

I think all good art can be like that—it shows us something new—and the great art can show us something new inside of ourselves. 

Paul Klee

Todd Hido

So is anyone one interested in sharing any projects? Or any favorite works of art that you enjoy? I just thought it might be neat to have a lovely little gallery here in our Friendly Candy Community and make Rachel feel at home! 

🌈💕🐳

Comments

• mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    Hi @wafercookieflippers I do love Keith Haring, got 2 of his artworks in my apt ( but due the graphic content, I can’t share it on here 🤭 ) so I picked  some that I goggled it 
  • wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend
    That’s awesome, I like Keith Haring too @mysticalmysty! Todd Hido has a lot of photography that I can’t post either, but it looks great in the art books that I have! It’s part of the story... hopefully it won’t be a problem if a few things get posted here but who knows... 😊
  • mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    @wafercookieflippers But the one that I have are really graphic, I don’t know if it permitted 😉
  • QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    Love these 2 ;) But one of my favourite is Salvador Dali! A little crazy 🤪 but a great artist! 

There's an amazing Dali museum not far from Barcelona and a desert called the Dali desert in Bolivia. I've been there and it looks like it comes straight out of one of his painting (he never knew this place existed!)

I also have the elephant from that painting tattooed on my leg - The elephant always wants to get higher but always keep the feet on the ground :star: 

Who else do you like, guys?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 15,585 Level 2
    edited September 2019

I really love these drawings... <3:love: 

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    I second that @QueenMia I love his weird paintings and his even weirder personality. One more artist I want to add to this list is definitely Frida Kahlo ♥️ Thank you so much for making this thread @wafercookieflippers I love it!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 15,585 Level 2

The only painting I love... <3

(Leonardo da Vinci)
  • wafercookieflippers
    I really enjoy surrealism as well! That is a great painting and I love Dalí. There is often much meaning behind what appears to be nonsense. I had found a neat gif of a famous Frieda Kahlo self-portrait awhile ago. (If I had not been so far into my studies when I took my first art history course, I may have changed my major!) 😍 @QueenMia @firebombmarkus

I wish I could go back and figure out where I got this from. It was a tumblr art something? 

• wafercookieflippers
    A print of this painting used to hang in my friend’s home. I always stared at it. I found this on the same tumblr art gif thing and it was the only other one I downloaded because I was so certain I could find it again. 

• stramonium
    stramonium Posts: 113 Level 3
    Hi!
    One of the works of art that I have seen and enjoyed most is a black hole by Anish Kapoor. In a picture it does not look much, but when you see one in reality you (at least I) are strongly influenced. He uses a matte black pigment. Which causes one to be tricked into experiencing the hole as completely boatless and endless.

But my absolute favorite artist is a rather unknown Swedish artist named Ivan Stuffe. You can probably classify him in the group Outsider artist. He is not only a fanatic artist but he is also an amazingly skilled craftsman. He makes sculptures in stone, bronze, wood and he mixes these materials. The works are often shamanistic or spiritual. Unfortunately, there are not so many pictures online on his work.                                            

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?