🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

National Holidays

BQN537
BQN537 Posts: 25,062 Pro Player 👑
Hi Everyone 
I am trying to find out what national holiday your country celebrates so we can celebrate with you please send me your ideas and the holidays you celebrate 🎉 

Comments

• christine88
    christine88 Posts: 844 Level 5
    I will be celebrating Thanksgiving soon 
  • BQN537
    Thanks @christine88 a lot of people will be spread the word to see what people in other parts of the world 🌎 celebrate 🎉 happy turkey hunting 
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    edited November 2019
    What a wonderful idea @BQN537!  You've got me to help you.  I'll tag some people to come here.

• BQN537
    Ok I will start off with Australia Day 26/01/2020talk about a Party 🎉 
  • gr33n3y3z
    gr33n3y3z Posts: 9,493 Level 5
    Soon I will be celebrating in order

• Thanksgiving🍗
    • Christmas🎄
    • New years 🥂😚
    • Groundhog Day(this is a weird on lol, i don't pay much mind to this day)😏
    • Valentines day (also my hubby's Birthday) <3
    • Easter 🍭🐰
  • BQN537
    Hi @gr33n3y3z
    Yeah your right in order let’s see 
    Christmas Day 
    New Years
    Australia Day
    Easter
    Saint Patrick’s Day lots of fun and green beverages 
    Anzac Day for the First World War and all the veterans past and present very important to me 25/04/2020
    Queens Birthday 
    Labour day just another holiday to me
    forgot Boxing Day that’s more so Sydney to Hobart yacht race for me and many others
    what is ground hog day I have heard of it 😉🍀👍
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    That's cool that we are sharing these holidays.  @gr33n3y3z you must live in the USA because that is where I live and also have those holidays. 

Groundhog day is supposed to determine how many more weeks we have left of winter.  Supposedly this groundhog lives in Pennsylvania and if he comes out of his hole and sees his shadow then he goes back underground and winter is still another 6 weeks.  If he doesn't see his shadow then we will have an early spring.  So how about we try this................

Since I love doing my stories and things.  Let's find out what countries celebrate Christmas.  Also let's share whether it's a religious holiday or a Santa holiday.  I am going to start working on my Christmas story some time during the week and I will be checking out the Santa story and how it became related to Christmas.

So I will share the big holidays in USA.

Thanksgiving
    Christmas
    New Year's Day
    Easter
    Memorial Day
    4th of July
    Labor Day
    Halloween

I think those are the big days.  I don't think we have a specific day for the USA like you have with Australia day.  I was born and grew up in Canada and I think they have a Canada Day.  But I haven't lived there in such a long time so hopefully some player here lives in Canada and can share their holidays with us.
  • BQN537
    edited November 2019
    Yes I think all the commonwealth countries have a national day like there is the commonwealth games and the Olympic Games where America doesn’t attend The commonwealth games don’t really know how to say that ground hog day sounds like fun👍🎉🍫🌎 and keep the stories coming elsa
  • gr33n3y3z
    gr33n3y3z Posts: 9,493 Level 5
    @BQN537 lol what is groundhog day? Its more like a joke than anything but here we go....

It's when this glorified groundhog is brought out after its hibernation on the 2nd of February and if it see's it's shadow it's "supposed" to mean that we get six more weeks of winter. Lol i wish i could make this up it's so weird.

• BQN537
    Hi @gr33n3y3z
    do many people do crazy things like have a flutter (bet) trying to figure out the outcome I know Aussie would 🥵🤫🙈

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?