🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Let's Break the Ice: It's Question Time!

Comments

• DoubleB423
    DoubleB423 Posts: 252 Level 4
    Back in the day when I was a young whippersnapper, I enjoyed playing with my G.I.Joe figurines.. As I grew older, and with the latest and greatest coming out in the early 90's , *I decided to sell my collection of everything G.I.Joe.- with one goal in mind; purchasing the bright and shiny new 8bit wonder that is " The Nintendo Entertainment System".  So Sounds corny huh? Let's get to the good part..  Now, when I gathered all my figurines together, I was unaware that the person who had responded to the Classified Ad in the paper to buy them:
    Was none other than my Grandparents. Although I was sad that I was bagging up all of my most beloved toys, I was excited to get the Nintendo. The day I got the Nintendo, my parents said I was going to my nannies (grandmother). When I arrived at my Nannies, I was greeted with hugs and love as usual. But, I felt something was up just from the grin on her face. From the living room, I heard my papaw say " Brandon, go down to the basement and get me and you a drink, and I think there is a bag down there for you"
    When I got to the basement, right in front of the Pepsi's was a strange looking duffelbag. In that duffelbag was every piece of G.I.Joe anything that I had collected fot years..  Happy Holidays Everybody.  Tears are rolling down my face as I type this. Cherish the ones you love, because we aren't promised tomorrow. Thanks for the memories @wafercookieflippers. You made my evening..
  • donnafinnell
    donnafinnell Posts: 2 Newbie
    Love this game, but what I don't understand is how come you have to pay to open up the piggy bank. You earn the starts that turn to gold bars and they are put into the bank then you have to pay to get them out? Why?
  • kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 142,973 Candy Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Thanks for tagging me df @wafercookieflippers <3
    Good morning with cold wheather here  =)
    When I am aware and can remember, besides me there is Hello Kitty doll. Until I was in love with her and collected several doll until now. 

And i really like Doaemon and his friends . what i dont like is Giant because he always interferes and distrub other. Every week I always waiting for Doraemon movie on the television .

Have a great day everyone  <3
  • DoubleB423
    I understand your view on the piggy bank subject @donnafinnell I understand that we earn the stars that turn into gold bars, but the developers went with this system to effectively monetize the players desire to move forward. I  have purchased this option several times, (hoping the capacity would increase in size) to my regret, every time it has stayed the same..  
    On the other hand, the game was a free download. I don't mind forking over some hard earned shekels to KING. Some reciprocity would be nice every now and again from KING, for players that actually do purchase from them. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Thanks for for the tag @wafercookieflippers 
    Favorite toy? Very difficult question as none of them really stood out. But possibly my first electric train set or slot car set.
  • Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,012 Community Manager
    Oh, @DoubleB423, that's a great story! Grandparents are the best  <3

One of my favorite toys has also to to with Grandparents. When I was born, my family lived in Venezuela, and my Grandparents lived in Spain (my mother's parents) and in Germany (my father's). One day, a family friend called Erika was traveling form Madrid to Venezuela, and asked my Spanish Grandma if she wanted her to bring something for me. And my Grandma bought the biggest doll she could find.
    I wish I could have seen Erika's face when she saw the doll and thought she had to bring it all the way to Venezuela with her (8 hours on an airplane, the doll "sitting" in her lap)! But she did.

Then, some years later, I put her on a new dress: it was the typical German dress, "Dirnl", that my German Grandma sewed for my first birthday!

So now, the doll, called Erika by the way, sits in our sofa wearing her "Dirnl" and reminds me of those three people: my two Grandmas and our friend Erika!!
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Hi @wafercookieflippers and thank you for tagging me 😊 When I was a kid I slept with a tiny teddy bear, my brother had one too. As we are twins, we spent a lot of time together, driving a bicycle. I didn't like playing with the cars at all while he did. I guess it's no surprise 😁
  • DoubleB423
    Thanks for sharing @Lola_Pop!
    That was a wonderful story!
  • KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend
    What a wonderful thread @wafercookieflippers 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Favorite toy growing up was a basketball. I spent hours in my driveway practicing when I was a kid. Wanted to be an NBA 🏀 player. Didn’t turn out so well 🤔😉🤣
  • donnafinnell
    donnafinnell Posts: 2 Newbie
    Is there a way to turn off the piggy bank so a person can actually have the gold bars that you earned out right, without having to pay for them? Somehow it just doesn't make since to have to pay for the gold bars that you earn. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?