🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Join the GIF Battle!

Comments

• wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend
    Maybe it's time to update Mom and Dad on stellar academic performance and exemplary school spirit? It is the end of the semester. Just in time for Christmas too! #onthenicelist #positivethinking @Nat09 @bearwithme

• Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑
    Well, that didn’t go as expected. My youngest son ( just turned 16) has been bullied for years but this year is the worst, it’s all the time, every week it’s someone new. Last week someone told him to go kill  himself and he lost it. He flipped a desk over and stormed out ( he was sent home), then Thursday a teacher made a comment ( I’m sure he was joking, it was nothing really bad but my son took it personally) and he broke down crying, couldn’t stop, had to go get him. We ( my husband, son and I) decided, for his mental health, it would be better to pull him out of school. I thought we could arrange something but the only thing we can do is adult education next September ( there is no other english high school around or we would transfer him). He might be able to have some books this year and start working on it but he won’t get any help from teachers. At least he would have something to do in the meantime and bring the work with him in September, he’d be able to get ahead. It makes me angry and sad that he won’t be able to participate in school activities and outings ( he loved it) or go to dances or his graduation. He gets to miss out because he can’t take people bullying him anymore, even his grades have slipped. Seems wrong that the one who wants an education has to quit school because of bullying.
    Sorry for the long text 😔
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,951 Candy Moderator
    @Nat09 - I am so sorry that has happened to your son.  I know kids can be cruel but bullying has totally gotten out of hand and I hold the parents of the kids doing the bullying mostly responsible!  The teachers and school leadership should all have a no tolerance policy against it and take strong action against the bullies.  I sincerely hope things will work out alright for you and your son.  
    Teddy Bear Flower GIF - TeddyBear Flower ForYou GIFs
    Take care and I will be thinking of you and saying a prayer.
  • wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend

@Nat09 I am so sorry. That rips your heart out when it is your kids. I feel terrible for you and for your son. I wish I could make it better for you both. Just trust yourself to be strong and do what is right for your son. You are an amazing mom. You will help him through this just as you have already been helping him. Love may not be able to protect against bullies but love can heal all wounds. I will be sending all of your family loving kindness and even to those at fault. I hope they can be more like you. ♥️

Hang in there. I am so sorry.
  • KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend
    @Nat09 - I just want to do this for you and your son right now 🥺🤗

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,951 Candy Moderator
    Just remember @Nat09 - we are here for you. We are one big family here in the community and we care about each other and are ready to lend a helping hand, a sympathetic ear and send warm and loving thoughts your way.

Friendship Help GIF - Friendship Help Girl GIFs

• BQN537
    BQN537 Posts: 25,070 Pro Player 👑
    Morning @Nat09
    I was reading your post I’m so sorry for what you’re son and the rest of your family are going through bullying has gotten out of control everywhere if you ever want to talk or anything you know where I am and everybody has you in there thoughts and prayers keep strong 💪 
  • Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑
    edited December 2019
    Thank you so much @bearwithme @wafercookieflippers, @Foley1362 and @BQN537 for your love and support, it means a lot to me 🥰 and I appreciate it. At least I won’t have to worry about who and what they will say to him next time. He will be able to heal and turn his concentration back on his work.😊
  • mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    I’m terribly sorry to hear that @Nat09 I really can feel the pain. Growing up I was bullied mostly with all my teachers and I was a misfit when I was kid, but it all make me strong now, I hope all these things that happening to your youngest son make him strong too, and if you ever need someone to talk to, I’m all ears, and I mean it 💕

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?