🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Same Game Different Versions...

Options
happykook
happykook Posts: 6 Level 2
So so both me and my wife have Candy Crush Friends installed on Samsung Galaxy S9+. but our games are quite different, when they should be the same.

On my phone on my game I have the Achievements for each character (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Rainbow) that i can unlock.

My wife's version does not have the Achievements for each character at all. But, she gets options to watch ads for extra moves when she doesn't finish a level, and options to watch an Ad for extra moves for her next level. 

My game does not offer me extra moves for watching ads... according to our Android OS we are both running version 1.27.6 of the game. 

So why are our games completely different when its the same version, on the same model device...

Any help with this one?

Comments

• wozziewoo
    wozziewoo Posts: 168 Level 3
    Options
    This has actually been addressed many times.  I first brought it up months ago here:

It has also been addressed repeatedly in many other threads as well. Last month in the questions to the studio thread these questions were asked & answered:

You: I want to know why some people get the challenges and some other don't

Jessica, Data Scientist: As a games developer, the most important way to learn about whether and how our players enjoy different features and events we make for them is to do what we call AB tests. By giving some players a particular event, and others another event, or maybe no event at all, we can compare the data from those different groups and learn how appealing and fun different elements of the game are. This is how we make sure that we only give our players what they really enjoy! Unfortunately, this means that some players will miss out on some events 😕 But don't get disheartened if you missed some event. Since it's completely random, you will probably get lucky for the next one!

You: Why do some people get free boosters at the start of the games and watch video for 4 extra moves and others don’t?

Jessica, Data Scientist: Similar to answer above, we want to make sure that watching videos is rewarding for our players, and not an annoying experience. Therefore, we are doing various tests for different players across different King games to ensure the best player experience. Every time we do a test, we learn a bit more about what our players enjoy, and we can make the game a bit better!

Take from this what you will.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?