🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Is it possible to get 3 stars on level 438?

Elliersm50
Elliersm50 Posts: 1 Newbie
I don't move on to the next level until I get 3 stars.  I have been in first place several times but can't get that elusive 3rd star!

Comments

• QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Hey @Elliersm50 and welcome to the Community 🤗 

Yes, it is possible indeed and I'm sure our Game Experts and Superstars can share some tips with you - @Sofia1992 @flew66 @Nat09 @wafercookieflippers @Foley1362 @PummyRaj @firebombmarkus @mysticalmysty @bearwithme @kiara_wael... Does anyone has a good tip for our friend @Elliersm50?

Thanks and happy playing 🍒
  • KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend
    Hi @Elliersm50 - welcome to our friendly community. As the levels progress and you get higher it might become necessary to pass the level by and then come back later when you have timed boosters OR a new Friend unlocked that might make the elusive 3rd booster easier. I totally understand the feeling of wanting 3 ✨ on every level though 💪🏻

Thanks for the heads up @QueenMia 🙏🏻
  • Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑
    Hi @Elliersm50, I totally agree with @Foley1362, sometimes you need those extra boosters, it’s certainly an advantage. Make sure to double check before making a move, look around your board to see if you can make a bomb, sometimes if I play to fast I miss it. Good luck 😉 
  • Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5
    edited January 2020
    Hello great @QueenMia and have a very sweet day.
    Huh? Someone needs my help? Really? Oh my...I'm really excited.

Hehe...Hello @Elliersm50 and welcome to our great community.
    Hm...I noticed that you have stuck alittle in this level.
    In that case, let me give you a hand and listen my own tips careful.

First of all, let's see in this level which characters we can use here.

The characters that you can use in level 438 are Tiffi, BubbleGum Troll and the recommended one is Odus.
    Hmm... Interesting choices of characters in that level.

Now let's take a look in the layout on this level.

Oh my goodness...Even though is a nornal Spread the Jam level, still the level is a little hard for three whole reasons:
    1) As you will notice in the centre of the panel, there is a color bomb and this color bomb has red jam on it. As you have to do with that spread the jam level, the objective is to spread the jam in whole panels on that level BUT...it will gonna be hard if you think that this color bomb is in the middle of the panel and there is no way to reach it with the classic way of matching it with candies.

2) To find a way also to remove those blockers and it has licorice swirls, licorice blocks and buttons. Oh my... 

3)But the worst part is that this level has only 25 moves. 25 moves for spreading the jam and removing all those blockers in your way...Now I get it why this level is so hard for you and it's so hard to get three stars on it.

Anyway, if you ask my own opinion, you will need a powerful character who can reach the color bomb in the middle of panel while also destroying and those blockers in your way and the perfect one for this kind of level is: BUBBLEGUM TROLL.
    Exactly! 

BubbleGum Troll's ability is to put explosive bubble blast candies on the board and those bubble blast candies has those three abilities:
    1) If you swap that bubble blast candy with a moving obstacle like a candy for example , it can go diagonally from each corner bouncing three times
    2) Also, it can bounces through Licorice swirls
    3)And it can bounces over gaps in the board.

And what all this means? And you can hit licorice swirls faster and it can bounces and reached that color bomb easier in level 438 so you can make fewer moves and reach three stars in no time.

And it order to understand it better, let me give you a simplier example on how to pass this level easily and reach the three stars with BubbleGum Troll:

Do you in the yellow circle a bubble blast candy? if you move it below in the purple candy (the one in the black circle), it will split up in 4 candies which one will gonna hit the orange fish and the licorice swirl with the red striped candy to it and the other one will gonna directly in color bomb (in the red circle) and kaboom...it will gonna spread the jam while hitting the candies next to the licorice swirls and buttons (which also hitting and those blockers next to those candies too) .

Also, as you notice, the black circles show where exactly the bubble blast candies of BubbleGum Troll should go in order to hit and color bomb and the blockers too. 

I know it's hard cause BubbleGum's Troll skill is unpredictable but it's an effective stragety if you need three stars in this level.

The other way is Odus from the other side who is the recommended character on this level.
    Odus' skill is to put 2 Striped Candy on the board and if you match those 2 striped candies together, a cross blast will appear, hitting the blockers but it can't always reach the color bomb and it hasn't much so much power like BGT's skill in order to destroy the blockers so you will gonna have hard time.

And about Tiffi in this level, this answer is NO! NO! Seriously, don't use Tiffi in this level.
    Tiffi's ability in this level is useless. Her fishes can hit random candies and not the color bomb which is the main target on this level while her fishes don't have any power to remove those blockers. So, nope.

That's all. The best character on this level is...BUBBLEGUM TROLL!
    And...I hope I helped you with my tips.
    If you have any other question, you can ask me.
    Well, have a nice day and good luck on getting three stars in this level.

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 143,102 Candy Moderator
    edited January 2020
    Hi@Elliersm50 

This level is not a difficult level, but we are hard to get 3 stars, I tried many times only to produce 2 stars.To get 3 stars requires a high score, You can see there is star space. and @Sofia1992 has explained how to play it, 

Some level can be challenging but with some patience and  clear strategy . Keep trying to get 3 Star.
  • Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5
    Thanks @kiara_wael.
    To be honest, I tried all my best to explain to this new buddy how to play it.
    This level requires stragety and what stragety if you want to get three stars to it.

P.S: Seriously, I think that expect from my title Game Expert, they should add also below and the title of analyser if you think that first analysed few of the characters in CCFS and now I analysed and a level.
    Wow! I'm full of surprises here in this community!
  • ninakeith
    ninakeith Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited January 2020
    😘 (Edit by CM: Off-topic)
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,373 Candy Moderator
    Thank you very much for the tag @QueenMia🤗

Hello and Hearty Welcome to our friendly King Community @Elliersm50, :)   

I too completely agree with @Foley1362, and @Nat09

Go back to the level when you have "Friendly Charged Boosters" in your hand and play!  Especially, the Coloring Candy and the Wrapped Candy combo.  They definitely make a difference in the increase of our scores! 

Also, like @Nat09, mentioned, make sure not to miss any combos!  If you see a chance to make Color Bombs and combine with a Wrapped Candy, just go for it... another big increase in the scores =) 

Keep having fun in the game(s)!  Have a great rest of the day/evening and a wonderful week!         
  • flew66
    flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5
    Hi, To get 3 stars is all about getting high score. In this case, the 3 stars threshold is probably around 70-80k mark. All the tips given here are great advice. I would like to add the following tip that I posted previously in a different thread. I think it is relevant here.
    I learn that there are two strategies to get very high score in CCFS. 1) Finish the level with unused moves. Each unused move will become a booster and each will earn thousands of points even before the booster is detonated. 2) Trigger a chained reaction - this is really the key to high score. Points are awarded exponentially in a chained reaction. Chained reaction could generate tens of thousands of points, in some rare case millions. Unfortunately it is sort of random as we have no control on how the different color candies are appearing on the board. Having multiple wrapped candies created on the board would help. Good luck!
  • Well I just managed 93000+ and only got two stars. That is most irksome.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?