🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Candy bomb freezes up

Coconutz
Coconutz Posts: 39 Level 2
Hi there,

I got an error in the game while playing the JellyQueen level. After I used a chocolate bomb in combination with the bomb candy, one of them froze. 

It was actually a move that I hoped to finally pass this level.

Do I need to update or does this happen more often?

Cheers,
E.

Best Answer

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 31,545 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓
    :D  :D  @Coconutz, Good Morning (or Good Evening) 🤗

Thank you for providing your ID very quickly!  Any luck with passing Jelly Queen level # 10 or have you not tried again? 

Instead of seeing them as double 13, add them (26) or divide them (1+3 & 1+3) and see!  I do not believe in bad luck but I do believe that everything happens for a reason =)   

I was mentioning.... our (yours and mine and all players') "Friends" game Community Manager :D  

I will get back to you as soon as they can find the glitch and update me!  Like you said before, it could be hard to reproduce that same glitch!!  

Have a wonderful day/evening!

Answers

• DoubleB423
    DoubleB423 Posts: 252 Level 4
    Hello @Coconutz

This happens to me sometimes as well!  No worries though, Usually to remedy that, force close the app, and clear cache/cookies - restart your device and it should be all good. :) 
    Hope I helped in some way! 
  • Coconutz
    Hi @DoubleB423,

I will try that, but I can't say for sure if that would have worked, because you need to reproduce that situation. :(

And as an old game designer, I do not have a test environment at hands to check that...  ;)

But we'll see! Thanks for the tip anyway.  B)
  • PummyRaj
    edited January 2020
    Hello @Coconuts, Hearty Welcome to our friendly King Community :) 

I am very sorry to hear about the issue in your game!!  Actually, the freezing issue is a well known one, when we have the "friendly charged boosters" in the game! The level becomes frozen and we cannot make any mores!  And sometimes, we just kicked out of the level!!

You know, the Coloring Candy and 2 pre-game boosters... those cause some levels to freeze!!  For this issue, the trouble-shooting step that was suggested by @DoubleB423, works! 

And, the Game Studio are aware of this issue and are looking into it for a fix, as it is affecting random levels and characters, but not all!!  

Game freezing with the combo of Color Bomb and a Coloring Candy (Coloring Bomb) -- I am hearing it for the first time!!  I will inform to the Friends game in-charge and ask them if they have any info or have heard other complaints about that!! 

Like you said (as you are an expert in this area), it is hard to reproduce if it is a onetime glitch!  But, if it happens for many players, I guess the Studio can look into it!  I guess you know about that too =) 

Thank you for posting in the Community!  I will get back to you if I know any info on this freezing issue!  

Keep having fun in your game(s)!  Have a wonderful rest of the week! 
  • Coconutz
    Hi @PummyRaj,

Thank you for your time and response!
    And thank you for the warm welcome  =)

Guess what, it just happened again, even after going through the steps @DoubleB423 mentioned, so apparently it does not work in all cases, which in this case, I can understand.

What makes it funny though, is that I got the opportunity to reproduce the move, in the same level (10 of JellyQueen).
    Device is a Galaxy s8 phone, android. 
    So I hope the team can fix it, because if the data/cache clearing isn't the solution, we need to find something else O.o
  • Coconutz
    Apparently the queen herself doesn't like it too  ;)

Now that is a funny coincidence, her pointing at the Color Bombed candy that has the flaw... 😁🙈
  • PummyRaj
    Hello @Coconutz, Thank you for replying back :+1: 

Just as suspected, the trouble shooters did not work with the issue!!  I am sorry to hear that you have experienced the glitch again!! 

Can you please post your game user ID number too?  This link will help you ---> Find My User ID so that I can escalate this issue and send your details to our Friends Community Manager? 

Talk to you soon!  Have a great rest of the day/evening!
  • DoubleB423
    DoubleB423 Posts: 252 Level 4
    Coconutz said:
    Hi @DoubleB423,

I will try that, but I can't say for sure if that would have worked, because you need to reproduce that situation. :(

And as an old game designer, I do not have a test environment at hands to check that...  ;)

Step 1. Replicate the issue.
    Step 2. Dive deep to find the source of the problem.
    Etc.

Just wondering @Coconutz did you do tech support for Amazon? Or  work for Teletech? 
  • Coconutz
    Coconutz said:
    Hi @DoubleB423,

Step 1. Replicate the issue.
    Step 2. Dive deep to find the source of the problem.
    Etc.

Just wondering @Coconutz did you do tech support for Amazon? Or  work for Teletech? 
    Hi @DoubleB423

No, I did not work for both of them, I'd worked at a Dutch company that created online casual games. B)
    An old colleague of mine did work at King for a while after we both left this Dutch company.
    So it was pretty funny to know he got the flavor of King. :p
  • Coconutz
    PummyRaj said:
    Hello @Coconutz, Thank you for replying back :+1: 

Just as suspected, the trouble shooters did not work with the issue!!  I am sorry to hear that you have experienced the glitch again!! 

Can you please post your game user ID number too?  This link will help you ---> Find My User ID so that I can escalate this issue and send your details to our Friends Community Manager? 

Talk to you soon!  Have a great rest of the day/evening!
    @PummyRaj
    You are welcome! 
    My game user ID is 1313696158
    ( O.o pretty silly starting with a double 13, talking about bad luck...:anguished: )

I hope your friends get some useful intel from it, to solve the issue.
    You have a great day too!
  • PummyRaj
    Answer ✓
    :D  :D  @Coconutz, Good Morning (or Good Evening) 🤗

Thank you for providing your ID very quickly!  Any luck with passing Jelly Queen level # 10 or have you not tried again? 

Instead of seeing them as double 13, add them (26) or divide them (1+3 & 1+3) and see!  I do not believe in bad luck but I do believe that everything happens for a reason =)   

I was mentioning.... our (yours and mine and all players') "Friends" game Community Manager :D  

I will get back to you as soon as they can find the glitch and update me!  Like you said before, it could be hard to reproduce that same glitch!!  

Have a wonderful day/evening!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?