🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Rare diseases awareness month

Comments

• BQN537
    BQN537 Posts: 25,062 Pro Player 👑

Hi @Elsa

I am also speechless, how do you cope with using your computer. Writing all those wonderful stories all day and night it must be very hard for you?

As for the Meckels as the doctors call it, no it’s not genetic I was too young to even ask just thankful that they got rid of the pain finally as I put it. Although I have asked a few doctors if it could be back and that’s the pain I’m having now but they don’t think so.

A big thank you for everything I am really touched 🐨🦓

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,681 Sweet Legend

Isn't it amazing how we all manage to survive but I feel for those of us who have severe pain.

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend

Since we are all survivors, how about a song that connects us all? 🤗 I just love Emeli and her lyrics ❤️

• Skye0Malley
    Skye0Malley Posts: 122 Level 3

@frenioz00 Thank you so much for calling my attention to this thread. Hello everyone I'm so humbled by your journeys that I thought I might have the courage to share mine. ❤

To make a very long story short in August I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I was 47 at the time and went on a diet and started working out like a nut. 2 months later I was passing out from blood loss, my Dr. Poo pooed it as stress and new meds but I just felt something was WRONG. Well boy was I right. Tons of tests and different doctors finally solved the mystery. Stage 2 Uterine Caner was what I was now facing, that was Oct 2, on Oct 22 I had a radical hysterectomy. It wasn't until the day before Christmas that the Oncologist called to say he got it all so no further treatment was needed at this time, BUT I have liver disease!!!! (What?!?) So to keep it short and sweet.... I need a drink and can't take a sip, would shank a teddy bear for a cookie at this point but no sugar. In the end I'm just BLESSED TO BE HERE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT ALL XOXO ❤😊 and so grateful to bws3 and ccfs for keeping my mind busy while my body and mind(lol) healed these past 6 months.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,681 Sweet Legend
  • Skye0Malley
    Skye0Malley Posts: 122 Level 3

I just reread my post... Please forgive my flippant words its 5am and I have an odd sence of humor it's what keeps me sane. The last few months has been a total nightmare for me and my family. If I offended anyone please I'm sorry.

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend

Hi @Skye0Malley You are more than welcome to share your story here. I don't think you said anything offensive. It's really awful what you went through but yet you are here and you are a survivor. @Elsa said in her post above that "God will never give you more than you can handle" and I firmly believe it's true. It's amazing that your mind and body is healing, as you can see you are not the only one who found their second home in this Community 🙏🏻❤️

• lulu13
    lulu13 Posts: 3,026 Level 5

Hi @Skye0Malley, What he said☝️🤗💕

• Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑

Thank you @Elsa, for your kind words, I also believe our path have crossed for a reason, the love and support I get from this community means so much to me. You my friend bring so much joy in our community it just wouldn’t be the same without you, 🥰🦓🐰

@firebombmarkus, love the song, I hadn’t heard it before but what a great song for this thread 😊👍🏻

@Skye0Malley, welcome, I’m very happy to meet you. I’m sorry for what you have to go through, it must be very difficult. I am glad you shared your story with us, it’s the reason I started this thread, to listen and support others in their journey. Stay strong my friend 🥰

• KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend

I just want to get on a plane and go give all of you hugs 🤗🤗🤗

Love my King family 🙏🏻🥰

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?