🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Candy Crush Friends Saga: New version update bug?

seekrissy
seekrissy Posts: 4 Newbie

(CandyCrushFriendsSaga) (9151186)

Hi!

Saturday, 2/8, I updated CC Friends Saga, as was suggested while playing, and now it won't open. I submitted a report /request for help, and received an automatic response:

"Close all the other apps running in background.

• Make sure that both the device and the Candy Crush Friends Saga app are up-to-date.

• Turn off your device, leave it off for at least 10 seconds, then turn it on again.

• Make sure you have a minimum of 2 GB of free space on your device."

I attempted to respond, but I'm not sure if Kings' support email is set up to receive responses.

My phone, iPhone 11 Max, is updated and has over 100 GBs available. I've turned it off several times, and waited the "10 second" rule. The game is still crashing when I attempt to start.

I think I'm nearing level 1000, and I've made some in-app purchases, so I don't want to lose all data.

Any idea on what to do?

Thank you,

K

Comments

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager

Hi @seekrissy and welcome to the Community!

This is the Pet Rescue Saga page so I'm gonna move your thread to the Candy Crush Friends instead.

Have a pawsome day 🐾

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,803 Candy Moderator
    edited February 2020

Hello @seekrissy and welcome to our friendly King Community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem. The good news is that the studio can help restore you to your current level and retrieve any purchases you have made if they accidentally get lost. Are you playing the game thru either King.com or Facebook? You want to make sure you do - because that is how the studio can go in and restore your levels if you somehow lose your progress.

However - I am going to forward your issue to the CM and hopefully she can provide some additional assistance for you.

• bearwithme

Hello @seekrissy . I heard back from the game CM and she said unfortunately you will have to re-install the game, but if at all possible if you can post a screenshot showing the boosters and gold bars you had - the studio and/or CM will add it back into your game once you re-install it. Of course you have mentioned it won't open - will it at least open to show what level you are on and the gold bars you have? I know you usually can't see what boosters you have until you are actually on a level. Please reply below and let me know and I will work with you and the CM to get this straightened out.

• seekrissy
    seekrissy Posts: 4 Newbie

Thank you @bearwithme!

Unfortunately, I can’t get the app to open at all. When I attempt to play the game, the screen flashes King’s orange loading screen, and then it immediately crashes.

I know I was above 980, and nearing level 1000. I had all the characters available, with the basic characters leveled up to the highest possible status. I didn’t have a ton of bars at the time the app crashed. I think I may have had 30 to 40? But I really don’t recall.

Thank you for your help!

• bearwithme

@seekrissy have you been playing via King.com or FB? Were the gold bars purchased? If you have been then they can restore you to your current level and get the gold bars for you too. What you will lose are your boosters. Are you playing on a mobile device or a PC? Do you know your user ID#? They will need that to restore your gold bars and levels.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?