🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Level Design Needs You! Tell us what you think about scrolling levels!

Mystra
Mystra Posts: 1 Kingster
edited February 2020 in Discussions

Hi everyone!

My name is Darasimi, but you can call me Daras! I’m a Technical Level Designer from the Candy Crush Friends Saga team over here in our London Studio.

You might remember that some time ago our team’s lead, John asked you some questions about the length of our levels to help us refine and improve the quality of the levels we make for you. 

We found your feedback super helpful and now we would love to hear from you again! We are always looking for ways to improve what we do, and your responses from last time proved to us once again just how passionate you are about our work.

This time we would like to hear what you have to say about the levels we make that scroll through multiple screens. 

• How do you feel about how long it takes to complete them?
    • Do you think they go on for too long compared to our standard, one screen levels or do you think they should go on for longer, or are they fine the way they are?
  • We typically don’t make a lot of scrolling levels per episode (usually one or two per twenty levels). How do you feel about that?
    • Would you like to see more per episode, or do you think have it right as it is?
  • How do you feel about the difficulty change as you go from screen to screen?
    • Would you prefer that the first screen was super easy and each screen afterwards get more difficult?
    • Would you prefer the opposite? Having a difficult first screen and have each next one get easier?
    • Would you prefer a mix of the two?

We can’t wait to hear what you have to say! Thanks for being awesome and see you all soon!

Comments

• AbhinavSargar
    AbhinavSargar Posts: 3,726 Level 5
    edited February 2020

Hi @Mystra

Congratulations on joining 'King' & especially 'Candy Crush Friends Saga' Team.

Congratulations on becoming 'Kingster'.

• About the first Question - It takes longer longer time as we move further.

• About the second Question - Yes, you should make a New world of 20 Levels with Night View on it.

• About the third Question - It takes 7 minutes while moving from level 1400 to level 301. So Candy Crush Friends Saga should have a window like we saw in Candy Crush Soda Saga where we can select the name of '20 Levels' World. Like -

•Lemonade Lake <----- Selecting This World Directly

•Bon Bon Beach

I hope this helps for Feedback on Difficulties while navigating through levels.

You all Kingsters are Awesome. We all love your Work.

Continue your Awesome Work & Keep Inspiring Us.

Have A Nice Day.

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend

Hi there, Darasimi 🤗 @Mystra and welcome to our adorable Community 😊 I am so happy to see that players' feedback is appreciated and helps you with further designing of the game.

Now, let's answer your questions :

How do you feel about how long it takes to complete them?

According to my experience, I am pretty much fine with the current length if the levels so I wouldn't change anything.

We typically don’t make a lot of scrolling levels per episode (usually one or two per twenty levels). How do you feel about that?

I am not quite a fan of scrolling levels and I enjoy more one screen straight forward levels where I am aware of the goal instantly. On the other hand, I understand that there are also the players who enjoy them and you have to design those levels too.

How do you feel about the difficulty change as you go from screen to screen?

Regarding the question about the difficulty of the first screen, I would prefer to see the first screen harder and the second one easier. The reason for it is that I am not able to see the second screen and sometimes it comes as a surprise to me when I see the second screen is even more difficult than the first one.

That's all from me so far. I hope this will be helpful. Thank you one more time for the opportunity to give the feedback 🙏🏻

• KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend

Thank you @Mystra for letting us provide feedback 💪🏻 Here are my answers

• I like the 2-3 screen levels but often don’t get to see the full preview of a level when I run into one of these so often I lose my beat it on the first try streak
    • We typically don’t make a lot of scrolling levels per episode (usually one or two per twenty levels). How do you feel about that? 
      • perfect as it now 💪🏻

• i would prefer a mix of the two for variety

• wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend

Hi @Mystra ! Thank you for being here and for allowing us the opportunity to provide feedback. I really appreciate it. I hope you have a wonderful day!

• How do you feel about how long it takes to complete them? There have only been a few that come to mind as being too long, meaning--they are not able to be completed without multiple attempts. I know there was one in the 1500s? with licorice blockers in multiple square formations on the second screen (licorice on the first too) and the last wasn't easy either. It felt too long. Otherwise I enjoy them sometimes. in fact, if the "scrolling issue on the map" were fixed so that we could replay older levels again, I have a few of these multiple screen levels that I like for completing quests for the simple reason they are so long.
    • Would you like to see more per episode, or do you think have it right as it is? Fine as is, thanks. 😊
    • Would you prefer the opposite? Having a difficult first screen and have each next one get easier? I would prefer this over a progressive difficulty and over a mix of the two. Generally, it's hard to know what to save for the end of you don't know more screens are coming. If you have 6 moves left, sometimes that is a lot for the last screen and sometimes it's never enough. Having an idea that the difficulty is going down makes it an easier decision on whether to use certain candies or boosters.

Thanks again!

♥️🐳

• Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5

Hi, @Mystra! I don’t think the scrolling levels need to go any longer, but probably not much shorter if it gets shorter at all. Probably only two or three scrolling levels per episode, and make the screens go from easier to harder.

• ShannaSkywolf
    ShannaSkywolf Posts: 714 Level 3

Hi @Mystra, and Hi @ Darasimi , it's a pleasure to meet you! Welcome to the Candy Crush Friends Family!!!

I appreciate you and King taking the time to ask us players what we think.

I am legally blind and only have some close up vision. The scrolling levels take me a few tries to complete due to my missing moves. I will typically miss a move if its a scrolling level, with the jelly squares with a red candies on top. All of the other colors stand out form the jelly squares but the red. Overall, I don't mind that it takes a few tries to pass the level as I like the challenge!

• Do you think they go on for too long compared to our standard, one screen levels or do you think they should go on for longer, or are they fine the way they are?

I think the scrolling levels are fine the way they are. It is fun to have a level or two within a world that has the scrolling level!

• Would you like to see more per episode, or do you think have it right as it is?

I like the fact that there are only one or two scrolling levels per world. It gives us players something different to work at.

• Would you prefer that the first screen was super easy and each screen afterwards get more difficult?

I know I can't speak for others players. but your question seems to match how the scrolling levels work out for me. Regardless of how the scrolling level is set up, it will prove to be difficult as it depends on the choice you make and the way the candies fall into the next tier of the level.

• Would you prefer the opposite? Having a difficult first screen and have each next one get easier?

Making the succeeding screens easier as you go along, i feel, would take the challenge out of the level.

• Would you prefer a mix of the two?

hmm, this question is interesting. Alternating the level tiers from challenging to easy, might be fun. Perhaps King could make a test level where players can try it out?

I like the fact that you only include one or two scrolling levels per episode. It is fun to have a challenge!

I am bit confused about whether this question is pertaining to only scrolling levels or travel within a certain world of the game. So I will answer for both.

I saw that @AbhinavSargar stated that, "It takes 7 minutes while moving from level 1400 to level 301. So Candy Crush Friends Saga should have a window like we saw in Candy Crush Soda Saga where we can select the name of '20 Levels' World." I really like their idea and I feel it be an asset to the Candy Crush Friends Saga game.

As for difficulty changes in scrolling levels and going from screen to screen, scrolling levels that move from left to right a lot is overwhelming for someone with a decreased visual field. I rather like the scrolling levels that drop straight down,, getting narrower, then becoming wider.

Again, it's a pleasure to meet you Darasimi, and @Mystra! I hope my answers help in some way! Thanks you and the rest of the CCFS Technical Level Designer team for all that you do! Have a wonderful day, Everyone!! 🐺💗

• 8657Lisa
    8657Lisa Posts: 4 Newbie

I like how it is at thw moment not sure what its going to be as you move along

• Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5

Hey Daras and welcome to our sweet community.

It's my honor to meet another one Level Designer from the team. Oh wow!

As a Game Expert that I am, I will gonna give you answers in your questions. So, let's get started with this:

• Do you think they go on for too long compared to our standard, one screen levels or do you think they should go on for longer, or are they fine the way they are?

Alright. According to my game experience, the levels with 2-3 screens are a bit hard and especially if you have few moves plus you can't review them and see the whole layout of those levels completely and that's so confusing so it will take more time to complete them than the original one screen levels.

• Would you like to see more per episode, or do you think have it right as it is?

About that, I love that every episode has 20 levels. Thanks to it, the progress of the game continues faster and faster so I think it's really fine as it is now.

• Would you prefer that the first screen was super easy and each screen afterwards get more difficult?
    • Would you prefer the opposite? Having a difficult first screen and have each next one get easier?
    • Would you prefer a mix of the two?

Nice question. Actually, I would a mix of the two because in those levels, it depends of the moves and if it has blockers on them so, a middle difficulty would be ok. Not so easy but not so hard too.

Oh and as my final answer since you ask and for scrolling levels from portal to portal, I think that in CCFS should add a list with all the levels and episodes just like in CCSS.

I think that it would be easier for the players to have a fast access though levels so yes, a list would be perfect for all of us.

That's all. I hope my answers helped you Daras and if you need more help, you can ask me and all my friends around in this community.

Thank you and as I said earlier, welcome you to our community again!~

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,679 Sweet Legend

Hi @Mystra!

They should definitely not be longer. Sometimes I don't even get to the last set because I have run out of moves. I would leave them as they are now.

We typically don’t make a lot of scrolling levels per episode (usually one or two per twenty levels). How do you feel about that?

Definitely don't add more. My preference is more for the one screen but I don't mind going to another screen.

I would prefer the first being more difficult and get easier as I move on. As I mentioned in my first response because of the difficulty I don't always make it to the last screen, unless I buy extra moves.

• Ashraf
    Ashraf Posts: 8,495 Sweet Legend

🥰 Hi..

Thank you for your work 🌹

and thank you for asking us 😁💕

• I think they go on for too long compared to our standard, one screen levels 

I dont like it to be too long.. 🤯

One is good 🤗😅

I would prefer that the first screen was super easy 🤓and each screen afterwards get more difficult🧐

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?