🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Let's celebrate World Compliment Day!

_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
edited February 2020 in Off-topic

Sunday, 1 March 2020 is World Compliment Day

It is a global initiative to create the "Most Positive Day in the World".

What makes World Compliment Day ‘better’ than events like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or Secretaries’ Day, is that there’s no commercial connotation – the only gifts you’re meant to give on this day are compliments, and they’re free.

World Compliment Day is billed as the most positive day in the world. It’s hard to argue, what with all those compliments being passed around. There is an art to it, though. A true compliment must be genuine, or the receiver will see through it. As importantly, the receiver must accept the compliment with a heartfelt “Thank you!”. It’s no good being self-effacing; you’ll wring all the positivity out of the situation, making for a dull Compliment Day. You can read more here.

According to William James, an American psychologist

“The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.”

It is this basic human need for recognition and appreciation that is the principle motivation behind Compliment Day. All that is asked of you is to identify something positive about every person you interact with on this day and compliment them on it – simple as that. You can read the rest of the article here. 

History of World Compliment Day

This creative day was originated by Hans Poortvliet, a recognition professional in the Netherlands. He started the initiative in the Netherlands and with the success of it, wondered if making it worldwide instead of national if there be “The Most Positive Day in The World”. These are lofty goals, but Mr. Poortvliet feels that if every person took the time to sincerely offer a compliment to three people in their life that we would be that closer to the goal. You can read more here

How to celebrate World Compliment Day

Choose one or more community members and offer them a compliment. Please make sure that what you are saying is sincere and heartfelt. Just let someone know that they have done a good job at whatever. You can also offer them a deeper compliment by telling them what an impact he/she has made in your life.

Comments

• Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5

Hey ho my awesome buddies....

Since this event is on Sunday (and on my birthday day too) and since it's based on compliments, I will tag some of you and...along with a very sweet compliment too (and those compliments that I will write down, I mean them with all my heart) . Thank you!

So, let's get started :

@firebombmarkus  ...I love all the positive energy that you have. If all the people have positive energy like you, then the world would be better and sadness would be gone away from our hearts.

@QueenMia ...The Queen in our hearts and in this community. Sweet, awesome and unique like a white rose in a field.

@Sukanta_Biswas , @mysticalmysty , @Chicken_Slayer , @wafercookieflippers and @Foley1362 ...the pillars of this community. All of them are smart and nice people and without them, community would be an empty place.

@RobinCorte , @lulu13, @Coconutz and @Jasmina ....So wonderful like flowers that are ready to bloom and show the treasure that they hide inside their hearts.

@PummyRaj , @Lim , @bearwithme, @BQN537 , @Crimson_Dawn and @gr33n3y3z .... Great and creative in their minds and kind in their hearts, all these one buddies are our shiny stars. Ready to guide us thought the darkness.

@flew66 ...A very nice and funny buddy, always ready to give us the best advice ever to all of us.

@Glenn1972 ...The King of Community Expert..The leader with a determination in his eyes, ready to give everything for all of us here.

@SeraphicStar ...Another shining star and a very nice kindhearted buddy....Keep on to make us smile everyday and night.

@Acv , @Mahiveche , @caambuj , @Simon888 , @Scooterpie and @Mattia_ .... The sunshines of our community. Nice players with a very friendly mood that will gonna welcome you with a big hug.

@Sharon_Loose , @frenioz00 and @Nat09 .... Special people with hearts full of love and life. They are our rainbow after the heavy rain.

@candycrushinit ...my sweet beloved buddy. Wonderful inside and outside and always ready to give help to the ones who need it. She is our heroine and who wouldn't have a very sweet and awesome buddy like her in our side?

@AbhinavSargar ...the journalist of this community. Great interviews from his creative mind. Oh yeah!

And @Elsa ....mother of superstars and to all of us too.Her sweet stories gave us inspiration to move on and makes our day better and better.

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator

Thank you very much for the sweet compliments @Sofia1992 . You are a bright shining light in our community - spreading kindness, warmth and friendship to all who are willing to receive it. Thank you for being such a joyful and giving member of this community.😊🐨

• AbhinavSargar
    AbhinavSargar Posts: 3,726 Level 5

Thanks for Tagging Us @Sofia1992

You are Very Kind and Helpful for the Candy Crush Friends Saga and King Community.

Have A Nice Day!!

• Sofia1992

Thanks @bearwithme and @AbhinavSargar for the sweet comments.

I forgot to mention before that you can tag and your other friends who want to give them a compliment too.

• candycrushinit
    candycrushinit Posts: 12,600 Level 5

Thank you so much for your nice compliment @Sofia1992

About you, you are the most kind-hearted friend I've ever known in the entire community. You make a great expert and always helping me out with anything. We do make a great team. We are creative, helpful, and intelligent beings who love to crush and had many things in common. I must thank you again for your excellent work and engagement in the community. Keep it up to reach Legend like me and much more! 😉 🌟

• lulu13
    lulu13 Posts: 3,026 Level 5
    edited February 2020

Dear @Sofia1992 Thank you for the lovely words you expressed about me being a flower ready to bloom!

I love it. 🥰

Just in case I forget!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🥳 for Sunday!

• lulu13
    lulu13 Posts: 3,026 Level 5

Dear @Elsa, thank you for bringing to my attention

World Compliment Day!

All I can say is “In a world where you can be anything, be kind!”

This king community rocks! That’s my compliment to all 🥳

• BQN537
    BQN537 Posts: 25,065 Pro Player 👑

Morning @Sofia1992

Thank you for your kind words

Birthday in March partner

• Sofia1992

Aww...~ Thank you so much for the compliments.

@BQN537 thank you for the birthday wish and @lulu13 of course, I see you as a flower which is ready to bloom. And I think all of us are flowers which are ready to bloom. Some of us bloom fast while some of us need some more time but in the end, all we bloom and become wonderful flowers.

And @candycrushinit , your words really touched me alot. I'm so glad that I'm part of this community and if I could, I would gave you a big hug now.

You are the kindest person that I have never had in my life and I'm so glad that we are best friends here.

You and me make a perfect team together. Both of us, are creative, kind and we love to help the others plus we have alot of common together.

Thank you so much for everything. I'm so happy that I'm not alone anymore cause I have you in my side now. ~

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,269 Pet Rescue Moderator

Aw thank you @Sofia1992 you are so sweet, thankyou for thinking of me too. I love reading your posts, you are so friendly to everyone!

I want to compliment one of our CMs, @QueenRaffie for her tireless patience, and fun and helpful posts both in the main community and in our sections. She is indeed the most sparkly witch of all!

And another @QueenB for her endless patience with putting up with my grumbling! They both make my game communities a better place 😊

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?