🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Level Design Needs You! Tell us what you think about scrolling levels!

Comments

• Sharon_Loose
    Sharon_Loose Posts: 1,900 Level 5

Hi Daras thank you for asking for our feedback,

I think the length of the multiple screen levels are fine as they are and I also think one to two per 20 levels is okay, I certainly wouldn’t want more. I would prefer the harder screen first and to get easier as you progress but a mixture is okay.

• flew66
    flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5

Hi Daras, Nice to meet you! Here's my feedback for your questions.

• How do you feel about how long it takes to complete them

I think the level with multiple screens or boards should be around 30-40 moves. Each screen would take about 10-15 moves to clear.

• Would you like to see more per episode, or do you think have it right as it is?

I don't mind seeing a few more multi-screens levels per episode. It is good to mix things up.

• Would you prefer that the first screen was super easy and each screen afterwards get more difficult?

I think it should be progressively difficult. However, each screen should still be challenging. Otherwise, it would feel like routines / work, and all we are doing is trying to get to the last screen to solve the puzzle.

• Would you prefer the opposite? Having a difficult first screen and have each next one get easier?

Not really. I think it should be progressively more difficult. For example, the last screen of level 2000 (the heart) is super easy and it is a bit anticlimax. I understand that it is done in purpose to promote the firework and it is ok.

• Would you prefer a mix of the two?

To be honest, I really don't mind as I need to learn the board to formulate a strategy to complete it. I typically count how many moves are optimal for each screen and trying to finish it within the number of moves. Using level 2000 as an example, I know I will be fine if there are 3 moves left coming into the last screen. It is all part of the strategy.

• We typically don’t make a lot of scrolling levels per episode (usually one or two per twenty levels). How do you feel about that?

I wouldn't mind to see a bit more of scrolling levels.

• How do you feel about the difficulty change as you go from screen to screen?

Like I mentioned earlier, I need to learn the pattern and formulate a strategy. It is all part of the fun in developing strategy to complete the level.

• BlazinL
    BlazinL Posts: 4 Newbie

I like scrolling levels. 3 or 4 every tier would be cool. I feel the difficulty is def harder on the last screen than previous ones but it's still fun. However my issue is only seeing the screens for a moment before I start. I'd like the option to see the next screens at any time during the level. (Maybe a button to toggle zoom?).... Or to go through the screens just like in the intro (after a 6 second idle?). Please consider it.Ty! 🍬💪

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,273 Candy Moderator

Hello Darasimi @Mystra 😍

First of all, Thank you very much for asking our opinion to improve the levels! It is very sweet of you and all the "Level Designer" team for spending your valuable time with us 🤗 🙏

Feedback about the levels that scroll through multiple screens:

1) How do you feel about how long it takes to complete them? Do you think they go on for too long compared to our standard, one screen levels or do you think they should go on for longer, or are they fine the way they are?

** I love when the long levels appear every now and then -- especially "the Octopus" levels. They are so much fun! Jam levels are also fun 👌

** But, I am not too fond of "Fill the Heart" levels with multiple screens! We have to scroll up and down again and again as only 1 heart gets filled at once!

** To answer your question -- they are just fine as they are. Please don't make them any longer!

2) We typically don’t make a lot of scrolling levels per episode (usually one or two per twenty levels). How do you feel about that?

** I like the number of longer levels as it is right now -- I feel 2 per episode are more than enough!

3) How do you feel about the difficulty change as you go from screen to screen?

** I feel the levels are fine as they are now.

4) Other Requests:

** Will it be possible to add more moves in these "multi-screen" levels? Most of the times, I loose the level just because shortage of the moves. So, a sweet way to add the moves would be "to insert the Chocolate Eggs";

** Will it be possible to keep the screen till all the special candies explode on each screen (just as how it happens in the end of the game)? Till now, it is possible only on the 3rd screen! Keeping each screen till the Special candies explode help us to gain more score!

Hope I have not confused you with my extra requests! Thank you once again for asking for our opinion! 🙏

• Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑

Hi Darasimi @Mystra, it’s very nice to meet you, welcome to the community, I’m happy to share my opinion to help you guys. 😊

1- I like having a different challenge once in a while. I think the length of them are fine as they are. I wouldn’t want them longer. I really enjoy the octopus, they are my favourite.

2- I think 2 per twenty levels is good, they are usually a bit more challenging, which I don’t mind, but I think it might discourage some that have a hard time with those levels if you added more.

3- I would like a mix of both. It would be fun to start with the hardest sometimes, you know, get the worst one out of the way, but I also enjoy the challenge of doing the hardest last, then I have to strategize and figure out how many lives should I keep for the last one.

4- Overall, I think it’s great the way it is, once in a while it’s different and challenging and I love it. I have one suggestion for when you do easy screen to hardest. Often by the time you get to the 3d screen you don’t have a lot of moves left, so maybe adding a bomb or combination, something that encourages you to keep going. You guys do such a wonderful job, keep it up, your friend Nat.

• candystripe
    candystripe Posts: 70 Level 3

I don't mind the scrolling levels, they're a nice change up from the norm. I would however, like the harder part to be first.

Sometimes it's frustrating to only have 5 moves left and still have to get through the hardest part of the level. Plus, my helping character goes into panic mode and I really don't want to cause them all that anxiety. 🤣

• Gourav01
    Gourav01 Posts: 73 Level 2

Hi @Mystra

Congratulations on joining 'King' & especially 'Candy Crush Friends Saga' Team.

Congratulations on becoming 'Kingster'.

• About the first Question - It takes longer longer time as we move further.

• About the second Question - Yes, you should make a New world of 20 Levels with Night View on it.

• About the third Question - It takes 7 minutes while moving from level 1400 to level 301. So Candy Crush Friends Saga should have a window like we saw in Candy Crush Soda Saga where we can select the name of '20 Levels' World. Like -

•Lemonade Lake <----- Selecting This World Directly

•Bon Bon Beach

I hope this helps for Feedback on Difficulties while navigating through levels.

You all Kingsters are Awesome. We all love your Work.

Continue your Awesome Work & Keep Inspiring Us.

Have A Nice Day.

February 27

edited February 27

Thanks Everyone For Being Part of the King Games, and it's Community. Your Contributions makes this Community a great place for Everyone.

Want Gold Bars on Your Favourite Games ?

Click Here to Participate and Win Gold Bars on Your Favourite Games !

Vote here by Clicking 'Up' to get different types of boosters, levels and Festival Updates to Candy Crush Friends Saga.

Enjoy !

• Acv
    Acv Posts: 650 Level 5

Hi @Mystra

To answer your questions,

Scrolling in an episode is fine and I feel 20 per episode is good. The problem is when you need to go to an earlier level to complete a contest. It can take a long time to get there and when you win the level you are moved back to your current level. I remember that a while back when we won a previous level, we were able to stay there to improve our score for the contest. Now we have to continually scroll back till we get a good score which can take forever. 

As for the progression of the difficulty levels on the episode. I think what you guys are doing is good. I like the mix of difficulty that we are given.  

• Wilesm98
    Wilesm98 Posts: 1 Newbie

I find the levels are made very well. I'm on 426 and I've just flown by them. Some I have been stuck on but no longer than 3 days. Great game.

• anncoff
    anncoff Posts: 2 Newbie

I would prefer super easy first the a little more difficult. But I'm not a fan of scrolling levels.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?