1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
๐Ÿ‘ฏโ€โ™€๏ธFind your Team HERE!

Help for Low Vision Players Section Addition

Options
ShannaSkywolf
ShannaSkywolf Posts: 714 Level 3
edited January 2021 in Ideas Archive

Hi King Community!

ย I am a fellow Candy Crush Friends Saga player who lives with a disability of legal blindness. Playing games like candy crush are vital for improving the functionally of my decreased visual field. ย As I have roamed the community boards, I have found that there are many players who have various vision issues. and play for similar reasons.

I would like to propose that a โ€œHelp for Low Vision Playersโ€ section be added as a permanent addition to the King community boards. ย The section would feature:

• ยทย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย A section on how to play king games with low vision.
  • ยทย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย A section on useful low vision aids and where to purchase them
  • ยทย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย A section on gaining assistance purchasing low vision aids
  • ยทย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย A section for low vision support where players can ask questions about low vision

Please review my attached example for the full version , the post would not let me copy paste all of it. I have added the photos for the sections below.

ยทย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  (Section 1:)

How to Play King Games with Low Vision

PC Players and Low vision:ย 

Are you struggling to see the game board on your PC? King has you covered! Gain the clarity you need by using a full screen magnifier! Windows 10 offers a free full screen magnifier that is perfect for all of your low vision needs!

(Full demo/instructions for Win. 10 can be added. I am just featuring the below pictures for voting purposes)

Without Magnification

With Magnification:

The full-screen magnifier also has a hovering lens option that is super awesome!ย 

Tablet and Phone Players and Low Vision:

Are you struggling to see the game board on your phone or tablet? King has you covered!

Gain visual clarity by using a CCTV/ Electronic Magnifier!

(Please be advised that King is not affiliated with Enhanced Vision or Samsung and their products and is only offering this information for supportive purposes only).

Without CCTV

With CCTV USE

ย 

ย 

The CCTV allows one to magnify any object and one can increase the size as needed by using the up and down buttons on the overhanging camera. Technology is awesome!!!

ยทย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย (Section 2)

Low Vision Aids and Where to Purchase Them:

Are you in need of some low vision aids? King has you covered! ย 

Magnifiers: https://www.maxiaids.com/magnifiers

CCTVS: https://www.maxiaids.com/search?q=CCTV

(Please see attachment for the full list)

ยทย ย ย ย ย ย ย  ย (Section 3)

Low Vision Aids and Assistance:

Are you interested in our featured low vision aids but find you need assistance in obtaining them? King has you covered.ย 

Division of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) which is now a part of The Workforce Commission and Health and Human Services can evaluate your needs as a low vision candidate and offer assistance in the purchase of low vision aids. You must set up an appointment and undergo and vision assessment in order to be considered as a consumer. This may take some time, but please know it is well worth it!

Info on Health and Human Services and low vision assistance:

https://hhs.texas.gov/laws-regulations/handbooks/ilssp/ilssp-appendices/appendix-j-vision-services

(Please see attachment for full list )

ยทย ย ย ย ย ย ย (Section 4 )

Low Vision Support

A place for low vision support where players can ask questions about low vision

King community, thank you for considering my proposal! Please comment, vote, and share this with your friends! ๐Ÿ’—

23 votes

Will implement ยท Last Updated

ยซ13

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,685 Sweet Legend
    Options

Voted! Thanks for posting this idea. I also have vision problems. I have no vision at all in my right eye and can barely make out light. The left eye has to compensate and I do wear reading glasses when playing the games. I notice only with CC Saga when I am playing on my phone that the level numbers are so tiny that I need a magnifying glass to see them. But I totally understand your need for extra help with vision problems.

In the past there were ideas posted for players who are color blind. I can't even begin to imagine what colors they are seeing and not seeing for the candies. There were a couple of links posted online to check out but one player came back to say that the links didn't help.

I remember working with the Commission of the Blind in my area and they gave me a huge magnifying thing to put over my computer monitor. They gave me a program too but it didn't work on my computer.

I think it's a wonderful idea if management could set up an area for Low Vision Support and I support you on that!

• ShannaSkywolf
    Options

Thanks so much @Elsa ! I greatly appreciate your vote and support! It is interesting to read about your eye condition and the troubles you have with seeing the level numbers on candy crush. I am glad to hear that glasses help you some. Yes, Dars is of great help! Through there program, I received the CCTV.

I hear what you are saying about programs not working. I had Zoomtext , which is a screen reader and full screen magnifier program.. it no longer works for windows 10.

Like you, I can only imagine the struggles of color blindness. If this proposal goes through, we could add a section on that. I am willing to keep up with the links and changing technology options! Thank you again for you vote and for your support! ๐Ÿ’œ

• gr33n3y3z
    gr33n3y3z Posts: 9,493 Level 5
    Options

I voted up, this is a great idea for the people that have vision difficulties.

• ShannaSkywolf
    Options

Thanks so much @Sharon_Loose and @gr33n3y3z ! I Greatly appreciate it! ๐Ÿ’— Have a fantastic Monday!!!!

• Glenn1972
    Glenn1972 Posts: 16,650 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Voted up

Thank you Shanna!!

• ShannaSkywolf
    Options

Thank you so much @Glenn1972 , I really appreciate it!

• lulu13
    lulu13 Posts: 3,026 Level 5
    Options

Voted up ........

• ShannaSkywolf
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thanks so much @lulu13 ! I appreciate you! ๐Ÿ’—

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi there @ShannaSkywolf I just voted for your idea. I know how much my dear friend @Elsa struggles with her vision, hence I voted without a second thought. Thank you for speaking up for yourself and others who have vision problems ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?