1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Queens of the Kingdom - Meet OddFish, Game Producer 🦸🏻‍♀️

QueenMia
QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
edited March 2020 in Discussions

🌟 No account yet? Register here in just 2 seconds! 💃

All great Saga needs all sort of Heroes 🦸‍♀️

As part of Women's day (on the 8th of March), Tiffi would like to take the opportunity to celebrate some of our strong and talented women at Candy Crush Friends 💪 This week, we'd like to introduce to @OddFish, Game Producer - We sat down with her, asked a dew questions and here is what she's told us.

Sit down, relax, enjoy the read and come back next week for more!

1 . What was your dream job as a child?

I wanted to be an interpreter and facilitate cross-country diplomatic negotiations and other important happenings. Translators and interpreters were considered super cool people in the former USSR (where I grew up), since foreign languages were a sacred knowledge not many people had access to.

2. What is your favorite game? 

Oh, that’s a tough one. If you just look at the sheer amount of hours played, it’ll be Heroes of Might and Magic 3 – this is the first game with which I pulled an all nighter and it will always have a special place in my heart. I also dearly love Monkey Island series and have been thoroughly enjoying Surviving Mars. Recently I have been playing mostly mobile games, Candy Crush Friends (of course) and Farm Heroes Saga being my favourite.

3. What do you like about your position?

Seeing how an idea grows from a small glimpse of someone’s creativity into an actual and tangible game feature, played and enjoyed by people around the world – this never gets old or boring, and I always get butterflies in my stomach when we hit the release button (by the way, watch this space, something sweet is coming to Friends soon). I also love going to forums to read what our players say about our game.

4. What are you challenges as women in the gaming industry?

I have been very fortunate with my managers, mentors and teams who supported me all the way and helped me to believe in myself, so I can’t really say that I’ve experienced serious obstacles related to my gender. I am trying to give back by supporting other women in gaming.

5. Any advice for the women out there wanting to join a gaming company?

Don’t be afraid, play games, show up, be curious, learn new skills – gaming industry is fluid, and the more knowledge of different aspects you have, the more valuable you are.

6. Do you have a motto? If yes, want to share it?

Ask more questions!

7. Who Inspires you and why?

One of my biggest inspiration has always been David Bowie – his kindness, wisdom, intelligence and hard work. Also, I look up to Douglas Adams, Pippi Longstocking and my fantastic teams at Friends - their talent, creativity and drive to always improve never seize to amaze me.

🍭 Well thanks so much for answering our questions, @OddFish! It's amazing to see your passion and inspiration. You truly are a source of inspiration yourself! 🌟

If you have any questions for her, please ask below 👇

Happy day everyone 🍒

More women's interview from King here!

We will post personal interviews with some of the Kingdom's Queens every Wednesday during the month of March, so that the Community is filled with their strength, their values and their girl power! Stay tuned!

Comments

• mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend

OMG... I love Pippi Longstocking @OddFish

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend

Hi @OddFish thanks for sharing with us. I want to tell you that you and your team are doing a super duper fantastic job with the game! I play all 4 candy crush games but your team keeps bringing the best things to your game, more so than the others. Kuddos! Although I find it difficult to clear the levels I still play the game 3 or 4 times every day with the hopes that "this time I will clear that level". The concept of playing with our characters is great! When you brought our Jelly Queen here that shows me how much you all care about the game and the characters. Someone in the community suggested that you bring Kimmy to the game next so please keep her in mind.

I also love the way that @QueenMia and your team work so well together to give us the best experience possible. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! 😍

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend

Hi @OddFish It's so great to see you here. Thanks for sharing a piece of your life with us. I am wondering which sweet surprise is coming to the game soon 🤔🤗 You are doing an amazing job, keep going!

• Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5

I loved getting to read a little bit about you, @OddFish! You told us something is coming to Friends soon, but you didn’t tell us what. You see, that makes me anticipate something really awesome (as these things usually are) and I’m a very impatient person. It’s not fair to know all the answers and leave others with the questions😂

• Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5

Oh boy..Is that @OddFish ?

Hey, I remember you. We talked to each other in the past when you first came here in this community.

Aww...~ To see you again makes me double happy. Please, you and your team keep up the good job and also, keep up to surprise us even more with those cool features in CCFS game ok?

Oh and @Elsa , me and a part of players suggested Kimmy for CCFS. I hope she appears too so the fun to become double than ever! Like Cream and Chocolate together!~ 😂

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 143,109 Candy Moderator

Thanks for sharing @OddFish ❤️

• Sharon_Loose
    Sharon_Loose Posts: 1,900 Level 5

Thank you @OddFish I can’t wait to see what this surprise is 😊

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?