🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Queen of the Kingdom - Meet Jessica, Senior Data Scientist for Candy Crush Friends 🦸🏻‍♀️

2»

Comments

• Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5

Hey @JessVDK , thanks alot for the quick answer. Aww..~ It's so great that we, the players of CCFS can help you with our way in this game. It's so touching to hear that can help all you to collect this data so to make this game better and better.

Oh @Elsa , I love your questions. If you think that I thought the same too now...wow...you just read my mind!~

• JessVDK
    JessVDK Posts: 3 Kingster

Thank you all for your sweet welcome, I'm glad to explain a bit more about what I do!

@candycrushinit I have read your story about how Nutcracker and Tiffi find love on their date, it was great! The part about Nutcracker fainting in his mashed potatoes and Tiffi helping him was very funny 😄

@bearwithme It is normal to not pass a level first time, we try to make the levels fun and challenging too! I get stuck on some levels, and the feeling when you finally win is amazing! We try to give players a good balance and variation between easy levels and harder levels, so the game doesn't get boring. There is no percentage rule, we try to decide per level what is a good difficulty 👍️

@Elsa Thank you for your questions, happy to answer them! We have a big database where all the data is stored, and I use a coding language called SQL to retrieve the data from that database. I then create graphs and tables in a program called R Studio. To your other question: yes, I could find that information. However, of course, all that data is anonymised, so the only way to identify a player is by knowing their unique User ID, which is just a bunch of numbers. I once made a little quiz for the game development team, they had to guess who was on the highest level in Candy Crush Friends and what their favourite characters were! It was a lot of fun 🎉

• candycrushinit
    candycrushinit Posts: 12,600 Level 5

I'm glad you liked my story @JessVDK 😊 Thank you for sharing your positive feedback

@Elsa I don't really know which character I use the most, maybe it's either Yeti, Tiffi, or Misty. And yes, I would really like to know how they determine the recommended characters for some levels, whether it's by game mode or how useful their powers are for that level. Let's hear it! 🎤

• Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑

Hi @JessVDK, it’s very nice to meet you. I can’t imagine how much data you must go through during a day 😰It’s too bad there isn’t more female in the gaming business but it’s nice that the upcoming generation at least have some role models like yourself. Take care, Stay safe 😊🐰

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend

Hi @JessVDK I know what SQL is. I've never used the program but I have tried other coding programs. Do you work with a certain number in mind in order for the level developers to change a level?

You wrote:

"When we haven't seen players in the game for a while, we look at what was the last thing they've done in the game before they left. That might give us some indication of why they don't like the game anymore!"

Can you give us an idea of what you are looking at? Are you looking at the game mode, the character used? What kind of information can help you determine why the player might have given up the game?

I don't want to load you with too many questions at once, so let's see if you can help me with the above.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend

@candycrushinit my favorite characters are Yeti and Misty followed by Nutcracker. Dachs never helps me much nor does Tiffi. I'm disappointed in our Jelly Queen because I don't win that often with her. I love Nutcracker breaking through the caramel at the bottom. I love Yeti for throwing the wrapped candies and Misty can always throw whatever she wants because she's the smartest! I played a couple of levels with her today and she knew exactly where to put the orange wrapped candy and then the orange striped candies. Yeti sometimes throws the wrapped candy at the top and I think "Yeti I love your Wow sound but why up on top when I need it on the bottom?"

• Sofia1992

Hey @Elsa .

My top favorite as you know is Nutcracker who I love him and love to use him so badly in 'Dunk the Cookie' and 'Spread the Jam' Levels. Now about Mr.Yeti's skill is that although is powerful, it can be unpredictable sometimes. Although he throws his wrapped candy in special candies, sometimes he might throws it in the top panel of a level.

Misty yep...I love how she creates every candy with her powerful magic power. Dachs helps me sometimes in 'Dunk the Cookie' Levels (when Nutcracker is not available) and Jelly Queen in 'Spread the Jam' Levels.

Especially in levels 700-755 (actually, I'm in level 755 now) , I see mostly Jelly Queen, Olivia and Mr.Yeti and also, I noticed that after level 700, pound cakes are available in almost every level and as the result, I don't see Nutcracker very often (from level 700-755, I saw Nutcracker in three levels only (levels 704, 710 and 739) and as I continued my progress more and more, I was like 'Come on. Can't Nutcracker appear alittle more please? I want so badly to play more levels with him'.

The more I play, the more I miss him. Why can't I use him more and more? In recent 'Dunk the Cookie' Levels and 'Spread the Jam' Levels, I see mostly Jelly Queen, Mr.Yeti, BubbleGum Troll, Dachs and Misty (and Tiffi sometimes) . Nutcracker from the other side, nope! And that's sad.

• candycrushinit
    candycrushinit Posts: 12,600 Level 5

@Elsa Of course my favorite character is Nutcracker followed by Misty and Olivia. I love Nutcracker so much because he saved me so many times in Dunk the Cookies and Spread the Jam levels. I'm like his damsel in distress everyday! He always breaks the caramel just below the cookies and whatever that is left on the board. Plus, he's cute. You know that already. And for Misty, oh god do I need those special candies right next to each other to pull off a crazy combo and eventually win. So does Olivia with her powerful skill, freeing many octopi as I can.

• Sofia1992

Oh @Elsa .

How much I will gonna agree with my best friend @candycrushinit .

I love Nutcracker alot too. That sweet, cutie and very charming toy soldier seriously stole my heart from the first day that I've got him in CCFS.

I really enjoy when he appears in 'Spread the Jam' and 'Dunk the Cookie' Levels . Seriously, not only his outfits are so fabulous but he is also and a life-saver in those levels. Aww...~ I just adore him alot.

My 2nd favorite character is Misty . I love how she creates many different candies in the panel of those levels and my 3rd one is...well, I'm between Olivia and Jelly Queen cause their skills are unique and very special in the game.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?