🏆 Want some extra help? Check our CCFS Level Designers Tips here !
🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Candy Crush Friends Saga Easy Guides - Top 5 Tips for beginners

Sofia1992
Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5
edited March 2020 in Level Designers Tips

Hello! Welcome to the new series of the special guides from the Game Expert of your heart Sofia.

Those guides are for CCFS and they will help all the players to make a good progress in the game. Many players have alot of questions everyday and the biggest one is 'How can I become good in CCFS' or even they are asking for tips.

👉 Need more help? Check out these guides:

. All about the Blockers

. All about Candies and Special Combos

. Tips to play Heart Levels

. Tips to pass Animals Levels

. Candy Crush Friends Saga Easy Guides - The boosters

. Cookie Levels - Goal , General Strategy & trivia

. Jam Levels - Goal, General Strategy & trivia

. Octopus Level - Goal, General Strategy & trivia

. (General Strategy) - Player's guide to master Animal, Octopus, Cookie, Heart and Jam Levels

Top 5 Beginners Tips 👇

Don't worry. As Game Expert and player of CCFS, let me give you five special tips.

1) Focus on the Objective

Every level has an objective.

Candy Crush Friends Saga only gives you a certain number of matches to clear each level, and the less moves you make, the higher your score. Having moves left over is the best way to rack up a score high enough to earn three stars.

However, your actual objective in each level can be different, and it’s important to keep it in mind. Here are a few you’ll encounter along the way:

• Free the Octopuses – We still think it should be octopi, but whatevs. The eight-armed sea creatures are stuck under the board, sometimes under multiple levels of obstructions, and you’ve got to make matches next to them to set them free.
  • Find the Animals – A number of animals are buried under ice tiles, which you can crack by making matches on top of them.
  • Spread the Jam – Cover as many squares of the playing field as possible with delicious jam, which you can pretend is any flavor you want.
  • Dunk the Cookies – Make matches that move the cookies around until they fall into the chocolate below the board.
  • Collect the Hearts – Fill the heart-shaped box molds until you have enough hearts to pass the level.

2) Choose the right character

At the start of any level, you can choose between three different Friends. Friends are unlocked by collecting their stickers as you pass levels.

Each Friend is assigned a favorite candy, and has its own powers. Powers are activated by filling up the Friend’s meter by collecting his favorite candy on the board.

Choosing the right friend for the right mission is vital in solving levels. In fact, you should remember this golden rule first. Don’t always go by the Recommended Friend. You need to be judicious and select someone that best suits your playing style and the level’s objective.

These are all the Friends you can unlock:

Tiffi: Collect 10 red candies and Tiffi will turn three random red candies into red Fish Candies.

Yeti: Collect 12 cyan candies and Yeti will turn one random cyan candy into a cyan Wrapped Candy.

Nutcracker: Collect 10 blue candies and Nutcracker will break five blockers in a line.

Odus: Collect 8 purple candies and Odus will turn two random purple candies into purple Striped Candies.

Red Rabbit: Collect 10 red candies and Red Rabbit will do extra damage to mint blockers.

Misty: Collect 10 orange candies and Misty will turn two random orange candies into any type of special candy.

Dachs: Collect 10 green candies and Dachs will remove three vertical blockers.

Olivia: Collect 10 purple candies and Olivia will hit four random gummy squares.

BubbleGum Troll: Collect 12 Yellow Candy = Farts/spits 2 explosive Bubble Blast Candies onto the board

Rachel: Move: Collect 12 Green Candy and Rachel will squirt 1 Rainbow Candy randomly replacing a green candy currently on the board

Jelly Queen: Collect 20 Orange Candy = Creates a cross blast which spreads Jam and Damages Blockers

3)Save your boosters

When you're playing Candy Crush Friends Saga, you can earn and collect special boosters to use during the game. While they can be helpful when you get stuck, try to hold onto them until you're sure they'll make the difference between winning and losing. The last thing you want is to use a lollipop hammer or two and still end up losing.

You can get boosters from completing daily quests, special events or you can find them in some levels.

4) Make special combos

Everyone who's played Candy Crush knows about the special candies you can create through matching, but it's important to remember how to create each one so you know what to expect in the heat of the moment.

Special candies can be even more powerful together. Setting off one special candy in the path of another does lots of damage, but when you match them, things get really crazy. And it's far easier to match special candies, because you need only two to do it, and the color doesn't really matter.

For more info about candy combos, check @Ashraf ' s guide here.

5) Don't forget about Sugar Rush!

Since you're currently hooked on Candy Crush Friends Saga, it's safe to say you might be a bit of a perfectionist.

Remember the importance of the Sugar Crush. At the end of each level, you will receive bonuses based on how many moves you have left and how many special candies remain on the game board. It's a good idea to finish in as few moves as possible and to leave as many special candies alone as you can bear. You'll still get credit for their creation, and the Candy Crush bonus could help you move from one star all the way to three. Just concentrate on fulfilling your objective: The game will give you credit where it's due.

Comments

• Sofia1992

I want to tag all my best friends too.

Hey everyone, if you have any tips to give to the new players of CCFS, please write them below in comment section. Thank you.~

Also, don't forget to write down your opinion about that new series of my special guides.

@lulu13 , @Jasmina , @firebombmarkus , @Acv , @Mahiveche , @Elsa , @Sukanta_Biswas , @caambuj , @Sharon_Loose , @Simon888 , @Scooterpie , @RobinCorte , @Mattia_ , @Glenn1972 , @Foley1362 , @mysticalmysty , @Nat09 , @bearwithme , @Crimson_Dawn , @wafercookieflippers , @Chicken_Slayer , @BQN537 , @gr33n3y3z , @PummyRaj , @flew66 , @AbhinavSargar , @QueenMia@Lim@candycrushinit  and @Coconutz.

• flew66
    flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5

@Sofia1992 Very well done my friend! Hats off to you 😊

• Sofia1992

Thanks @flew66 .

To be honest, I decided to create that series of guides so to help new players who just started to play CCFS.

I noticed that many and many players need more and more help and have many questions about this game.

So, it's time to share our knowledge with them.

After we learned many things as we played CCFS all this time and gained alot of experience and gathered so much info, I think that it's time to share all our knowledge with everyone.

Knowledge is power after all and our job as Game Experts is to help everyone on this community.

Everyone deserve the best!

• candycrushinit
    candycrushinit Posts: 12,600 Level 5

Oh my...I never expected you to create such a perfect little guide for us. That was amazing my friend @Sofia1992. Bravo! 👏

• flew66
    flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5
    edited March 2020

Riding on @Sofia1992 's coattail, I want to add the following point in selecting your friend. You should also consider the layout of the board in selecting the friend who will be most effective for the particular level. I would say 9 out of 10 times, the default friend (The one pre-selected in the middle of the three friends) will be fine. However, a particular friend may be more effective due to certain characteristics or layout of the board.

Pros / Cons of the Friends (Please read in conjunction with @Sofia1992 's notes above)

Tiffi: Pros: Fish can attack hard to reach blocks such as the corner areas so it is useful for boards that are segregated or separated by empty spaces. / Cons: Fish attack only applies one strike per attack so it is not very powerful. Also, in Spread the Jam level, a fish with jam will always try to fill the empty block instead of attacking the blockers.

Yeti: Pros: It is very predictable where Yeti will send the wrapped candy. Yeti would place the wrapped candy next to a special candy that helps to make combo, 9 out of 10 times. / Cons: Wrapped candy would destroy blockers in close proximity only. It is not useful for stacks of blockers or hard to reach spots.

Nutcracker: Pros: Very effective in breaking blockers. / Cons: Attacks are random so it may not target the area most needed.

Odus: Pros: Relatively lower count of candies to activate the power and you get two stripped candies. Also, placement of the stripped candies are also quite predictable. For example, it would often convert a purple candy adjacent to a color bomb into stripped candy. Stripped candy attack is also far reaching. Good for attack stacks of blockers. / Cons: Not much, just not as powerful as others but still a good all-rounder.

Red Rabbit: Pros / Cons are similar to Nutcracker but Red Rabbit is effective for a different type of blockers. Some players may say the Red Rabbit is not very effective, but I find that Red Rabbit is surprisingly a good alternate friend to use if there are stackers of blockers on the board. Red Rabbit helps me to complete some difficult board which he is not the default.

Misty: Pros: You can get some wonderful special candy such as color bomb or coloring candy, however, it is all random. / Cons: Again, the special candies you get from Misty are random so the result may vary.

Dachs: Pros: Great for Dunk the Cookies level. All the attack are targeted below the cookies. / Cons: Not as effective for other levels.

Olivia: Pros: Great for Free the Octopuses level. Olivia applies two targeted strikes to each octopus. / Cons: It actually takes 12 purple candies (it was changed after an update a few months ago) to activate her power now so it takes a little longer to get enough candies.

BubbleGum Troll: Pros: The BGT can attack hard to reach spots and is powerful in destroying blockers. / Cons: Bubblegum placement is random. They may be put on the wrong side of the board. Also, it is important to understand the diagonal movement of the bubblegum to plan the attack.

Rachel: Pros: Rachel can replicate special candy such as color bomb. / Cons: Her power is a bit hard to learn and it takes practice. Also, the random placement of Rainbow candy make it hard to create the desired replication of special candies.

Jelly Queen: Pros: JQ has the most powerful attack among all the friends. It would be great if you have a timed coloring candy booster activated as the JQ will be charged and ready to attack from the start. / Cons: It takes a long time to get enough candies to charge her up. So you may only get a few attacks from the JQ in a level.

Good luck with your game!

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,681 Sweet Legend

It looks like you guys have covered it all!

• Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑

Great info @Sofia1992, that will definitely come in handy for our new CCF players. It will help them pick the right characters, which isn’t always the one recommended. Well done 😊🐰

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator

Awesome job @Sofia1992 and @flew66!

I have a few additional tips to add:

1. Jam levels: there are two different kinds - red (regular kind) and purple (which I have heard referred to as space jam). On a jam level you need to locate where the jam is on the board as soon as possible and then make a match with the Candy/candies that is in the jam to spread it. You may have potential Candy combos available and using them can help open the board and destroy blockers but it is sometimes better to just make a few matches and spread the jam so it includes one of the special candies so when you make the combo it also spreads the jam. A color bomb or/coloring candy and fish combo is especially effective because wherever the fish go (as long as one of the candies in the combo was in the jam already) they will spread the jam. It can also be effective having a color bomb and a Candy combo, if there are a lot of the same color candies on the board not in the jam (and again at least one of the two candies in the combo need to be in the jam to start with). Red jam spreads where you place it and you spread it by making matches and combos. Purple jam is different. You still need to make matches in the purple jam, but once the match is made the jam will slip to the lowest part of the board that isn’t blocked (it will even slip underneath licorice) and build from the bottom up. So even if you initially have the upper part of a board filled with purple jam, once you open up the lower portion of the board the jam will slide to the bottom, so you will have areas at the very top of the board that no longer are covered in jam, so you need to watch for this and don’t forget to cover it with jam.
    2. Creating and using fish: You create fish by making a square of 4 candies of the same color. You can also make fish matching 5 candies in a group together. Once you have made a fish you activate it by making a match with it. If you have two fish next to each other ( they don’t have to be the same color); when you match them together they spawn three fish. What the fish hit varies depending on the type of level. In fill the heart levels they will go after the individual hearts, moving them closer to their box. In a dunk the cookies level the fish will go after the Candy/ blocker directly under a cookie to help move the cookie closer to the chocolate. As mentioned above, in a jam level the fish will look for open spots not covered in jam and deposit jam there (as long as the fish were activated while they were in the jam.) In a free the octopus level the fish will usually go after the jelly that have an octopus trapped inside. I hope you find this information useful. I have explained about creating and using fish in case the new CCF players are used to playing Candy Crush Saga where you don’t actually make fish (the closest is by hitting a fishing bob which can release a fish).
  • Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 150,460 Diamond Diaries Moderator

Wow! These guides are really helpful! Thanks for your writing these guides! Awesome! @Sofia1992 👍

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?