🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Did you know?

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend

Today is St. Patrick’s Day. For those of you who celebrate, enjoy the day! If any of you haven’t seen my St. Patrick’s Day story, you can find it here

Below please find some riddles for this holiday.

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 150,547 Diamond Diaries Moderator

💡 Did you know? 💡

🍀 Facts about Happy St. Patrick's Day 🍀

• _Elsa_

Did you know that today is “Let’s laugh day”? Studies have suggested that laughter can help people relax and reduce stress. Laughing and being joyful can also have health and social benefits. With this pandemic going on all over the world, I think we might need some laughter in our lives so let's share some jokes, memes, riddles, etc.

Many Health Benefits

Medical studies have shown a few minutes of laughter can reduce blood pressure, increase immunity response of the body, and boost heart rate. Watching or reading something humorous before sleep can also help people sleep better and longer.

Laughing can even burn calories. Research has shown that 10-15 minutes of laughing can burn up to 50 calories.

Friendly People

People who laugh often are seen by their peers as happy and friendly. As a result, they tend to have more friends and are easily accepted as a part of different social groups.

How to Celebrate?

Here are some ways you can celebrate this happy “howl”iday:

Laugh out loud for a few minutes.

Spend some time reading jokes and funny stories.

Watch a funny movie.

Attend a stand-up comedy show.

Did You Know…

…that children laugh more than adults? An average toddler laughs about 400 times a day, while an average adult tends to laugh about 15-20 times a day.

All of the above came from here

This came from here but please feel free to ad your own memes.

What is the best thing to do when you have a hole in a boat and water is leaking inside? Make another hole to drain the water. - coolfunnyquotes.com 

Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you. - coolfunnyquotes.com 

No, no, I'm listening, it just takes me some time to process so much stupidity all at once. - coolfunnyquotes.com 

George Carlin on Germs

• _Elsa_

History of National Puppy Day

Founder, Colleen Paige’s mission is to help galvanize the public to recognize the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year. It’s also an excellent opportunity to show off your dog’s supermodel side and give them some extra cuddles for all the joy they bring. So sit back and indulge in the endless stream of adorable puppy photos, but keep in mind that today might be the best excuse to bring home your own fluffy canine as your next best friend!

Colleen Paige first brought adoption awareness to a national level with National Dog Day in 2004, which was later adopted by the New York State Legislature in 2013. This day is celebrated on August 26 and is the day Colleen adopted her first dog, “Sheltie” when she was 10 years old. Since then, Colleen has inspired millions with her compassion and has brought worldwide attention to animals in need. She has shone a light on dogs putting their lives on the line every day for personal protection, for law enforcement, for the disabled, for our freedom, and for our safety. 

The above info came from here

If you have puppies please share your pictures with us here.

• Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5

Ooh, I love puppy photos, @Elsa! I just don’t like it when they shed.

• _Elsa_

How is your puppy doing? How about sharing a picture here?

• Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑

Hi @Elsa, sorry, I have no puppies to share with you, my dog is 8 years old. I would share bunny pictures if there’s a bunny day 😁🐰.

I do have some fun facts about maple syrup since it’s the season for making it.

Did you know that Canada produce approximately 12.2 million gallons of syrup per season and it accounts for 71% of the world production and of that, 92% comes from Québec. The value for maple products, including sugar, butter, candy and syrup, is 487$ million.

It takes 30-45 L of sap ( which looks like water when it comes out of trees) to make 1 L of syrup. It is collected in spring from red and black maple trees when it starts getting warmer and still remain cold at night. The sap is then boiled down to different degrees for different products. To be recognized as “real syrup “ it must come from sap and must be 66% sugar. Maple syrup, in Québec, is controlled by Federation of Québec Maple Syrup Producers( FQMSP). They manage supply, which can change from year to year depending upon the weather, changing the price of syrup. All syrup flows through two warehouses: one in Laurierville and the other in Saint-Louis-De-Blandford.

GREAT CANADIAN MAPLE SYRUP HEIST

Yes, you heard it right. The most valuable in Canadian history, worth 18.7$ million. In 2011-12, roughly 122,000 barrels, 3000 tons of syrup, were stolen within a few months at Saint-Louis-De-Blandford. Barrels were being siphoned and, in fall, they discovered the empty barrels at the annual inventory and 3 employees were arrested and convicted.

• _Elsa_

Thanks for sharing these facts!

• _Elsa_

March 27th is the annual observance of National Spanish Paella Day. A rice dish from Spain, paella has become very popular and is known around the world. It originated in its modern form in the mid-19th century in Valencia, on the east coast of Spain.

At lunchtime, workers in the fields would make the rice dish in a flat pan over a fire. They mixed in whatever they could find – such as rabbits, snails, and vegetables. Later, for special occasions, chicken was added. Paella has spread to every region of Spain, as well as worldwide, using almost any type of ingredient that goes well with rice.

There are many versions of recipes of paella. Key ingredients are saffron and olive oil. Saffron is an essential spice that also turns the rice a beautiful golden color. (Info here)

• kataldav1
    kataldav1 Posts: 18 Level 2

Good Morning All,

Why is Candy Crush so addictive?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?