🏆 Want some extra help? Check our CCFS Level Designers Tips here !
🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Guide about Hazelnut Crunch Blockers (and its event too)

Options
Sofia1992
Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5

Hello everyone. Time for another new guide and tips with me, Sofia1992.

As Game Expert that I am, I tried the new event which is called:

Yep! That event and those are the new blockers that I decide to analyze this time and they called Hazelnut Crunch Blockers.

Ok....Before to start and talk about those new Blockers, first let's start how and when those Blockers had been announced for first time in CCFS.

Back in March 2020 (actually in March 2 and after my birthday), the great CM @QueenMia announced us the arrival of new blockers in CCFS and showed us how they looked alike. But she asked our help (and the help from all the players here) to find a good name for those blockers (see that contest here) . After, the contest ended, the winner was @debrichmond with the name 'Hazelnut Crunch Blockers' (EXACTLY! It's the perfect name to describe those blockers. Those blockers are so tasty and crunchy with Hazelnuts in the middle of them. Mmm...I want to eat them so much.)

Anyway, after two months, in June 1 2020, the new Hazelnut Crunch Event appeared and introduced us the Hazelnut Crunch Blockers in CCFS for first time.

Many of us tried that event including and me too and I found some great info to share with you all. So, let's dive in this Chocolate Heaven and discover the secrets of that tasty, new blocker!

1) Hazelnut Crunch Blockers are also called and "Linked Blockers".

What exactly that means? I will tell you. According to the level designer Joshua (which he had an Hangout Q&A few days ago), he called those new blockers, 'Linked Blockers' because All on the board of a set are tied together so hitting 1 removes a layer from all of that set and don't forget to mention that there are different flavors/sets which are different colors. According to Joshua, if you make a match next to those new Hazelnut Crunch Blockers, or hitting them with a Special Candy any Hazelnut Crunch of the same colour will take damage.

2) Hazelnut Crunch blockers are stationary and do not drop when candy is remove beneath them.

Just like caramel blockers, carrot cake blockers etc, those new blockers stay in the same position.

3) They can be up to 11 layers.

Exactly! If you see the pic above and count the layers, there are 11 in total. Yes, you heard right and that makes Hazelnut blockers to be difficult to get destroyed and with fewer moves too.

4)Hearts do pass through them 1 at a time and hit the rest of the set for 1 layer.

5)And we see them for first time in level 2941 and as you will see and from video below. (Btw, did you noticed that level 2941 in CCFS is the same with the 1rst level of Hazelnut Crunch Event?)

And after covering those details for Hazelnut Crunch Blockers, it's time to see and how much our characters' skills are effective against those blockers.

Effective characters against Hazelnut Crunch Blockers:

Bubblegum Troll and his Bubble Blast skill and Mr.Yeti too.

BGT's skill can bounce along Hazelnut Crunch blockers hitting them several times and the same goes and for Mr.Yeti and his explonsive candies too.

Rachel's Rainbow Candy can go through the Hazelnut crunch.

Dachs' skill can hit Hazelnut Crunch Blockers with the same way that he hits other Blockers too.

Mid-Neutral effective characters against Hazelnut Crunch Blockers:

Nutcracker's skill deals only 1x damage in those blockers.

Misty, depends the candies that she will create with her magic.

No effective characters against Hazelnut Crunch Blockers:

Odus and Jelly Queen have trouble time.

According to the level designers, striped candies CAN NOT pass through them so since Odus has two purple striped candies' skill while Jelly Queen has her Cross Blast ability, then their skills don't work in those levels.

The same goes and for Tiffi with her Jelly fishes too because her Jelly fishes don't hit Hazelnut Crunch Blockers (her Jelly Fishes are focus on candies actually.)

Also, Olivia is not very usefull because she is focus on freeing those octopus.

And Red Rabbit is very focus on hitting only the ice blockers!

Now everyone will gonna wonder how to make mid-neutral effective characters and no effective characters useful and powerful enough against those new Hazelnut Crunch Blockers?

Easy! With two methods!

1) Make combos of candies next to Hazelnut Crunch Blockers BUT...always keep the mind the goal and the moves that you have left in a level.

Also, keep in mind that all special candies are useful against those new blockers, except from Striped Candies since striped candies are the only ones that can't pass through them so they can't deal any damage to those new blockers.

2)Use Time-Boosters and trust me...that advice from my friend @AbhinavSargar saved me many times.

That's all I have to say. I hope to find this guide very useful.

Thank you and have a very sweet Summer all the way!~

Comments

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?