🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

What do people Celebrate?

Options
BQN537
BQN537 Posts: 25,072 Pro Player 👑
edited November 2019 in Off-topic
I know that Halloween is a real big part of the world but I was thinking maybe ask people what they or their country celebrates the most something like that 🌈💥

Comments

• hechicerilla
    hechicerilla Posts: 10,353 Legend
    Options

Hello @BQN537

Too bad, you wrote this 8 months ago and no one has commented I would love to read other people here explaining the celebrations of their towns. Here in Spain in recent years, the American-style celebration of Halloween has proliferated, children dress up and do tricks or treats. But the traditional celebration of a lifetime is La Castañada and Noche de Difuntos. On October 31, families and friends gather, roast chestnuts and sweet potatoes, prepare homemade sweets (the traditional ones are called Panellets) and eat it all accompanied by sweet wine, muscat or similar The next day, November 1, we visited the deceased in cemeteries, we brought them flowers

• hechicerilla
    Options

This is the Panellets

• hechicerilla
    Options

We also have the role of La Castañera, who are people who roast chestnuts in mobile stands. In my opinion it is the best. Those hawker stalls, with their little bonfire mmmm and that smell. So warm uuuummmm

• BQN537
    BQN537 Posts: 25,072 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Thanks @hechicerilla

I totally forgot about this post.

I love learning about different countries.

Those panellets look delicious 😋

• tootsie86
    tootsie86 Posts: 43 Level 2
    Options

My favorite thing to celebrate is Independence Day July 4th im proud to be an American and thankful to everyone who has served or will serve to keep us free!!! God bless you all

• Grumpy_Old_Man
    Grumpy_Old_Man Posts: 582 Level 4
    Options

So mine is the sixth reply in 18 months. Obviously there isn't much to celebrate in the world.

• a_trost
    a_trost Posts: 740 Level 3
    Options

I think why this post doesn't have hundreds of replies is because nobody tagged people. In many of the posts someone tags hundreds of people. Being tagged, the people come to see what it is and contribute. I guess not many people scroll through the posts like I do.

I like the comment by tootsie86. I am also an American 🇺🇸 and love 💕 celebrating our freedom and remembering those who have sacrificed for America 🇺🇸, so we can be free and live like we do. We usually have a picnic🧺🍉 or BBQ🍗 🥩 with friends👩‍🔧👩‍💼 and family👩‍🌾👩‍🎨, sometimes play football🏈 or baseball⚾, visit and set off fireworks 🎆🎇.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?