๐Ÿฅ‡First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

Royal Championship - What do you think?

Comments

• jjac272903
    jjac272903 Posts: 1,083 Level 3
    edited May 2020

What I've noticed so far is that every game I'm ahead, the opponent always gets at least one disco bomb, but its usually 2 sometimes 3. Im sure others have mentioned and/or experienced the same. Im not sure yet if this causes the losing streak or if I just can't understand the pattern of these candies falling down, which I know its happened on my side of the board, as well as others I know this is happening too.

@headoperations not asking you to actually say what you know on the thread because it might be a give-away that the studio wouldn't want, but have you noticed if this is related?

• alsto40
    alsto40 Posts: 455 Level 3

I just wish they would stop with setting up an opponent with amazing boards when I am on a 4 or 5 game streak. Has happened 2 times this morning already. The opponents are always set up with candy bombs and then magically makes 1 or 2 more appear and ALWAYS next to a stripe candy or a fish. ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    edited May 2020

Proceeded to starburst today!

I 've also noticed that opponents have "magically" colorbombs etc falling from the sky at critical points during the game!

It happened to me 4 times in a row today!

I had the luck to use striped lollipop 2-3 times giving me easy wins and fun! I hate the cage!

Something last but interesting, I had also strange luck 1-2 times, always when my opponent had a 4 or 6 win streak and he/she wanted to proceed to next level! These few times I won without effort in2-3 moves!!!

• ClarenceBeaks
    ClarenceBeaks Posts: 58 Level 2

@headoperations interesting to read your experiment, I've been noticing certain correlations too from your opponent and then win / lose rate.

My guess is your variables were:

Crown ranking (the higher crown usually wins - to be expected);

Who goes first/ second (first wins more often, particularly when against lower ranking);

Streak number - the higher the number the higher likelihood of winning. I'm a pretty good player but when I come up against a high ranking streak the board is always hugely stacked in their favour, and I have no chance. Every time. And of course they go first, probably 90% of the time. I'd say in these games I'm beaten by the high streak player making better moves less than 20% of the time, the rest they just get showered in special candies. In one game my opponent ended up with 3 candy bombs on their side. I need to remember to take screen shots.

As a separate observation, I don't get the negativity towards cagers. Sure it's frustrating to be blocked, but that's the game and half of the strategy. For me if you take away the blockers you take away half the game. Believe it or not, if it were possible, I would choose the cage twice, for both red and blue candies! With the current offering my favourite boosters are the standard lollipop and cage freebies, so I have a large bank of all the others as I hardly ever use them.

Final comment, regarding time to take changes, I will note that it didn't take the studio very long to reduce the first prize of 20 gold bars down to 15. Seriously, what were they thinking? Let's save these cost free prizes, take 5 away! Make first prize 100 gold bars. It won't cost you anything and may even see more profit through people actually trying to win given the prize might be worth them spending 15 for 5 extra tickets, or even 50 for 24hrs.

Please, new boards. It can't take that long to design and test. How about a competition on here to design a board?

Back to it, currently running first and second (with my 2 phones, this eases the limited ticket allocation btw all) with no additional tickets purchased.

• jjac272903
    edited May 2020

The stream (I'm not going to say a river this time because that would be too much) of special candies that fall down on opponents side majority of the time and only sometimes for me. I kind of feel like I'm playing people from the studio because:

1. They're very good and/or lucky

2. I notice opponents leaving more and I dont think it is always just a internet connection issue. I know some are having that issue because I've experienced it before myself and so many post about the internet connection issue. My internet connection issue is always when im trying to get in the RC through CCJS. I dont get a lot of disruptions other than that but I do feel they need to fix the issue immediately for players

3. Really this goes with 2 but I started rambling per youshz... and forgot what I was getting at. So, for 3 I believe "players" leaving the game are people that play from the studio doing testing. Also, I believe they taunt us with the laughing emoji just as regular players. Honestly though, I do feel the peeps from the studio are possibly testing out the outcome to see what results they're getting by playing the hame for themselves. This is not a dig at the studio nor anyone else. Just my opinion.

This is currently where I'm at in my thoughts about the game. Who knows...later tonight it could change ๐Ÿคฃ

@headoperations, @mdeus, @Leanna_Allen, @ClarenceBeaks, @Ohema, @alsto40, @NikolaosProdromidis

• alsto40
    alsto40 Posts: 455 Level 3

Thanks again for NOT fixing the booster freezing problems.... especially when I am on a 4 game streak and it causes me to the lose the game and my streak because I lose my turn!!

• jjac272903

@alsto40 I feel ya. Its frustrating. It keeps happening to me as well.

I just want to dive in and swim through @headoperations brain, for just a little while and gather all his knowledge. Then I can take over the world! ๐ŸŒŽ Moohahaha... I want to know all that he knows. ::taps fingers while smiling:: ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿง ๐Ÿง๐Ÿค“

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

• jjac272903

@headoperations I think I was driving Catherine nuts at the beginning but now, from not being on as much, she's gotten quite a bit ahead while I'm stil only at 331 to her 702. We were neck and neck at the beginning though. I know the studio completely misunderstood or completely misunderstood what we are all voting for with the prizes. Anyways, I know that this is not what @Leanna_Allen wanted to happen with the prizes and its not you're fault girly and you shouldn't be embarrassed about it. "I don't give a hobo's hat what the studio thinks" (I really do). I just wanted to say that. Key & Peele if anyone has watched their episodes. ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ Filling Jimenez's shoes is the episode. Its great.

• jjac272903

I meant to put completely misunderstood 2 times on that previous post by the way.

• jjac272903

I'm not winning at all at this point or really all day long mostly. I just don't understand opponents always getting the good stuff while I and I know everyone else is saying it as well, but I rarely get a board that i can win ๐Ÿ˜† I mean either my skills are off and I've lost any ability to win or my skills are off and i'ts getting harder to win. Whichever one. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?