πŸ₯‡First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

Deliberately making you lose.

Options

Comments

• NatalieG
    NatalieG Posts: 628 Pro Player 👑
    Options

@holliedolly2002,

I love your reference to a wig flying faster in a hurricane. Being that hurricanes are a common thing in Florida and yes, your wig will fly off in a hurricane if you don’t have it secure on your head. 😏😏😁😁

Changing your style of play doesn't mean you have to become a serial blocker. I have changed from my original block style of not blocking you if you don't block me to if I even think you are going to block me, I will block you first if I have filled my blocker. I don't like this change but I feel it's necessary because of all the serial blockers. I still give an opponent a chance but if you block me, it's on! It's truly sad when players block you right out of the gate. This game is not about skill anymore, it's about who has the biggest "guns" (hammers) and how many times I can block you.

And please don't remove your tonsils! 😏😏😁😁

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    edited September 2022
    Options

@NatalieG, yes, I mean leave/disconnect! And yes, my opponent gets 5 points and not 7.

So, why to do this? This is exactly what I am trying to explain here, it is a certain strategy! The central idea is that when you enter into a new event it is better to enter with a win than enter with a loss!

If entering into a new event, you have a loss (1 point) then you have to run after the other players into your leaderboard to catch the score! It is better to wait for an hour, so that your tickets become 5 again and then retry playing!

I always enter only if I have a win!

However there is only the possibility to win the 1st match, enter into a new event and then loose the next 4 matches! O.K., all possibilities are open! πŸ˜‰

• holliedolly2002
    holliedolly2002 Posts: 120 Level 2
    Options

@NatalieG I can't actually remove the tonsils they went when I was five, I was going to say kidneys but seemed in poor taste considering Hollie's situation so opted for tonsils. Totally agree it is about the biggest guns now that is 100% spot on. I am going to give it another go tonight and will like you suggest block if blocked. Not keen on these arenas so no big loss but I do find it infuriating when my favourite arena plays, and I end up a spectator. Knew you would like the wig comment!

• NatalieG
    Options

@Nikolaos_Prodromidis,

I understand that strategy. There are times when I lose the first game and just earn the 1 point. Yes, doing that does make you have to chase the leader. I don't always have the 24hr play when this happens but at some time, I will be playing the 24hr play. Even on Tuesday when the Championship starts, I will use my 5 tickets, then wait until I have more tickets or decide to play the 24hr play. So, I understand this strategy of leaving and waiting that hour until your tickets are filled.

• NatalieG
    Options
  • holliedolly2002
    Options

@NatalieG and @Nikolaos_Prodromidis Well the tonsils were proving more difficult to remove than I anticipated so during my lunch break I decided to have another go armed with the idea of "new style of play - block when blocked". My opponent was the delightful Rosalie who if anybody has played her knows her skill set comprises of laughing & blocking. The decision to block was made easy the moment she pressed the laughing emoji and blocked as she does on the very first move. The thing with Rosalie is she spends so much time laughing and attempting to fill her blocker that she misses vital moves and at best produces a crap performance. I bided my time, listened to the laughing and endured the blocking. She literally blocks anything just like Crusher - even candies which have no bearing on the game to the point that she missed I had a special candy and the makings of a colouring candy. My blocker was full, and she had used all her boosters, bashing anything just to fill her blocker she also had the chance to make a colouring candy, so I swooped in like I was on that wig in a hurricane blocked her, made my match even pressed the laughing emoji (This is unheard of for me) and despite being blocked at least 3 times won the match. Does it make me a bad person to say it felt good? I think she was shocked as she knows I never block or laugh she did the really big thing of quitting, but the points were in, and it was a perfect score. I hope that the way I played today deters her from this horrible laughing she does - she can certainly give it but definitely can't take it. Joanne - 45 Rosalie ZERO!!!!

• NatalieG
    Options

@holliedolly2002,

I am so proud of for blocking. I know it goes against your grain, but if you are being blocked at every turn, what else is there to do but block.

I have long ago turned off those emoji's so I don’t have to deal with that. To me, it's a form of bullying. If you laugh at a person when who is experiencing something that is embarrassing, hurtful or humiliation to them, you are bullying that person. So, I choose to turn them off. Even when they were turned on, before I found out how to turn them off, I never used them.

No, it does not make you a bad person because you felt good. You have endured so much playing a game of skill against serial blockers, enjoy the moment of Karma coming back upon serial blockers.

😊😊😏😏😁😁

• holliedolly2002
    Options

Thank you, Natalie. I would never normally use the laughing emoji but whenever I play her that is all she does - laugh & block. I did enjoy the win against her but still not keen on this blocking idea, she just made that game easy. It is bullying you are right, and I hope having it done back and losing after blocking 3 times on the bounce she has a rethink about her terrible attitude. Just wish all players had our mindset the game would become fun again. We can live in hope until then there is always the tonsils!

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    Options

Third attempt:

Opponent:

Starting on Arena 14:

I have some good chance to catch opponent's score:

Opponent blocks:

Opponent blocks again, while the score is high:

Thete is no chance, so: escape again!!

• wiwiki
    wiwiki Posts: 285 Level 2
    Options

once again the game is stopped here. I could have won once .... now I can start again from the beginning. And stole life again .... that's not funny anymore ....

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?