1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000

#ChoosetoChallenge: The Maya Angelou Challenge ๐Ÿ’œ

Comments

• fabke
    fabke Posts: 3,970 Pro Player 👑
    edited March 2021

@channie

i hope i get the beautiful Maya badge of you

I adored my grandmother, she was raised behind the wall in Germany Leipzig in the communism, she married a Belgian soldier and got that way to Belgium. At the age of 10 years she got my mother with the red cross from East-Germany. My grandmother died already. She deed everything for me and my sisters, till my 18 years the wall was still there in Germany and from when i was born we went every year to a part of my family side of my mother and grandmother and a had a lot of friends and brought them stickers and posters from singers and panties.

My grandmother was always happy because she could buy things you can't imagine you could not buy them in East-Germany.

At 10 years my mother saw the 1st time an orange. She had no friends in Belgium and children called her bad names because she was German. My mother is a hard woman from war and communism. My mother is now 83 years. She never had the connecting with her mother because she wanted to stay in Germany.

I also have a lot of @FlaringCrystal120 here on the community, she helped me and is very strong. She also diserves a Maya badge for her work in the community

Thanks for the tag @Diamond Lim

• Krishnopakkho
    Krishnopakkho Posts: 107 Level 2
  • Lady_Sarina
    Lady_Sarina Posts: 5,617 Level 5

@Krishnopakkho

You've posted this in the wrong place Cobber!! This is a contests thread. You are welcome to post about a woman who had a positive influence in your life though and the instructions for participation, can always be found on page 1! Please stay on topic as this is very helpful to me and appreciated when done!

There's an โœจ Episode News and Release โœจ thread in the main discussions area for this please. @NamTruong2001 is our go to guy for this type if thing and you will find "what's next there" :0)

• FlaringCrystal120
    FlaringCrystal120 Posts: 3,056 Level 5
    edited March 2021

Nice thread @channie8.

I was inspired by my schoolteacher to write stories. โค๏ธ

Thanks for the tag @fabke.

• mcbrown
    mcbrown Posts: 24 Level 2

I have been inspired by many women in my life, my mother of course firstly, she was a strong independent woman who showed me how to be strong and kind and forgiving and accepting of everyone, my oldest sister who was a single mother was very determined and hardworking and compassionate.

• Lady_Sarina

G'Day Everyone,

It's that time now and The Maya Angelou Challenge is now closed :0)

Well Done and Thank you to everyone who participated!!๐Ÿ‘

It was fantastic to hear everyone's experiences and thoughts! Thanks for sharing them! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

The 3 Winners who receive 20 Gold Bars each are:

@S_u_n_s_h_i_n_e

@Allouna76

@mcbrown

Would you 3 winners please comment you Player ID's here to receive the Gold Bars to your Jelly Accounts please :0)

Well Done Guyz!๐Ÿคฉ

• S_u_n_s_h_i_n_e
    S_u_n_s_h_i_n_e Posts: 356 Level 3

๐Ÿ˜ฏWow I'm so happyโ˜บ thank you so much @channie8 and CCJS community

Congratulations @Allouna76 and @mcbrown

About the GB,on a second thought I don't want it sorry just winning this is enough for me๐Ÿ˜ŠI would like to give it to๐Ÿ‘‡

APRIL FOOL๐Ÿ˜‚

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS' MONTH

I was just kidding๐Ÿ˜…

This message when I opened KC practically made my day(my first time of winning something in the community)of course I would gladly receive the GB ๐Ÿค—

This is my user ID

@mcbraaschThank you guys

• Lady_Sarina

G'Day @S_u_n_s_h_i_n_e

Thank You for making me laugh today!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@msbrown would you please post your player ID :0)

• shellhar4
    shellhar4 Posts: 5 Level 2

I was a social.worker and that comment is one I shared often and used as my moral compus.I love and try to live my life as she would have since her life was cut short.Princess Diana. We all seen her as this beautiful princess, but sadly she felt so alone.Only wanting to serve her country by her husbands side.Di was an incrediable humanitarium .I can't imagine how much she could have done by now if she was still here.

• Lady_Sarina

G'Day @shellhar4

Yes I can relate as she died on a day that is kinda important to me and was the first thing I heard on the radio when I got up.

It was a very sad day for Humanity. Sometimes one person can make a difference if they keep at it, despite struggles.

Sometimes it's the hard times or the worst days that can turn into pivotal moments, that can define us in a positive way and use that to help others.

And yes, when you're in a partnership, that's one sided and you still maintain grace and dignity, that is a very admiral quality to be inspired by!!!

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?