🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000

✨ Let's talk Gaming - Part 1 Logistics ✨

Lady_Sarina
Lady_Sarina Posts: 5,617 Level 5
edited August 2021 in Discussions

✨ G'Day Jelly Crew!! 🤩😎 ✨

✨ Let's talk Gaming - Part 1 Logistics ✨

So the boring and maybe for some, hard stuff first! All the logistics to consider before we all start grumbling about everything that can and will go wrong with games across multiple platforms and all the issues that go with it!

The things to consider before we even get to Gameplay and why we may not be able to get the fixes we want, in the time we want or the order we want. All that Tech talk, that we think we know but actually might not! We all think we're experts at times right 🤣🤣🤣 And a lot of us think we've got it going on and have the best ideas! After all, we've been gamers forever yeah!! That's why we're all here, we love all things gaming! 🤗🤩

Tech Talk - Before the Game Even Starts - Creative Collaboration! 🤔

What are the Developers and The Studio even thinking about?

• UI Interfaces - All things Animation/ Pop Ups/ Error Messages. Yes even those messages and Pop Ups give Feedback, on how everything is travelling to be studied, so they know what the heck is going on even though it's been through testing. Release and rework and rework and rework until it's workable! Keep giving constructive Feedback and those small changes, may lead to big ones! Time and constructive feedback go a long way! 👍
  • Modelling and Texturing - Everything starts at the drawing board. Innovative ideas have to be implemented some how and Storyboards have to made, reworked and imagine the multiple meetings that go into that! Gotta start somewhere!😂
  • Animation - Another team working to be creative and brainstorming ideas! Working with Artists to make their ideas come to life and then hoping the Tech Team can make it happen! 😅😅
  • Multiplayer Platforms - Oh! Now the Tech Team is in for some late nights trying to make sure they have the right Servers and that they run smoothly. Not an easy job to begin with but hey, let's throw in a Global game, across multiple platforms and add in some languages! Winner? Yeah for sure but a continuous job, to keep up with needs and Tech!🤔 Just saying!
  • Graphics and Shaders - It's great to have awesome things to look at in the games. Keeps us interested and we know what we like but did you know, if the balance isn't right and constantly tweaked, it may cause crashes or lagging in the games!? This is where collaborative meetings with the different teams is a must. Constant Communication and with Covid restrictions and virtual meetings to tango with, Crickey! Not an easy task :0) Just saying :0)
  • Lighting, Shadow & Reflection - In Real - Time, that's a lot of GPU Processing to be done! So when we give feedback about our eyes hurting, health issues, how the games look, feel and effect us, it's not just a matter of "click", she's all fixed now LOL 😀🤪
  • External Frameworks & Programming- Yep, this is all the architecture, blueprints, editors and debugging tools and work that goes into a game. A simple Background design change, can have a major impact on the Framework flow! All the behind the scenes stuff, that needs to constantly be monitored! Another team collaborating to be innovative and Tech Savvy! So feedback is awesome but time is needed for teams to communicate!
  • Language Support & Scripting - Do you get to play in your native language? That's thanks to these guys! Imagine all the scripting and coding that goes into that alone! Did you know that some game loops functions, can run as much as 1000 times per second? And we still need the servers to work in "live" time!
  • Bugs - Hot Topic yeah? Not an easy one either. No quick click fix here. We can help out though, by providing screenshots, so it can be seen what is actually going on, where and how often it occurs and which devices suffer the most. That all takes time to gather. Then rework and more team collaborations. Boy these guys are kept on their toes!🤗
  • Release - This isn't the end of the line! It's only the beginning! Testing might seem okay but it's not till it gets to all of us, that the final process begins to occur. Then the Feedback starts all over again. Good thing we all love to play and have a say 🤣🤣🤣
  • Support - Yes another avenue of Feedback and assistance! These guys need a big round of applause, as they're our go to people right here! Our CM's, Mods and those who help out regularly in The Communities, to gather your thoughts and suggestions and give the Team something to go on! Magic happens! It's a process though! 🙏

Sure there's frustrations on both ends but we are all in this together, at the end of the day and we'll get there. That's one thing I love about The Jelly Crew here in this Community, we are a Family and that makes us stronger together, as long as we support and encourage one another! You guys Rock!😎😀💚

So let's all give The Studio, the Tech and Design Teams, the Artists and Animators, Support People, your CM's and Mods and all those Housemates in the Communities who try to help, a massive thank you yeah! 👏👏👏👏👏👏

🤩They need encouragement to keep bringing us the games that we love, try out new things and keep things interesting and workable for us! 🤗

🤗When commenting please keep on topic and be kind. 🤩

👉️ Let's talk Gaming Part 2: Your Candies

👉️ Let's talk Gaming Part 3: Boosters

👉 Let's talk Gaming Part 4: Blockers

👉 Let's talk Gaming Part 5: Special Candies

💚💜Other Parts coming will allow for other topic comments :0)💚💜

Comments

• Lady_Sarina

Morning Everyone,

Thought some of you might have a gander at this and some newbies might like it too :0)🥰

Just some things to think about and gaming stuff :0)

You guys below aren't on my Main Jelly Board tagging list yet but thought you might like it too

@95chata @NikolaosProdromidis @Nadia1770 @NatalieG

Check out Parts 2 and 3 also and there's more parts coming. @shadyvenus311 these 2 parts may be helpful to you :0) The links to them are there. (or in the main Discussions page)

I'm not a huge fan of multiple tagging for everything, all the time, so be sure to check out your Community Discussions threads and Green Boxes for the latest Community stuff, or you might miss out! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Lady_Sarina
    edited April 2021

G'Day @headoperations

Yes constructive Feedback, keeping on-topic is always welcome! Oh! and Thank you's too. So thank you for all your help in the Community, it's appreciated!👏👏👏👏

It's nice for people to know what things are called and what they do and in those Parts to come, Game Play talk is always good in a Gaming Community 😂😎

Nice to have things in one place too so it's not messy and cluttered! Gotta love that 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 When I get a red hot minute, things like this, make it fun for me and hopefully encouraging or helpful to some too :0)

• NamTruong2001
    NamTruong2001 Posts: 4,223 Level 5

Thank @channie8 for tagging. 🤗

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend

@channie8 what a wonderful well thought out group of messages that you have posted here. Thanks for tagging me and please keep me in the tag. It's really great how well you planned and posted this very informative message. What I would like to do for you now is to post this in my Facebook group and have all my Jelly members come here to see what a great job you did on spelling out what each team in the studio does. Kuddos for all your hard work! 😀

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,333 Friends Moderator

Thanks for tagging me @channie8

Thank you for your great summary. I love it and you put a lot of work into this explanation. I read three parts, you did it really well. 

If you create more parts, I would like to know about combinations and special effects. For example, the combination that creates a Rainbow Jelly or if you get 5 of these black candies in a row.

If you are in contact with the studio, please pay tribute. Jelly is the only game I play that has nauseated on the main map (so far) without major errors or Oops levels. 

A special thank you goes to the idea and the development of the color bomb lollipop. It is truly unique and only available in Jelly. 

If I want something from the studio, it's designed levels that aren't so nested or have complicated boards where the fields aren't or are hard to reach. Also, the classification of normal and heavy levels is not always logical. 

For the players, the fun of playing should outweigh the fun. Once the players get into stress, they will consider whether they really love the game. 

I've tried a lot of King's games and kept only a few (currently 9). As soon as I had too much stress with a game, I kept it half a jar. I wanted to see if I might understand the game better or if there are actions that make it interesting for me again. 

Jelly is a great and beautiful game, one of my favorites. 

• Andres-2
    Andres-2 Posts: 4,326 Level 5

Thanks for tagging me @channie8

I loved reading all four parts, new players who start playing Candy Crush Jelly will find this very useful. What I also love is the music of the levels, mainly in the jelly and bosses.

Also as the studio does a great job in the different areas, to bring us levels every week.

• Lady_Sarina

Good Morning @Andres-2

Loving your comment, very thoughtful!

Yes the music is a cool addition, thanks for mentioning that!

Top Form Cobber!

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5

Hi @channie8

Thank you for putting together such interesting information on the game.

As a relative newbie, it's good to be able to read all of this and I'll probably play the game much better now with tactics and strategy. It will also be good to refer back to it.

I also found the Logistics part very helpful. Sincere thanks to everyone who puts in so much effort to make the game so enjoyable.

• siti_payung
    siti_payung Posts: 13,089 Level 5

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?