🥇First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

Me vs Me

Options

I ended up getting matched up against myself? Is this supposed to happen? The opponent me was a bot.

Comments

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    Options

Hi @SuddenWizard76!

You had this issue:

It is not a bot🤖 or a "bot" or another yourself or anything! 😄

It is a well known issue and I can explain it to you, but give me some hours because I am now out and cannot have a so good connection!

I can answer you when I'll be back at home! 🙂

• SuddenWizard76
    SuddenWizard76 Posts: 17 Level 2
    Options

I’ve just had the issue for a second time.

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi again @SuddenWizard76!

let's explain the "play against myself" issue:

It happens when your device has not enough memory to load your opponent's picture and name, or if there is connection problem between the two opponents, (being in two different locations in the world), through the game servers.

This problem can have two results:

1. It seems that you play against yourself! This happens if no opponent image exists in your device's memory!
    2. It seems that you play against the same opponent for several matches in a row. This happens if there is already in your device's memory your previous opponent's pic, but your current opponent's pic cannot be loaded! In this case your opponent's name sometimes is loaded, so it seems that you play against multiple opponents having the same user pic!

If it happens on different devices, it is a general communication issue between the two opponents through the game's servers, as I described before and not local device issue! 😉

• SuddenWizard76
    SuddenWizard76 Posts: 17 Level 2
    Options

It’s going to be the game servers then, I’ve got tonnes of memory on my iPhone 12

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Options

Yes, but you don't know about your opponent (location, device, internet connection's quality) or maybe your internet provider's issues! I have sometimes temporary issues because of my provider or my location. 😉

• Keda1915
    Keda1915 Posts: 8 Level 2
    edited July 2022
    Options
  • NamTruong2001
    NamTruong2001 Posts: 4,229 Level 5
    Options

I have no idea 'cause I have never seen it during my Royal Championship gameplay. Maybe @Nikolaos_Prodromidis could answer this.

• beanie904
    beanie904 Posts: 100 Level 2
    Options

What the heck😒 I’m pissed because why would they do that

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Options

Hi @Keda1915!

This is not anything important! It is just a well known memory issue! It happened to me several times!

Let me explain:

It happens when your device has not enough memory to load your opponent's picture and name, or if there is connection problem between the two opponents, through the game's servers.

This problem can have two results:

1. It seems that you play against yourself! This happens if no opponent image exists in your device's memory!
    2. It seems that you play against the same opponent for several matches in a row. This happens if there is already in your device's memory your previous opponent's pic, but your current opponent's pic cannot be loaded! In this case your opponent's name sometimes is loaded, so it seems that you play against multiple opponents having the same user pic!😉
  • Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Options

Hi @beanie904!

Your question is about the option of boosters' purchase?

It is a feature that came long before for a short time and then left!

A lot of players were asking for this feature to come back and yes, it is here!

May I suppose that your opinion is different? If you want we can discuss about it!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?