Royal Championship: New Arena, Blocker and Badges!

XarlyXarly Posts: 2,050 Community Manager
edited July 31 in Royal Championship
Hi Royal Champions,

A new event is around the corner, and it comes with some juicy updates!

• The new event will come with a Second Arena! Now you have equal chances of playing in the first arena (The Prime Arena) or in the brand new Arena that you can see below! Please let us know your thoughts on this new one here (and also help us name it!)

• A new Blocker is now available! This time around, there will be no lollipop hammer, but instead, you will be able to block your enemies' turns. Collect cyan candies to unlock the option to put a blocker on your rival's side of the arena!

• And last but not least, Exclusive Forum Badges are available if you reach certain positions on the win streak. Check more about the badges and how to get them here.

Lots of new content coming for the next Royal Championship as you can see. We can't wait to hear your thoughts and opinions!

Comments

• Crimson_DawnCrimson_Dawn Posts: 1,915 Superstar
    @Xarly, I can tell you now that I'm not loving the look of the new arena, but I'm going to try my best to still crush it! More feedback is on the way when I get to play it!

Are you new to Candy Crush Saga or the King Community? Check out the Beginners Corner here!
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/categories/beginner-s-corner
  • PummyRajPummyRaj Posts: 5,010 Superstar
    I am loving the "Blocker" feature @Xarly :+1: 

Does it work on the levels where we play with Jelly Queen?  For example, level # 123?  Or is it completely different? 
  • XarlyXarly Posts: 2,050 Community Manager
    Pummy Raj said:
    I am loving the "Blocker" feature @Xarly :+1: 

Does it work on the levels where we play with Jelly Queen?  For example, level # 123?  Or is it completely different? 
    Hey @Pummy Raj !

It's a completely different event. It's not applying to the normal map but to the Royal Championship arenas :).

Cheers,
    Xarly

• firebombmarkusfirebombmarkus Posts: 8,156 Superstar
    @Xarly I love the blocker, it can be extremely useful when an opponent is about to make his move with wrapped candy or a fish and you just put a "cage" on it πŸ˜† 
  • yancurrentyancurrent Posts: 3
    edited August 2
    Odus : "yeti look tired instead of wide awake.you need to relax, my friend ",yeti: ha ha, you're one to talk odus' I just can't seem to keep my eyes opened!

(Note from CM: Off-Topic)
    Awesome feedback @firebombmarkus! I'm finding it a great tool to come back from matches that look lost to me.

@yancurrent , this corner is to speak about the new arena and blocker on the Royal Championship. Please make sure you are posting in the right place and that your comments are on topic. If you want to give us your thoughts about the Royal Championship please do - we would love to hear them!

Cheers,
    Xarly

• Foley1362Foley1362 Posts: 7,439 Superstar
    Hi @Xarly - I am LOVING this event so far. Since this is my first week having it I am still learning on the fly but getting used to both arenas and how and when to use the blocker. It’s saved my steak a couple of times now. This is so awesome and can’t wait to keep playing.

My one main question so far is why do we have to use a ticket every time we play? If you keep winning i think you should get to keep them or earn more. I did earn one for level 7 if I remember correctly.

Either way this is a fantastic event and making me appreciate red rabbit more 🀣

You can find out more about our Superstars here

VOTE to get a PORTAL in Friends here  πŸ™πŸ»

🍩πŸ”₯ A heart filled with love β€οΈ 
    is like a Phoenix that no cage can imprison πŸ”₯🍩
  • KcbtylerKcbtyler Posts: 26
    edited August 6
    I think that if you win a game you should not lose a life. Other than that's good!
  • firebombmarkusfirebombmarkus Posts: 8,156 Superstar
    edited August 5
    I've played it for the very first time last week and I love it. I have read somewhere before they are bothered that they have to wait for a player to make a move. For me, it's not a problem as there is a timer and you won't wait forever certainly.

My first winning streak was 7. I had the luck to have players who are weak and were missing some opportunities to spread jelly but until the end I manager to reach 25. My favorite move is definitely combining color bomb with fish and making a lot of fish spreading my jelly around the board. I found this the most helpful. I also love that all the boosters we earn go to the regular game. We are not able to use them during the Royal Championship battles so it comes down to skills and lucky board which is great.

I understand that this is a real-time and we have to be online but few times it happened that my connection is weak and I almost lost my opportunity to play my moves.

Thank you all for your thoughts and feedback!

As you mention, @Foley1362 rewards come with tickets as well, which is a way to keep playing. If you keep winning, you keep getting tickets (along with those that refresh after time). Your points are of great value though and we will make sure we take them to the team. Tickets work in a different way than lives, as you probably figured by now but it's all just starting so please give us your feedback as you are all doing and we will make sure the team's aware.

Cheers to you all!
    Xarly