🥇First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

Royal Championship - What do you think?

Comments

• babijane
    babijane Posts: 60 Level 2

Yeah I played against Jonah a couple of times — can’t remember his winning streak but I do recall my game lagged once and did the same to you!

• ClarenceBeaks
    ClarenceBeaks Posts: 58 Level 2

Hi guys. I've been super busy so my RC playing has taken a back seat. In the last tournament I still did 4 entries, 2 firsts, a second and 7th. I didn't use all my free tickets and entered in stages again.

I've been thinking a bit about the video posted revealing the use of bots and machine learning at King. The point about the falling of candies not be random and predetermined for each board is very significant. King could make this random which would be fairer (particularly when we are playing with bots). I am pretty sure this is the approach King has taken so it can control the appeal/ adictiveness of the game, as well as being able to break your 6/7 streaks. It is also easier for them to train their bots this way, it takes less playing for bots to master the game. A side note and reflection is the sample sizes for the bots posted in the video were like 150 games - this is very small if the falling of candies were random, confirming my thought that the falling candies are pre-determined. I am now imagining the starting board as the one we see with many levels above it (that we can't see) with the candies in their position waiting to fall down.

I'm about to jump into the new RC so I'll not ramble on.... I have thought people like tips so I thought I'd contribute with a couple. The theme for my tips is caging, so if that upsets you, don't read it!

Caging tips:

1. A cage placed next to an existing cage is much more value (assuming a different coloured candy). Seeking to narrow the width of your opponent's board is a primary objective of a cage. Forget trying to cage a striped candy.
    2. You can put a cage on top of a liquorish swirly thing - making it a hard version of that - this is a very effective blocker. I have never seen anyone doing this to me. It seems to throw player also, lol.
    3. If your opponent has opted for one of the more powerful boosters (e.g. striped lollipop) then you can focus on the red or blue they need to activate that. Candies near the bottom are more likely to stay blocked.

One final thing - regarding my earlier questions on the numbers of red/blue candies to activate the various boosters/blockers - I am now thinking that this number changes depending on how many moves have been made - at the beginning it takes much more than say after 4 or 6 moves. I typically open where possible with red or blues, I'm considering saving these for my 3rd and 4th moves.

• babijane

I don’t want anybody to get me wrong. I’m a newbie in the forum and I don’t know any of you but followed this thread for a couple of weeks now and I’d like to say (in a VERY friendly tone, please don’t get me wrong)

I’ve read posts of players whom seemed depressed, offended and frustrated and for me it’s a red flag.. it’s a fun game but please people RC shouldn’t take a toll on mental health/emotions nor cause distress. It should be fun!

I saw rants king using AI and I get it, it’s hard and frustrating but it’s totally normal for them to do it and that’s how they explore, tests, and can then release more arenas or levels in a quicker time for us to play more!

— (I’m not saying it’s fair to have bots that freeze games that makes you lose your winning streaking. Not at all)

What I would recommend is when you feel like you played against a bot or a hacker ; take a screenshot and report it by sending a detailed email and explain what happened exactly. I did when I had issues and they were answering quickly, kindly and solved my problems. It seems like this forum isn’t really made to receive real complains and individual issues and that’s why admins haven’t replied to all of this for a while.

no matter if you pay money or not while playing remind yourself that King makes money with players that pay for gold and honestly if the arena or levels were always easy, nobody would keep this app on their phones or tablets because the reward system in a brain wouldn’t pick interest like it does right now.

(I’m writing this message in the kindest tone lol don’t bash)

babijane ✌🏽

• alsto40
    alsto40 Posts: 455 Level 3

@babijane The reason everyone is frustrated or complains about the bots is @LadyRaffie came on our other thread that has since been deleted that they can’t use bots and that it would be illegal to do so. Plus she also told us to come on here and tell them what we thought of the game.

My biggest complaint is the amount of time the opponent gets versus what I get. If they don’t ever make a move.... their timer runs out at 30 seconds. The second they start making a move their timer stops until all candies are done moving for that turn. Their timer then starts back up. When I make a move it takes it a second to stop but then quickly speeds up again. Today the opponent had almost 60 seconds and then was still able to make their move once their timer was out and for a good 3 seconds too. We just want fairness because 6 months ago this game was completely different.

• kimlee0116
    kimlee0116 Posts: 23 Level 2

Im just wondering if you guys use your gold for life refills or things like that?

• ClarenceBeaks
    ClarenceBeaks Posts: 58 Level 2

I was somewhat spoilt for choice here

• babijane
    edited June 2020

Yes of course it’s the name of the thread. But let’s be real, a thread that has over 20 comments a day (that some are replies to other players, not an opinion, etc.) is not the place you’re gonna get answered when you’re talking about bugs and freezes, it’s more of a forum that some admins can answer some questions and resolves easy bugs but the best way is : reporting via email.

I wrote the solution to the problems that I had and it worked.For very problems I had, I’ve sent screenshots, time and dates, and wrote with all the respect in the world considering it would be sent to another human being doing its job. I never thought they would but they gave me over 400 gold back for the issues I had because I’ve had proof with screenshots and detailed informations.

If you still want to write complains on this thread even though you haven’t received an answer for months it is your choice of course! I only wanted for some people to see that they are other ways and doing the same thing over and over while it’s not working out isn’t gonna get you anywhere.

and also ; unfortunately bots are legal and they can use it and people should get used to.

My point is ; they are legal as long as it doesn’t corrupt your game and if it does (like you did with the clocks and other lags) : write a personal email with a screenshot and detailed info of what happened and they will make sure it won’t happen.

I’m really sorry if I annoyed some of you with my message. I might sound rude because I’m looking at those issues with the eye of a girl in her early 20s who grew up with games having bots and AI detecting good players and changing algorithms to make it harder to win in order to make them spend real money but my message was on a very deep level of compassion for you guys. I hope I can get the chance to prove I’m on your side with all of this.

• alsto40
    alsto40 Posts: 455 Level 3

@babijane I don’t care if bots are used or not. I am just telling you what the CM told us. It’s obvious they aren’t answering our questions here. But they asked for our opinions so we give them. At the end of the day we can express our feelings and obviously play or not play. Have a good day.

• babijane
    edited June 2020

I’ve never said you can’t express your feelings? There’s no need to be rude with me. If I’m talking about bots, it’s cause many wrote about it and all I said was that it was legal for them to use them on some terms. If you don’t care that they use bots or not, then you shouldn’t feel concerned about that part of my publication or getting mad at me. With your response I guess my entire post was not addressed to your issue so there’s no need to shut me me off like that or feel attacked on your right to hold your own opinions and express them aloud. You can have yours and I can have mine. I hope you have a good day too

• babijane
    edited June 2020

I wasn’t implying you can’t express yourself? My message wasn’t directed to you at all and if you’re not talking about bots then maybe you shouldn’t feel concerned about my post or reply like this to me. I’ve done nothing bad to you and I’m just trying to help others with posts that I’ve read. There’s no need to be rude with me or shut me off. You hold your right to express yourself as much as I do and I’m sorry I offended you. I sincerely hope you have a good day too 🌈

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?