⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Not enough licorice swirls on level 1490

Kiersten
Kiersten Posts: 3 Newbie

On level 1490 you have to get 25 blocks, 15 chocolates, and 35 licorice swirls. Every single time I get down to 0 moves I still have to get 3 licorice swirls. It's like the game won't generate enough for me to pass the level. Is anyone else having this problem or have a suggestion on how to get the game to drop more? 

Best Answer

• Cluck_Me
    Cluck_Me Posts: 8 Level 2
    Answer ✓

When you clear a licorice, it will not generate a new one on the next turn, and it will only generate one per turn.  You start with 19, so you need to create 16.  Clearing one, wait a turn, get another, clear..  consumes 3 turns per licorice which won't work.   Avoid moves that clear licorice until you have enough built up to finish.   Same thing applies to chocolate in this episode.  Let it spread first - don't clear one at a time, then have to wait a turn.

Answers

• Caz-4
    Caz-4 Posts: 6 Level 2

The trick with that is you have to hit the swirls individually, if you hit more than one in a single shot...ie...bomb or freckle it only counts as one

• Kiersten
    Kiersten Posts: 3 Newbie

The trick with that is you have to hit the swirls individually, if you hit more than one in a single shot...ie...bomb or freckle it only counts as one

That didn't seem to look either but thanks anyways!
  • Cluck_Me
    Cluck_Me Posts: 8 Level 2
    Answer ✓

When you clear a licorice, it will not generate a new one on the next turn, and it will only generate one per turn.  You start with 19, so you need to create 16.  Clearing one, wait a turn, get another, clear..  consumes 3 turns per licorice which won't work.   Avoid moves that clear licorice until you have enough built up to finish.   Same thing applies to chocolate in this episode.  Let it spread first - don't clear one at a time, then have to wait a turn.

• CDanaher
    CDanaher Posts: 1 Newbie

I was having the same problem on my mobile.  Sat down and played it on the desktop version and had no problems getting enough chocolate or licorice.

• Elceye
    Elceye Posts: 1 Newbie

I don't see a way to do this level breaking one licorice at a time. If you don't use combos you can't get the other items you need to get. And you can't control how many licorice get broken each time in any event.
  • Pics_n_clicks
    Pics_n_clicks Posts: 1 Newbie

Doesn't seem like this is the correct solution…. No way to get on a desktop version? Any other suggestions?
  • Pallavi_Sanyal
    Pallavi_Sanyal Posts: 3 Newbie

This does not seem to work because if I let the swirls to build then I can clear the required number as well as the chocolates but way behind on the frosting blocks. Does this level only work on the desktop version??
  • DRLDallas
    DRLDallas Posts: 1 Newbie

Don't know what the answer is, but some of the above suggestions are wrong.  You can hit multiple licorice at once (and get credit for them).  I was lucky enough to get two bombs next to each other probably 12 or so moves left, and wiped out the whole bottom of the puzzle at once. That made it easy to clear the rest of the puzzle, but I still had trouble getting enough licorice.  I had the two remaining licorice with 1 move left and ended up having to buy a time extension to get the last one.  I'm at level 1490, so clearly I like the game, but levels like this just seem so arbitrary as to whether or not the computer is going to let you finish.

• kimboG874
    kimboG874 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I have struggled for daysssss..

I used a lollipop to smash the bottom cube to allow the candies to fall to the other side. As Suggested above allow liqorice and chocolate to build up while you clear the other side... worked first time after that.
  • Jester84
    Jester84 Posts: 2 Newbie
    This is the level I'm stuck on too, for two weeks!! Easily the hardest level I've faced.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?