We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Boosters and new phone!

Gertrude_Edith
Gertrude_Edith Posts: 3 Newbie

I had no idea that when you got a new phone your boosters did not move over :( I figured when your game was saving, they were saving too. Imagine my surprise to see my 141 color bombs, 85 wrapped/stripes, 98 fish, 156 coconut wheels, 3 switch hands and 6 hammers gone in my Candy Crush game!!!! and in my CC soda, 3 stripe, 3 wrapped, 49 color bombs, 24 color fill, 193 fish, 4 switch hands, and 10 hammers. King, why can't you make it so we don't lose those and they save with the level?? It is really unfair!!!!

Answers

• Laura_Grosvenor
    Laura_Grosvenor Posts: 1,581 Level 4
    edited July 2018

Hello Gertrude. It is because your boosters are saved locally on the device you're playing on, so when you download the game on a different device, those boosters stay on the old one. Any gold (and boosters I believe) you have bought will be transfered since that is on your account, assuming you were connected to the game using Facebook or the Kingdom. I can ask the Moderator to look at this for you since that is a lot of boosters lost, but I can't promise anything. Thanks for writing and I do hope you have a nice day.

• Gertrude_Edith

Hello Gertrude. It is because your boosters are saved locally on the device you're playing on, so when you download the game on a different device, those boosters stay on the old one. Any gold (and boosters I believe) you have bought will be transfered since that is on your account, assuming you were connected to the game using Facebook or the Kingdom. I can ask the Moderator to look at this for you since that is a lot of boosters lost, but I can't promise anything. Thanks for writing and I do hope you have a nice day.

I would love it if I could ask and I could get them on my new phone. My old phone is dead. I don't play connected to facebook
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager

Hi Gertrude,

Thanks to Laura's help I've jumped in on both games to give you a small compensation for the issues. I'm sorry that this happened to you but at least now you know! As she mentioned, boosters and lives are local (unless you play on PC) and they stay with that device.

I hope this compensation alleviates a bit the frustration and helps you get back in track with your new phone!

Cheers,

Xarly

• Gertrude_Edith
    edited July 2018

Hi Gertrude,

Thanks to Laura's help I've jumped in on both games to give you a small compensation for the issues. I'm sorry that this happened to you but at least now you know! As she mentioned, boosters and lives are local (unless you play on PC) and they stay with that device.

I hope this compensation alleviates a bit the frustration and helps you get back in track with your new phone!

Cheers,

Xarly

I'm not trying to be greedy here, I appreciate your response, but there is nothing on my new phone except the boosters I have earned the last few days. This is the first time I have gotten a new phone since starting to play these games. There has to be a way at point that king can come up with a way that saves boosters to the game like it does the levels. I am sure I am not the only one that has been frustrated by this.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager

Hi Gertrude,

The compensation that was given was via gold bars, so make sure you check those to see the compensation I refer to :-).

That said, there's a very valid reason as to why boosters don't stay with our accounts when transferring to another device. And that's because the fact they're stored locally is what allows our players to be able to play offline as well. It's a technical condition, that way, because the data is saved on your phone and not in the cloud, our players are able to play during flights, when they ran out of internet connection or any situation that they want. However, it comes with the price of not being able to transfer them when you change devices.

I hope I helped you understand what's behind this!

Cheers,

Xarly

• rypatt
    rypatt Posts: 1 Newbie
    I had over 300 boosters OF EACH candy for 7 King games. All gone. Completely ridiculous.
  • Fakhruddin-2
    Fakhruddin-2 Posts: 191 Level 3

When everything is saved why not boosters there are many reasons for changing the mobile , many people loose their phone and their boosters are lost. Players from all over the world are demanding to save the boosters but it has gone to deaf ears. Please do the needful in this problem

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend

@Fakhruddin-2 Hi and welcome, if this was done then the ability to play offline would be lost for many, some people have not got massive data allowances, so if they are playing offline they would not have the option of using boosters as they would be stored on kings servers an you would need to be online to access them.

Catch22

Thank you

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?