⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Level changed on Candy Crush? Different number of moves or seeing the same level twice?

QueenMia
QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
edited March 2019 in Support

UPDATE 13/02/2019- Hi everyone! You may notice that some of your levels have changed again or perhaps you are noticing some levels are duplicated and the same as levels that you have played previously. The test is back again for the time being, so please follow this thread for updates. 

Thanks! 

UPDATE 16/10/2018 - Hi everyone, please note that there is no test anymore. All levels have been adjusted and all players will now receive the same amount of moves.

You might still see different amounts of moves on videos, but that would be because the videos were recorded before the levels were reviewed and their amount of moves changed.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

---------------------------------

If you are wondering why the amount of moves changed from one day to another or if you are wondering why you have less moves than your friends, husband, colleagues or strangers this post is for you!

Please be aware that our Game Studios are constantly working on enhancing our games by introducing new features, improving gameplay or testing concepts. To ensure the change is a positive one, a randomly chosen group of players is always selected to trial them. We then look closely at how the change has been viewed and then decide if it's something we want to permanently implement in the game or not.

This means it’s always possible there are minor variations (including the number of moves) to that of someone else who plays, or perhaps on an existing video on YouTube, especially as YouTube videos are sometimes recorded when a level is in test, or if a player is using a Cheat Engine.  So when comparing gameplay to YouTube or another player, we recommend looking at it for tips on which part of the level to focus on and how best to solve any puzzles or challenges.  Checking and copying the overall tactics gives the clues to beat the level and usually leads to sweet success!

While we know that some levels are challenging, we can assure you that with some good luck, patience and a clear strategy they all can be beaten! As a tip, we recommend making use of boosters too, as we’re offering boosters in more places than ever before.  Add a couple to your level attempts and you should find it’ll become much easier to overcome.

I hope this update is helpful, but if you do have any further queries or feedback, please let me know.

I wish you all a Fun-tastic day and a happy crushing

Mia

Best Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,599 Sweet Legend
    Answer ✓

Hi Sug,

Thank you for posting here in the community. You can read what Queen Mia wrote about this here:  https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/level-changing-on-candy-crush-saga-not-getting-the-same-amount-of-moves-as-your-friends

If you see videos online showing more moves, this is the reason.  The videos are outdated because the video creators make them when the levels are first released.  The studio monitors all levels when they are released and they check to see how many players clear a specific level and how long it takes for them to clear it.  If it's too easy or too difficult they will "tweak" the levels a bit.  The video creators can't keep up with the studio changes so you are still only seeing the first video release.

• SuzanneFuller
    SuzanneFuller Posts: 2 Newbie
    Answer ✓
    ccooley, you'll see this a LOT. Back in August 2018, King reduced the number of moves on hundreds and hundreds of levels. Many many of us have pleaded for a long time, asking them to return the levels. But they claim that they want to give us a better experience (even though most of us believe they're just trying to get us to spend money on boosters). This is not the last level you'll see like this.

Answers

• dogbuddy57
    dogbuddy57 Posts: 0 Newbie

After failing to even get close to finishing level 2033, I went in search of videos and tips.  Every single one of them refers to having 21 moves.  I start the game with a mere 14 moves.  People had previously complained that it was difficult to get the yellow candies with the 21moves, and I can say confidently that it’s virtually impossible with only 14.  What’s happened....help please..I’m ready to give up.

• IlaLeo
    IlaLeo Posts: 93 Level 2

Hi dogbuddy57,

Thanks for writing in.

It may help you to know that sometimes levels get tweaked so you might find some differences between your game and Youtube tutorials. To find out why this happens, please have a look at this Blog post:

https://care.king.com/en/blog/article/levels-keep-changing

Even if you managed to move forward, the above link could come in handy in the future.

Have a lovely day!

Ilaria - Team King Care

• Lola__2_2
    Lola__2_2 Posts: 2 Newbie

Level 504 in candy crush saga has 12 moves. All help videos show 40 moves for this level. I don’t think it’s possible to beat this in 12 moves, help please 

• _Elsa_

Hi Lmyagkov, thank you for posting here at King Care.  I have created a list of complaints regarding the number of moves changed for specific levels.  I will add your message to the list.

• Pearl0808
    Pearl0808 Posts: 0 Newbie

I am on level 2503 of candy crush and only get 12 moves to start.  When I googled and watched the video, there were 22 moves.  How can I get past this?

• _Elsa_

Hi Pearl0808, thank you for writing us here at King Care. I have seen a lot of complaints here from the players regarding the number of moves for a specific level. I have created a list of these complaints and forward this to a King Admin who then forwards it to the studio. I will add your message to the list.

• Sandeep_Melazhi
    Sandeep_Melazhi Posts: 1 Newbie

Hi Lmyagkov, thank you for posting here at King Care.  I have created a list of complaints regarding the number of moves changed for specific levels.  I will add your message to the list.

Same thing happened to me also. Level 504 only 12 steps to solve. Please do the needful. I am stuck. I updated to new version also. But same issue. Help me.
  • Pat_Dousman
    Pat_Dousman Posts: 2 Newbie

On level 720 I'm only getting 12 moves to play ... all the video I see for 'sample' plays show 30.   

• _Elsa_

Hi Pat, thank you for writing us here at King Care. I have seen a lot of complaints here from the players regarding the number of moves for a specific level. I have created a list of these complaints and forward this to a King Admin who then forwards it to the studio. I will add your message to the list.

• Liz_Colwell
    Liz_Colwell Posts: 6 Level 2

Supposed to have 40 moves only given 12 level 504

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?