Updates to Sugar Drops

Comments

• kooskoekjesmonsterkooskoekjesmonster Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Hi everyone, 

Community Moderator here :waving:

Some of you may have noticed that your Sugar Drops are not appearing in your game map. Additional features like Sugar Drops can be tweaked and changed but before doing that, the Game Studio needs to run a trial with a selected group of players.

Unfortunately we cannot impact on who is in this trial but regardless the Game Studio does try to ensure that all players have a great gaming experience. 

I will be updating this thread for any further update as I keep receiving them. 

During these trial periods player feedback is always valuable, so don't hesitate to leave them in the comment section of this thread.

UPDATE May 8th

Every now and then, our Developers revisit old in-game features in order to improve them further and at times they even consider removing them to make space for others, potentially, even more exciting features.

Sugar Drops was introduced 4 years ago, making it one of the oldest still running features in the game. Back then, the game didn’t have many features and in general it looked very different. Currently we have a vast variety of exciting events where players can collect candies and earn delicious rewards.

The aim for the Game Studio is always to create new and fun features for our players.  With this aim in mind, they are currently testing to remove Sugar Drops so they can see whether this feature is still relevant in this new context. Or is it time for this feature make way to a new classic.

We understand you’re apprehensive about this change but just be confident that our Game Studios are always thinking ways to delight our players. 

And another week passed, without any change in your trial of CC without Sugar Drops. How much time do they need in the Game Studio to see, that no one is happy with the disappearance of Sugar Drops. Often I read, that it's the reason to stop playing CC. That cannot be the goal!
    Pls, let the Sugar Drops return ASAP!
  • Bianco_KongBianco_Kong Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    [email protected] 
    Today I received a reply from King player support - Joe000. They may roll it out to everybody if they feel they can sell more Boosters without loosing users. So we must be united, otherwise the sugar drops will disappear forever.

• bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 3,277 Superstar
    Hi everyone!  I definitely agree about not losing sugar drops and feel very sorry for the people who were currently chosen to test playing without sugar drops and no longer have them!  In fact we have several threads on this topic and the community moderator (Jelly Jenny) has said she will pass all the comments on to King.  I play for drops twice a day almost every day.  Its how I build up my booster stash so I can conquer the new levels which seem to be getting harder and harder all the time.  And with the new build a bot - there is even more incentive to complete a level on your first try!  I'm not adverse to spending money now and then (for extra moves) - I know there are quite a few people who refuse and that is great - but King shouldn't want to lose the loyal people who do spend money on the game and if the ability to gather as many boosters as the sugar drops allow goes away - then they may lose more loyal people (I know there were quite a few who quit playing when the build a bot was changed - which is why I think they are testing a version that lets some people play with the bots on old levels once they have completed the new ones).
    Anyway - please also vote to keep the sugar drops using the link below.  Thank you!
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/256631/keep-sugar-drops#latest

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh
  • Jelly JennyJelly Jenny Posts: 1,711 Community Moderator
    @Bianco_Kong To be clear only the parts after "here is the response I got from Customer Service:" seem to be from our Player Support Team.

Parts before that sentence seems to be from "Joe000". I've tried to make it clear here too that we cannot add features to players' game, but will always pass feedback onto our Developers.  

Can you solve the Community mystery? Check out the contest here and win amazing prizes!
    New to Candy Crush Saga or Community? Check out Beginner's Corner here!
    New competition in Candy Crush Saga! Check it out here!
  • quiltedpinkquiltedpink Posts: 10
    Hi @JellyJenny,

I seem to be one of those players in the test group missing sugar drops about 3- 4 weeks now. I suppose the developer's are trying to see if I will purchase more now that my best way to level up has been removed. I can say that I do not play as often as I used to. I am willing to buy power-ups occasionally at $1.99 but the rates have jumped to $3.99 seems a bit too high for 30 bars or the boosters on the scroll rewards. Just my humble opinion.  I miss my sugar drops. 
  • bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 3,277 Superstar
    @quiltedpink - I am so sorry to hear you are one of the unlucky testers who have lost their sugar drops.  I'm not sure @Jelly Jenny can provide the answer but I too would like to know how long this test is going to last.  I think it is pretty evident from the comments here and on a few other threads, that the people who have lost their sugar drops are very unhappy about it and would like them back as soon as possible.

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh
    The King Studio and Development Team have removed Sugar drops from us more than a month, They should got the result (related data).
    Did they gained more money from us?
    I still haven't paid any money. I believe no sugar drop only get negative reviews, complain and dislike. 
    Hi @Kazza-3
    Hope your daughter get sugar drops back soon,
    If she has a sugar drops, she will definitely enjoy the fun of playing CCS.
    It's not a problem that business organization wants to make more money, but a responsible enterprise should not take all the profits without taking care of its customers/users. Canceling sugar drops is very cruel to us.
  • mamacathymamacathy Posts: 75 ✭✭✭
    I'm still having less daily spins and empty sugar drop awards on my 2nd device, never happened before, thought it was a glitch they were fixing, but like Lindsey said, " it's been over a month!" 😕
  • Kazza-3Kazza-3 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭
    @Bianco_Kong yes I agree, no problem with a business wanting to make money. It’s the way they’re doing it - removing a well-loved aspect of the game but I don’t feel we’re getting much back. Like you said, not taking enough care of it’s players.
    And I don’t like how they frame it as being for our benefit. There are a lot of unhappy loyal players here.
  • alpaslanaktas34alpaslanaktas34 Posts: 1
    edited May 28
    google chorome installed in the game I have been playing in every entrance and 8 hours at the end of the games on the C not deleted in the game so I can not collect the help needed for the game can not help.
  • chrismok8chrismok8 Posts: 0
    I collected “c” with sugar track before, but it cannot find recently. I have updated the latest version and still cannot any “c” marked on any regular map. please assist to fix it
  • Crimson_DawnCrimson_Dawn Posts: 1,845 Superstar
    Hello, @chrismok8! Unfortunately, King has chosen a group of people to test playing the game without the sugar drops. Evidently, you are one of the unlucky randomly chosen people to test it. Sorry to have to tell you the bad news. 
    P.S. If this post answered your question, please press the "yes" button on this post when it asks "Did this answer the question?"

Calling all Candy Crush Friends players! Check out this awesome contest and participate for the chance to win gold bars! The more people that participate in this contest, the better! Invite all your friends! Use this link to get there. Thank you!
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-friends-saga/discussion/262401/help-tiffi-pick-a-costume-for-a-chance-to-win-gold-bars#latest
  • Jelly JennyJelly Jenny Posts: 1,711 Community Moderator
    Hi @chrismok8! This is something the game team is working on - please find more details here. I'll also merge your post into the post in question so you don't miss out on the conversation and updates. 

Can you solve the Community mystery? Check out the contest here and win amazing prizes!
    New to Candy Crush Saga or Community? Check out Beginner's Corner here!
    New competition in Candy Crush Saga! Check it out here!