Sugar Drops in Candy Crush Saga - Information and feedback

Comments

• mamacathy
    mamacathy Posts: 95 Level 3
    Hope you get your sugar drops back soon :)
  • quiltedpink
    quiltedpink Posts: 10 Level 2
    I do miss the sugar drops. I hope that they come back.
  • madlisa1
    madlisa1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I have been playing this game forever. I am on level 1783 and now it is no fun without the sugar drops. I would go back to old levels and play for a long time to get the boosters to use on the super hard levels. I'm thinking about deleting it now. Seems they just insist on making us watching ads as the only way to get boosters and all of the fun is gone. That, or they give you a discount if you get enough scrolls to once again buy something. Bummer.
  • mamacathy
    Candy crush is the only game I play, not sure what's going on, I've started getting some sugar drops back, but not all rewards, AND the levels are getting ridiculously hard : (  CC used to be enjoyable,  but not now. Candy Crush should CARE more about its customers, including better customer service and game fun for all of its players.
  • beechgal
    beechgal Posts: 18 Level 2
    Knowing when and how to use boosters is part of the strategy of the game. Now that they have taken that away there is nothing strategic about it. Plus there is zero incentive to keep playing...in the past I would keep playing in order to get to a sugar drop threshold and get boosters. Now I am just done. I don't care if I keep playing the same level for the next year. I will not ever again spend a dime. And their response is pure BS. How is taking away a major feature an enhancement to the game? Who is going to say---yeah, that's great that I can no longer earn boosters. 
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 1 Newbie
    I am very disappointed that the sugar drops are no longer available.  I played every day with the drops and now I have no reason to play except when the new levels come out.  Please reconsider bringing back sugar drops to retain your dedicated customer base that plays every day to receive this reward.
  • kooskoekjesmonster
    kooskoekjesmonster Posts: 17 Level 2
    Hi everyone, 

Community Moderator here :waving:

Some of you may have noticed that your Sugar Drops are not appearing in your game map. Additional features like Sugar Drops can be tweaked and changed but before doing that, the Game Studio needs to run a trial with a selected group of players.

Unfortunately we cannot impact on who is in this trial but regardless the Game Studio does try to ensure that all players have a great gaming experience. 

I will be updating this thread for any further update as I keep receiving them. 

During these trial periods player feedback is always valuable, so don't hesitate to leave them in the comment section of this thread.

UPDATE May 8th

Every now and then, our Developers revisit old in-game features in order to improve them further and at times they even consider removing them to make space for others, potentially, even more exciting features.

Sugar Drops was introduced 4 years ago, making it one of the oldest still running features in the game. Back then, the game didn’t have many features and in general it looked very different. Currently we have a vast variety of exciting events where players can collect candies and earn delicious rewards.

The aim for the Game Studio is always to create new and fun features for our players.  With this aim in mind, they are currently testing to remove Sugar Drops so they can see whether this feature is still relevant in this new context. Or is it time for this feature make way to a new classic.

We understand you’re apprehensive about this change but just be confident that our Game Studios are always thinking ways to delight our players. 

I am very sorry to read, that you are considering removing the sugar drops. With viewing commercial videos, you hardly can win the boosters lolli pop hammer and free switch. And buying them (that seems to be your goal) is NOT my intention and will not happen EVER by me.
  • mamacathy
    Maybe CC customers should take a vote to keep our Sugar Drops 😐🙏
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator
    @mamacathy - I definitely agree that we should have a vote to keep the sugar drops.  I try to play twice daily and collect them to increase my stash of boosters.  None of the other things available allow you to collect as many boosters (at no cost) in the same period of time.  I definitely agree - if there is not a vote currently set-up - we need to set one up to keep the sugar drops.  There was a huge discussion about the change to the build-a-bot and not being able to use it on old levels.  They are testing a modified version (you can use it on old levels if you have completed the new levels). Not the ideal solution but a step in the right direction.  Anyway - my point is - if enough people speak up about it - it may make a difference.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?