Where did your nickname come from?

Options

Comments

• the_revenger
    the_revenger Posts: 216 Level 3
    Options
    I accidentally logged out of my old account and couldn't get back in. So, I had to change my name. I am still the same lovable person!!
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Options
    @the_revenger I am sure you are 😊 Did you forget your password? If so, there is a "forgot the password" link where you can click and they will send you an email message to reset your password and set up the new one.
  • the_revenger
    Options
    I did forget my password. Sadly my email hasn't been working for several days.😢
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,690 Sweet Legend
    Options
    What type of email program are you using?  Are you saying that it won't work anywhere or just in here?
  • the_revenger
    Options
    I use Juno.com. My account is old and only works off and on. I don't use it a lot. It won't work anywhere.
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,690 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Juno is still around?   I used that program about 20+ years ago.  Why aren't you getting a gmail account?
  • the_revenger
    Options
    Hehe! Yes Juno is still around. Eventually I will get a gmail account but a twelve year old gdoesn't really need one, y'know? I am fine with having a new account. I'll let the matter drop.😊
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    Options
    I am posting here because I am proud to have my nickname and it's got meaning that touches me on a daily basis, reminding me of a lifetime that has gone by.
    Have you heard of the Beverly Hillbillies? Yep, that's where the name comes from but this is why I have it.
    When I met the man I would marry we both worked for a military aircraft contractor. He was one of several guys named Dave, so they all had nicknames. My Dave got tagged with Jethro because his last name was Bodin. (say Bo-dEEN)  Jethro Bodin had a twin sister and her name was Jethrine, of course! My Dad tagged me with that name on my wedding day. (Thanks Dad)
    I use the nickname to keep Jethro in my world as my husband passed away almost 11 years ago, at the age of 50. After 25 years of marriage, I know that he's smiling and loves that I've chosen to keep Jethrine in some very important parts of my daily life.
    Now, if only I could get our son to carry on the tradition.... Nah. I got this!
    See y'all around the cement pond!
    ✌😎
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @JethrinaBodina Thank you so much for sharing this story with all of us. It's really touching. People leave us physically but their souls are always with us 🙏🏻
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    Options
    Hi @firebombmarkus, thank you
    Yes, they are always with us and that is a fact. Our son, my only child, was in a single car accident last April. He was avoiding a collision with a car that cut him off and at 75 mph he hit a guardrail. The car flew and rolled, 30 feet down an embankment in the highway median. I know that Dave wrapped that boy airbags and saved his life. He crawled out of upside down wreckage that should have killed him and walked away without a scratch. Literally, not a scratch. When he called me I made him go with the paramedics because he thought he had a broken rib as it hurt to breathe. No surprise, right? I saved his life that night, too. He had to be flown to a trauma center with a collapsed lung and lacerated spleen. Three weeks and less that spleen he was able to go home from the hospital. He would have died from internal bleeding had he just gone home. Then MY reason for breathing would be gone. His Dad gave me a gift only an angel can give that terrifying evening. 
    So yeah. I know he's still with us.
    ✌😎

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?