Welcome to the Helpful Tips section of the Beginners Corner!
Candy Crush Saga is a very fun game and can even become addicting, but for beginners it might seem a bit intimidating and/or frustrating. Here are some basic tips to help you get started and have fun while you clear the levels.
- Make sure you understand what the goal is for the level. Once you have completed the goal, you have finished that level and don't need to worry about any remaining candies etc. that are left on the board. Each level is color coded and the early levels are divided into four types:
- Gold - you need to get a certain amount of points
- Blue - you need to clear all the squares with Jelly on them
- Green - you need to collect the cherries and/or nuts to complete the level
- Pink (starting with level 126) - you need to collect specific items. Initially it is a certain amount of colored candies
- Try to clear blockers, especially in the middle of the board, as early as possible in order to open up your playing space so you have room to make special candies that will help you achieve the goal for that level.
- Speaking of blockers - some blockers can rapidly multiply like chocolate, or explode (like bombs) and stop your game, so make sure you keep an eye on them and keep them under control by making matches or combinations that will reduce or eliminate them. Remember - once a bomb counts down to zero the game is over.
- Try to create cascades. This will help rapidly collect candies, increase your score and eliminate or reduce blockers. Making matches and combos towards the bottom of the board will affect the candies above it and give you a better chance at creating a cascade.
Please check back in this section for additional tips in the future - where we will provide tips for specific situations including passing a hard /super hard/nightmarishly hard level.
You can also ask questions about the game in general in our "Ask Tiffi" Section and she will be glad to help you out.
"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh
Be sure to come check out the Beginner's Corner