History of the Community

Options

Comments

• me6412
    me6412 Posts: 9,512 Pro Player 👑
    edited January 2021
    Options

@Glenn1972 I don't know much except the same same as most of you already do regarding the beginning when King Games was bought out by Activision Blizzard, however I think we could ask @Pounawea maybe he would be glad to share some history with you and the Community, he is our Goodwill Ambassador for King Games and Candy Crush Saga and represents them very well indeed, my friend or you may even ask @QueenMia I am sure she would also be glad to share some of her knowledge of the King Community with us too, she is a Great Ambassador of King Games as well my friend and I myself consider them friends and friends of the Community too. Good luck and please keep me informed in what you learn my friend.

• LoveDachs
    LoveDachs Posts: 28,156 Level 5
    Options

@Glenn1972

Hi Glenn, I also think this is an interesting topic. I am a latecomer to the game CCFS and to the Community ( 2/26/20 ). I really have nothing to add right now as I am as curious as you for info and tidbits, but now that you have stirred my interest πŸ€”, I might do some investigating to see what I can come up with. Will keep checking back and will be sure to post if I find anything useful.πŸ€— Thanks again for this topic and discussion.

Thank you again LIM πŸ’Ž

• sdmndfghkamcr
    sdmndfghkamcr Posts: 12,770 Level 5
    Options

@Diamond Lim Thanks for your tag.

The first game I played was CCS about 7 years ago.The second game was FHSS...is in 2016.Few months later,I started to play FHS.The main reason I decided to join this community is the problem about FHSS so I had to make an account and ask questions here.

Happy new year everyone.πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽ†

• siti_payung
    siti_payung Posts: 13,089 Level 5
    Options

I don't know the previous history but I am glad I am a part of the history now

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
    edited December 2020
    Options

I can get you some history but I also want to tag @Chicken_Slayer and @Lynette to help me with the history too. I'm going to look into my files to see if I can find out some dates. I'll be back.

• Mr_Peely
    Mr_Peely Posts: 3,333 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Glenn1972

I too don't know much about the King Community since I'm just over 5 Months in the lovely Community with wonderful members who shares amazing stories and help them with their difficulties in the Game areas. And not to mention the Amazing Contests all around the Community which is great so I would also like to know from members older than me more information about the History of King Community πŸ‘‘πŸ˜‰

Thanks for tagging me @Diamond Lim 😊

And Happy New Year πŸŽ‡πŸŽ†πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ₯‚πŸΎ

• crabapple
    crabapple Posts: 740 Level 3
    Options

@Diamond Lim πŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž Thank you for tagging me !! 😍 πŸ™πŸ˜

@Glenn1972 πŸ€”πŸ§πŸ€” I have been very curious, as well, on how the Community got started. Questions, like " Who started it?", How did he/she come up with the idea?", "What were the stats on membership enrollment and the progression of incoming members?".

It would be interesting to learn all about the history of the Community. Keep me informed on what you can find out. 😍🧐😍

• Cagnes
    Cagnes Posts: 1,435 Level 3
    Options

@Diamond Lim

Thank you for tagging me.

When begins the history of the community?

I know that I begin to play the games more than 5 years ago and have a look at the community 3 years ago but not sign in.

I wish a happy new year to all friends of community members.

πŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸΎ

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
    Options

Ok here is a bit of history that I can share with all of you.

The Superstar program began Nov. 2016.Β It started with a Facebook group and that was created during that time but some of us had already been posting in King Care when the CMs first decided to create a team.Β We were called Super Users back then.Β It was @Chicken_Slayer, @Lynette and myself that started with the team and are still here today.Β  I can't remember how many started with us nor can I remember how many CMs started with us. I'll wait for one of the others to remind me of this.

It was fun and exciting to work with the CMs and our team. We were able to report any glitches that the players found in any of their games. The biggest complaint that I can recall is when the Candy Crush Saga studio started going back into some of the older levels lowering the number of moves on certain levels. OMG! We couldn't keep up with the complaints. As a matter of fact, @QueenMia had a blog explaining why the number of moves had been changed and we would post the blog link in our responses. I'm sure that @Chicken_Slayer and @Lynette can share a couple of memories from then about their games.

Moving on ...............

During that time one of the CMs who is no longer with us mentioned that they wanted their department to get to know us better.Β So this blurp was posted about me in their newsletter.Β 

They were going to post a bit of info on all of us but after this was posted nothing new was added.

Moving right along ............

I save everything so I just found a message that I wrote to one of the CMs that is no longer here.Β I actually even mentioned some numbers with her at that time.Β 

I have contributed to over 9000 questions on KC.Β I have received 937 likes and resolved 425 questions.Β 

Offhand I can’t remember how many Super Users started when we did, but hopefully @Chicken_Slayer or @Lynette could fill us in on that. I am thinking maybe 5 started with us.

Then the Candy Crush Friends Saga game was released. It was a twist on their candy crush games because the rewards were different and the best part of the game was 3D animation and the introduction of our characters to help us play the game.

Back to the community .................. During October 2018 I was very fortunate to be a part of the Candy Crush Friends' announcement in NYC. @QueenMia posted We sent our Superstar, Elsa, to the Candy Friends' launch in New-York!

That was a super fun event. I took a couple of videos and below is one of them.

That was just my experiences from the beginning. I'm sure that our other Superstars might want to add things too. If I remember more I'll come back to add to what I have already written.

• Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Great question @Glenn1972 I was wondering the same πŸ˜…

Thanks for the info @Elsa it must have been a wonderful experience in New York, lucky 😊

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?