History of the Community

Options

Comments

• Sharon_Loose
    Sharon_Loose Posts: 1,900 Level 5
    Options

I used to go on the King care website before it was separated and this community was started, yes it was totally different to here much less personal and I only used to go there if I needed to ask a question. I have been registered on the community for a number of years but have only really become active since January last year

• Lady_Sarina
    Lady_Sarina Posts: 5,617 Level 5
    Options

G'day @Glen1972,

Yes I did see that article on vanilla.com too whilst doing research on this topic.It was really interesting and the tone of it showed they were extremely proud king chose them lol Worth the read.

I've been on King.com. also and whilst that was amazing,nothing specifically related to the community hub or the previous King Care.

I did however come across a web page for Lidia Chia who says she was a part of the design team for the new community forum platform. She had pics of the old King Care page before 2018. Not sure how authentic this is tho,as on the address bar it had a triangle with an ! in it and my daughter says to stay away from these (she's always educating me in the tech world lol) but for those interested it was lidiachia.com.

Maybe King could add this topic to the official website or the @Community_Team could run a segment on it. Otherwise it's seems up to active members who remember King Care to point out how far it's come to now. @Elsa seems to have done that and her video was awesome!!

Have a communitylisous day :0)

• Lady_Sarina
    Options

Here's a screenshot I took of the old King Care page Lidia had on her page :0)

• lilikoikisses
    lilikoikisses Posts: 1,046 Level 3
    Options

@channie8

I’m going to have to dive back into the rabbit hole and check out the link you shared! I didn’t find much information on the original community website and am very curious what it was like! Thank you for sharing!

(I will also follow your daughters wise advice, as not everyone on the internet has good intentions. I’ve never seen or heard of a triangle in a web address 🤔 😉)

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
    edited January 2021
    Options

Oh WOW thanks for posting the old King care print screen here @channie8! It brought back such a nice memory! How can the old King Care be found on Google? I thought it was gone.

I tried to get on to vanilla.com but got an error message.

• Lady_Sarina
    Options

Gday @Elsa,

Yes it was really cool to see, for me the first time!

Looks like anything official has been taken down, even on King.com.

I came across Lidia's site in one of those moments where you've exhausted every word word search and article about 7 pgs deep in google,where nothing seems to relate, ready to give and go "what the heck (shrug), just one more click" and there she was!!!

She said her main job at King was was re-designing the old King Care platform to this one,as a Player Support Tech, when the Community Team had ownership of the old platform.

She also seemed excited that it was up and running just before the CCFriends was launched in the October and that was the first game to link the forum inside a game ever!

The site looked like a portfolio I guess? Not sure how much is authentic because of the triangle with the ! mark in the middle.it was black not red. Not sure what that means but having that instead of a padlock isn't good, is it?

Nice talking to you sweet lady have a communitylisous day :0)

• _Elsa_
    Options

You too @channie8. I just started working on a new story.

• Lady_Sarina
    Options

Gday @Elsa

How exciting!!! That be 101? Well done!

Can't wait to see what you come up with next :0)

Also, my daughter just informed me she found a of where lidiachia has a lock.. Apparently she still works at King. Maybe she would be the perfect one for @Glenn1972 to ask questions of!? I bet she'd have fantastic experiences. Hope he sees this lol

• _Elsa_
    Options

I just did a Google search for her name and found a profile of her HERE. Google her name and you'll see what's out there.

• lilikoikisses
    lilikoikisses Posts: 1,046 Level 3
    edited January 2021
    Options

@Elsa & @channie8

I just read through several of her posts and really appreciate how much time and love the members of the King Team have put into providing a such a great space for the Community! So fun and interesting to get better understand what happens ‘behind the curtain’!

I think that Lidia Chia has a very cool job!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?