The Cosmic Climb event is here! Let us know what you think

Pounawea
Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
edited November 2019 in Discussions
No account yet? Sign up here in 2 seconds! 

🍭 🎉

Dear community,

I am really excited to inform you that we have a brand new amazing event in our Candy game: The Cosmic Climb!

Three mountains stand between you and the prize as phenomenal as the Northern Lights themselves. Each mountain has its own leaderboard - You will get the chance to climb each one by collecting stars. 

IMPORTANT: How can we collect stars?

1.- Focus on New levels! In these levels, you can earn a maximum of 3 Stars for the event!

2.- Sugar Stars will not count. Thus, if you already have collected 3 stars, focus on other levels in which you may have 1 or 2 stars only. 

Those who reach the top of the last leaderboard will harness the power of the Candy Cosmos and win the chance to customize a Candy Crush Saga character!

Don't worry, there's no extra skills or gameplay to learn: the event leaderboard will count the stars you collect as you play your way up the game map. SWEET!

Our amazing Candy Crush Studio has worked hard to deliver another exceptional Quest. They all put so much passion in it and it shows  ❤️

Please let us know what you think about the Cosmic Climb and don't be afraid to give us plenty of details - What you like, what you dislike, what you'd like to see more of/less of or anything that can help us keep the magic going! 

Simply comment below with your feedback! That would mean a lot to us - Help us make the game sweeter than ever! 

Event Schedule

Qualifier round begins November 28th

Ends December 3rd

Semi-Final round begins December 6th

Ends December 9th

Big Final Round begins December 13th

Ends December 16th

🌟

Thanks everyone and don't forget to have fun!

Comments

• mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    edited November 2019
    It just popped  on my game now @Pounawea see if I can claim all the way to the top 🤗
  • Von_3
    Von_3 Posts: 502 Level 3
    This has to be the daftest thing that King have ever dreamt up. What is the point of it? Who cares about the character? We want boosters for prizes. Give us Dexter back instead. 
  • SeraphicStar
    SeraphicStar Posts: 4,536 Legend
    It sounds like a great deal of fun @Pounawea ! :hurrah:

I'm greatly looking forward to seeing how far I can get! :3
  • Nimo_Jin
    Nimo_Jin Posts: 34 Level 2
    Have absolutely no interest in this game..no new levels till next week.  I have lost interest in the space race because of the timed boosters and now you've messed with Dexter.

Why are you spending all this time doing things your once addicted players hate? 

Even Elsa is losing interest in Candy Crush Saga and that's saying something! 

The only good thing about this game is it is over in a few weeks. Time to lay it to rest...bring back the non timed bonuses and the old Dexter we loved or you may start losing players.
  • Von_3
    Von_3 Posts: 502 Level 3
    I agree with all the above comments. Candy Crush was my favorite game for years but it has changed so often and the 'new improved' versions have never been an improvement in my opinion.

We need real boosters, not timed ones.We want the  real Dexter back. We don't want stupid competitions like the cosmic climb where we achieve nothing worth having. We want the developers ironing out all the glitches so that the system does not fail at crucial points like getting the rewards on the sugar track and like the bots disappearing at random or the bots losing all the progress when you switch a device back on . When we buy boosters we want what we pay for immediately- these are always not delivering and we have the hassle of sending screen shots to prove we bought them before eventually getting them back. 

I could go on but I think anyone from King who bothers to read these comments should get the general idea.
  • Pounawea
    Dear community,

Heads up! I'd like to highlight the following information:

Important things to know:
    • Each leaderboard group needs 30 players before they can take part. To be guaranteed to be in a group, start the event early. Once the event has begun, enter the game as early as you can to have the best chances of being in a group.

• Connection to the internet is essential to play Cosmic Climb. If you play offline or in Airplane Mode, your progress will not be tracked and your score will not be validated.

• At the end of each challenge, players in the top 10 positions will make it to the following round and climb the next mountain.

• To move to the next stage, it’s essential that you return to the game at the end of the first round to discover if you’re in the top 10 or not!

Let's have a look again at the Event Schedule:
    • Qualifier round begins November 28th. Ends December 3rd

• Semi-Final round begins December 6th. Ends December 9th

• Big Final Round begins December 13th. Ends December 16th

Please let us know what you think about the Cosmic Climb! What you like and what you dislike? What you'd like to see more of/less of? Anything that can help us keep the magic going! 

Have a delicious day and let's keep crushing levels! 
  • Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,741 Level 5
    @Pounawea
    It seems if you are waiting for new levels each week that you are limited in the amount of stars that you can possibly collect? I tried to go back and play old levels and collect more stars but that does not seem to work for the "Cosmic Climb". Do stars only count toward the "Comic Climb" if they are collected for new levels?

• Pounawea
    Thank you @Scooterpie for reporting and sharing this information with the community. Probably many other community members are wondering the same!

I've reached out the Studio to confirm this information. I'll be back to you as soon as I hear from them 🙂
  • Pounawea
    @Scooterpie and dear Candy Crushers!

I've got information confirmed by the Studio. Please note the following information:

IMPORTANT: How can we collect stars for the Cosmic Climb? 

1.- Focus on New levels! In these levels, you can earn a maximum of 3 Stars for the event!

2.- Sugar Stars will not count. Thus, if you already have collected 3 stars, focus on other levels in which you may have 1 or 2 stars only. 

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,118 Level 5

What a relief. Even with Space Race, I sometimes played the bare minimum just to remain in the top 9 and not fall back to a previous planet. But if the Cosmic Climb's only reward is getting a chance to design a character, why should I care?

Boosters are the only prize I'm after, preferably the old boosters I can store in inventory. Even quests with timed boosters as rewards threw a UFO or hammer or hand in the mix, making them worthwhile.

But this Cosmic Climb has nothing going for it.

I'm going to have a very restful 3 weeks not playing Candy Crush Saga as much, especially on weekends when I normally play more. Weekends are mine again! Thanks, King! /sarc

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?