Why do I not see my friend on my map but she sees me on her map???

My friend and I are very close in level in the game.  She is having fun as she sees my Facebook profile picture on her map but I do not see her, so I was not aware we were so close.   Why does she see me but I do not see her?  We are both logged in through Facebook.   

Answers

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,368 Candy Moderator
    Hello @Laurie_B_Spencer and welcome to our friendly community.  Since you are both playing thru Facebook and you are friends on Facebook - you should be seeing each other on the map.  Do you see other Facebook friends on your map?  When you click on your profile picture at the top of the screen - and it shows 3 tabs - Rank, Current Levels and Levels this week - do you see your friend listed there?

What you may want to do is refresh the game.  Clear your cache and turn the game off for 10-15 seconds and then turn it back on.  Also - since this is connected to Facebook - if you still don't see her you may want to sign out of Facebook, temporarily delete the Facebook app.  Shut down your platform you are playing on then after you restart it, reinstall the Facebook app and resign in and see if that has corrected the problem.
  • Laurie_B_Spencer
    Laurie_B_Spencer Posts: 4 Newbie
    I do see my friend in the 3 lists, just not on the map.   When she beats a board first, she also shows in the bottom off the screen with the rankings for that board.  I mostly play on the app on iPhone and I not see her there.  So I logged in to play on Facebook and I do not see her there either but as I said I am on her map.   :(   
  • Laurie_B_Spencer
    edited January 2020
    UGGGG!   I logged out as you suggested and now I lost about 900 messages in the app!!    I also lost ALL of my inventory!!   Is there a way to get this all back?    I am not a happy camper at the moment. 
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited January 2020
    My friend and I are very close in level in the game.  She is having fun as she sees my Facebook profile picture on her map but I do not see her, so I was not aware we were so close.   Why does she see me but I do not see her?  We are both logged in through Facebook.   
    @Laurie_B_Spencer;

Hi Laurie! I can't see my friends in my Game Map nor they can see me on theirs either. The only way I can see them is if I swipe down over 1000 levels.  However, I see my friends all the time in the Candy Crush Saga Progress & Leaderboard and so do they. Are you these many levels ahead of your friends? If you are, this is the reason why.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have questions or concerns!
  • Laurie_B_Spencer
    Mercerik, my friend is 2 levels above me, at the moment.  we keep swapping who is in the lead.  She has a fun time seeing me and getting ahead of me, but I do not see her.  It is very frustrating.   We are real life friends too, not just Facebook friends.   

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?