⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why has my profile pic changed?

Options
dall74
dall74 Posts: 1 Newbie
my profile pic has changed to a turtle, even the frame is not the same.  Has someone taken over my game?  I have two friends ahead of me and their profile pics and names have changed as well.

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    Options
    Hi @dall74
    We warmly welcome you to the Friendly King Community's Candy Crush Saga forum.🙂

Your game is probably not fully connected to the server, so you may have encountered this problem. 
    Right now I'm asking you to check the steps below.
    Check App Update > Log Out Game > Restart Device > Open Game & Log In.

If you still have the same problem after doing this, Show me a screenshot of your game map.

For instructions on how to take a screenshot please visit here

Thank you.

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi @dall74 and welcome to our Community!

Sounds like the game just got disconnected from your Facebook and therefore replaced the avatar with a King character. 

Please try to get back connected to Facebook or disconnect Facebook and reconnect 
  • dmw_5
    dmw_5 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I play on my desktop, everything was fine this morning and this afternoon I noticed that my profile pic changed into some cartoon character! The bad part is that I noticed it too late. I had just passed a "nightmarishly hard level" ... a level that I never thought I would pass. When I saw the cartoon character as my profile pic, I said to myself I'll just refresh the game and it'll put me to the next level. That didn't happen. I now see my normal profile pic and I'm still stuck at the same level! What a ripoff! And I wasn't disconnected from Facebook... my other FB pages were fine because I was on them previous to playine Candy Crush. Shame on you King!

• FlaringCrystal120
    FlaringCrystal120 Posts: 3,056 Level 5
    Options

Hello and welcome, normally when this happens its a connection issue to the server. Please check device and game are up to date and clear cache from app store or browser, log out and restart your device and then log back in and see if this resolves your issue. Please note that your level will only be saved after you get the Level Completed screen.

• dmw_5
    dmw_5 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
  • eagleholly1
    eagleholly1 Posts: 55 Level 3
    edited January 2022
    Options

I also play on my desktop and have a weird animal avatar all of a sudden...this happens from time to time. I have read the fix for this but have no idea what any of it means.

1. How do I "check device and game are up to date"
    2. How do I "clear cache from app store or browser"
    3. How do I "log out and restart my device and then log back in" --do mean by log out to close the candy crush window, or completely log out and then restart my computer, or what? I play on my desktop--not a cell phone--and I am not proficient in technospeak because I am very old...so if there were some way you could give me more precise directions I would really appreciate that!😏
  • Lindark
    Lindark Posts: 5,681 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hello, #3 is referring to signing out of your King account. Click your avatar and make sure you sign out and back in with your email address in the app. :)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?