Upcoming changes in Candy Crush Saga: Sugar Track, Build-a-bot, and more

Options

Comments

• grr
    grr Posts: 100 Level 3
    Options

I just don't get the rationale behind repeatedly taking away the features that make the game fun to play. And giving nothing new? Now maybe if you are a new player and don't know any better, you are perfectly satisfied to play the game as is. But what about the majority of the players who have played for years (me) or even from the beginning? It gets pretty discouraging to have the long-standing features removed with the promise of future updates. They had to know players would not be happy watching these integral pieces of the game removed, to what end? Are we supposed to just change our mindset that now I will pay to replace the boosters I could earn before? Are that many players paying so much more now to make up for everyone leaving the game, or playing so much less? I am not leaving yet to see if any of the promised upcoming improvements will actually make the game worth playing again. I am losing any desire to play anymore, which makes me really sad after enjoying the game for so long 😔

• stratton515
    stratton515 Posts: 12 Level 2
    Options

All these new changes are ruining the game in, my opinion!

• Steve-18
    Steve-18 Posts: 276 Level 3
    edited March 2020
    Options

If you are a long time player then you should remember we didn't always have all those free boosters. We had just the daily wheel for quite a while. Then sugar drops a couple years after that. We also had more colors on the levels until relatively recently. Fewer colors on a level has made the biggest difference in my opinion. I'm just guessing, but I think it's because players have been completing all the new levels so fast, the studio hasn't had time to work on any other changes or features. People have been completing all 45 new levels in just 1 or 2 days. Cutting back on the free boosters and keeping players busy on existing levels is giving them time to work on the new changes. We need to chill and see where it goes.

• Ellie_Hood
    Ellie_Hood Posts: 28 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Steve 18, I have been playing a long time, and back in the days you were referring to, I was on the lower levels where you don’t really need boosters. I did make it to the top about five times, early a lot of them, but I could go back and try to get top scores on lower levels, or now the [worthless?] silver stars, and try to build up more boosters. Now I am so BORED waiting for a lucky lie of the candies. They could make it a game with an end. They could charge something for playing ad free, but the money gouging they are now doing at a time when we are confined to our houses, alone in my case, just makes me boil. It’s like hoarding hand sanitizer and masks to sell them for a high price. It reminds me of the attitude of the incompetent orange monstrosity you know where. It’s not the kind of company I want to give a red cent to. When I watch videos on You tube showing how to complete a level, and those people all had 10 more moves than I have, I realize the lucky board is even further away.

• Steve-18
    Steve-18 Posts: 276 Level 3
    Options

Ellie_Hood, I hear you. Some levels require luck and zero mistakes. I wish more people checked their CCS mail to see if they have been sent lives by someone and return the favor. I had friend and we helped each other out for a while but they've gone dormant. If everyone would start sending others lives it would make a big difference.

• marla24
    marla24 Posts: 17 Level 2
    Options

Same thing for me. They have taken away just about everything now so I think it may be time to move on to a different game. So sad after playing for many many years.

• djjazzyerf
    djjazzyerf Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

Why did both of these things get taken away? I have no desire to play the game now. My fiancé still has them in his game so I don’t understand, but I’ve been without them over a month now. Not even fun to play anymore. So, I guess I won’t.

• grandmas
    grandmas Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

what are the booster bar and sugar drops? i am missing the thing that drops down prizes after you reach 24 and 80 and 120

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5
    Options

Welcome to the forum, newcomers.

You're both a bit late to the party that never stops, but that's OK.

Read the first post here to find out what's happening, then vote here & here (if you wish); maybe make a difference.

The more, the merrier about the votes...

• grr
    grr Posts: 100 Level 3
    Options

@Steve-18 I have had candy drops since I started playing. And the levels I am on do not have fewer colors. But they also don't have a lot of moves. While it may be possible to win some difficult levels without boosters, it can be extremely boring (not challenging) waiting for that lucky board. And of course, it takes a lot longer to get that lucky board now that the reset capability is removed. I am not waiting for new levels every week, I am not that far along. So are you saying lets take away all these long-time features so that players waiting for new levels don't complete them so fast? And that keeping up with those players is keeping the developers from implementing any new features? How does that make sense? It seems much more logical to bring back sugar drops, let those players go back and earn more boosters by playing for sugar drops while waiting for new levels.

And FYI, I gladly send lives whenever I am asked. However, I do not ask for lives - if I run out, I don't play. If King wants to limit our playing time so be it. Just one more annoying aspect of the game that doesn't make sense to me, unless some players actually will pay to keep playing - not me.

I just don't get why King is so determined to take away so much so fast, promise new things to come (sometime), knowing how unhappy they are making most (I know, not you) users, and obviously not caring. It is just not very much fun playing anymore. I am disappointed that the game I looked forward to playing every day is now the game I have to check to see what else is gone now.

Keep being the cheerleader, a positive attitude is commendable if not understandable.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?