Who is this new character around Level 7000?

Options
mint_aero
mint_aero Posts: 206 Level 3
edited July 2020 in Discussions

Never seen around before.. or maybe I have never noticed.

Comments

• Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @mint_aero,

Thank you for bringing this up.

Behind this new character in the Saga Map, there's a really lovely and emotional story.

It's very difficult to find the words right now, but let me share it with all of you below:

First of all, and as you showed us in the screenshot, this new character can be seen only with the latest and updated version of the game (with the new 10 rotational Saga Maps) and it appears in the episode that brings us up to Level 7000!

Who's this character?

Well, my dear Candy Crushers, please meet "Seb"!

Seb was a level designer here at King that worked with us for around 5 years and his contributions to this game were amazing, bringing to the game some many new levels throughout all that time.

Sadly, Seb passed away, which was very devastating to the team. Candy wouldn't be the same without him, so the team wanted to honor his memory and all his amazing contributions by paying a little tribute. Our amazing Art team put a lot of love and effort into that, and they also added other little but very special elements in this episode: for example, we are representing his love for cats and music, paying tribute to his home region and many other things he liked.

Once we had that, our Level Designers team wanted to dedicate the incredible in-game milestone of Level 7000 in Candy Crush Saga to him! We couldn't have agreed more to this idea!! So that's the reason why we can see him there. 🙂

This is our small homage to him.

On behalf of the entire Candy team and King, thank you very much, Seb!! ❤️

I'll be tagging our SU and Game Experts as some of them might remember/know him. 🙂

@Elsa @firebombmarkus @Chicken_Slayer  @Lynette  @Foley1362  @PummyRaj  @mysticalmysty  @bearwithme  @wafercookieflippers  @Sukanta_Biswas  @kiara_wael  @Glenn1972  @debrichmond  @Sofia1992  @KimElston @JethrinaBodina @Freddy_Falkner

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Options

@Pounawea Wow! What a sad and at the same time an amazing story! May his soul rest in peace 🙏🏻 Thank you, Seb, for all your efforts regarding this game, and thank you Candy Crush Saga for honoring by implementing his character in the game. This way he will always be a part of it 🥰 Wow!

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thanks for sharing this with us @Pounawea. So sad to read this but what a wonderful tribute from the team.

• mint_aero
    mint_aero Posts: 206 Level 3
    Options

Aw, thank you @Pounawea for sharing this story. I am so glad I asked, Seb has had the mention he deserves and now known to the newer members.

Beautiful story behind it and such a lovely touch from the CC team. ❤

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 33,278 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello dear @Pounawea 🤗

Thank you very much for sharing about Seb. What an honor to have such a lovely person in the game team! It was very sweet of Candy Crush team to cherish his memories this way, so that he can be here with all of us forever 🙏🏼. ❤️

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thank you @Pounawea for the complete information about Seb

I wish Seb's soul peace.😔

• KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend
    Options

What a beautiful tribute @Pounawea Thank you for sharing it with us 🙏🏻

• Glenn1972
    Glenn1972 Posts: 16,650 Pro Player 👑
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Pounawea ,  Seb's facial expression in this artwork shows of joy and excitement that must have transferred over to the game and to the people who worked with and around him. Rest in peace Seb, your work lives on in the game. Thank you

Thank you also @Pounawea , for sharing this with us. We have some really good people who pass thru our lives.

• aijaziqbal
    aijaziqbal Posts: 8,884 Sweet Legend
    Options

Aww. What a story.

Thanks @Pounawea .

Thanks seb for whatever u did for the game.

And thanks @mint_aero . For pointing out. Otherwise how would we know about him.

may his soul rest in peace.

• The_Wacha_kid
    The_Wacha_kid Posts: 95 Level 2
    Options

Hello @Pounawea and super star members:

This morning I made a comment here, (before learning about Seb's emotional story).

So when I did, that story was not written, and for obvious reasons it was erased, therefore I want to say something:

The basis of all communication is respect, so if I made a mistake I apologize, because that kind of tribute to a member (and friend) of your team, becomes a part of you. So bravo and thank you.

For that I opened another discussion: open questions taken a look.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?