Options
Cakes43
Cakes43 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited July 2020 in Discussions

I recently downloaded Candy Crush Saga, Jelly and Soda to a new laptop. I then had the bright idea to change my avatar and nickname, in game not in the community, but every time I go to my profile I don't see an option to do that. As I recall, when I first downloaded the games on my old laptop I was given an option to set these up. I'm not asking how to upload a personal picture. I want to know how to change my in game avatar to one of the Candy Crush toons. Is this function no longer available, or am I doing something wrong? Although, I don't see how it's the latter, as there is only one profile option. Thank you in advance for your help with this.

Best Answer

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi @Cakes43 and welcome to our Community!

I think @Spinnifix was giving you instructions on how to change the avatar and nick on your King account in the games.

You can do it through the game's settings and profile and tap the camera icon and/ or edit button. You can also do this by going to King.com/games on a computer and login to your account and change the pic and nick in the settings.

Β«1

Answers

• pearl_chetna
    pearl_chetna Posts: 2,426 Level 4
    Options

Hii...@Cakes43 welcome hereπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

i tag @Spinnifix for your help.

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 25,287 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hello and welcome to our beautiful community

You should be able to. Because please go to the games in KC and go to edit profile. In the settings you can change your Mame and your picture.

Edit where the pen is. So go to the games no matter which one and to the settings. There you can change the picture and name. Good luck

@pearl_chetna ThanksπŸ’“

• Cakes43
    Options

Thank you @pearl_chetna and @Spinnifix for your responses. Unfortunately, that was not the solution I needed. I know how to edit my community profile, that's not my issue. I was looking for a way to edit/change the picture on the individual games themselves. No worries though. I will continue playing my games regardless. It's part of my morning ritual and I'm happy as a pig in slop to do so. πŸ˜€ Thanks again!

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi @Cakes43 and welcome to our Community!

I think @Spinnifix was giving you instructions on how to change the avatar and nick on your King account in the games.

You can do it through the game's settings and profile and tap the camera icon and/ or edit button. You can also do this by going to King.com/games on a computer and login to your account and change the pic and nick in the settings.

• Spinnifix
    Options

@Cakes43

Hello!

You can only have one picture - avatar, which is related to your name. Because it's just an account. You can't have a different picture in every game. But as an idea would be a possibility in the area of ​​ideas. I would suggest that to you !!!

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 151,518 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hi @Cakes43 . Welcome to our Community

When logged in using King.com my avatar appears with a camera icon at the bottom right corner. That allows the picture change. I use Facebook to log in and save my progress and my avatar pic has to be changed on Facebook, there is no option to edit profile in the game app.

• Spinnifix
    Options

Hello!

The one with the camera symbol is only on the mobile devices and not via PC. I have the comparison because I have both.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Cakes43 as Spinnifix said you can change your avatar into a cartoonish character only by entering king.com via PC with your game credentials. You recall correctly, this editing ability was allowed on the game apps too but now only photos can be uploaded on there.

After logging in you should be able to see your game map and "settings" at the top right. in the settings you should be able to edit your pic and name. The avatar change will appear automatically on your app too. Hope this helps :)

• Cakes43
    Options

Thank you @Crazy Cat Lad ! That clarification was the answer I was looking for. While on my laptop, I went to king.com/games, logged in, clicked settings, clicked on the picture of my toon and the drop down box of toons opened up. I changed my picture, closed settings, opened up Saga and sure enough my toon was different. Winner, winner chicken dinner! Full disclosure...while I am grateful for learning how to do this, I did change my toon back to Tiffy. I just thought maybe there was a newer picture of her, such as my Tiffy toon here on the community page. She's the toon I started with and my favorite. I hope this doesn't irk anyone. That wasn't my intention. πŸ™

So a great big Thank You @pearl_chetna, @Spinnifix, @Crazy Cat Lad, @kiara_wael, and @Pitty_Kitty!!! You were all very kind to take time out to help out a long time lover of these games. I truly appreciate it! I hope this discussion will serve to help others with this same question in the future. 🀞

Also, @Pitty_Kitty I want to thank you for confirming that I wasn't losing my mind. ☺️ I knew the ability to do this was originally available on the actual apps themselves. Why they changed that is a head scratcher for me, but as I now know, there's always another way.

Happy Crushing All!!! 🌹

• Spinnifix
    Options

@Cakes43

Hello and many thanks for your kind words.😊

I like it very much. Since many only complain here. I am available for further questions and problems. πŸ‘οΈ

Love you and have fun here and in the games.πŸ’–

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?