We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Account transfer issue

celia1865
celia1865 Posts: 1 Newbie

I want to transfer my progress to my new iPad so I created an email account through candy crush saga on the old iPad successfully.

however when I try to log on to the account on candy crush on the new iPad I get “wrong email and password combination” error

if I try to reset the password on the new iPad using my email address I get “this email is not linked to a King account” error

i can view my account details from the old iPad using the email and password for the account.

any ideas?

C

Answers

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,322 Candy Moderator
    edited July 2020

Hello @celia1865 and a very warm welcome to our wonderful Candy Crush Community! So you created a king.com account on your old iPad. Did you play at least one level on your old iPad so your progress was saved on the King servers? Have you backed up your old iPad and then transferred all your data to the new iPad? If you save the data in the iCloud, there is a good chance any saved boosters you may have will be transferred to the new device.

If you play via king.com or FB, your progress is saved as well as gold bars but saved boosters and lives are saved on your device, so they normally are lost when you transfer to a new device. However I have successfully transferred lives and boosters to a new iPhone and also a new mini iPad by saving my data to the iCloud. When you transferred your data from your old iPad to your new - the account information should have transferred also. However you may have some sort of glitch but Player Support should be able to help you. You can contact our Player Support directly, here.

You may also find this helpful: Moving your progress onto a new device here

• aijaziqbal
    aijaziqbal Posts: 8,884 Sweet Legend

Hi @celia1865 .

We warmly welcome you to our adorable king community.

As you are having both new and old devices with you so please check the below link to transfer your progress from one device to another.

• Open your game on the old device and choose the 'Sign up with email' option.
    • Now choose an avatar and nickname. 
    • Then (and don't skip this part!) enter your email address, choose a password and that's it – you now have a King account.
    • Open the game on your new device, choose the 'Already have a King account/login with email' using the email address and password you just saved. Now you're good to go! 

Dont forget to play at least one level in old device and then save and logout from old device.

Always remember when you change your device you will save your progress and gold bars but you will lose your boosters.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?