King left us for dead. COVID

Options
RDM
RDM Posts: 21 Level 2
edited July 2020 in Discussions

I’m pretty sure King CCS was a pretty big operation in terms of staff. Maybe 20-50 talented people, game designers who were very creative, if you think about it. They worked daily designing levels which we passed with ease... before COVID-19. I’ll just call them out here, because they took off all of the ways we would normally progress through the game, earlier levels, build a bot? Now? We have to play 30-50 of the early levels hoping to get 50 gold and hence a party blaster and four UFO’s. It takes AGES! I made it to 5545 in five months using unlimited re-begins and full-bots. Now?

here’s what I think happened. The staff has been excused from work, and they just turned up the heat knowing we all would use our (now overwhelmingly hard earned) money buying boosters. To save their own skin.

it’s just wrong, that. When all of us are just confined. Let us win! LET US WIN CANDY CRUSH!!!!

Comments

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @RDM !

All we King employees do still work, but we all work from home instead of in our offices. That includes all of us that are almost 2000 employees.

That's why Candy Crush Saga still releases the updates as usual and 45 new levels every week. The Sugar Track and Build-a-Bot removal was planned already last year and started to get phased out already in December 2019.

All levels are possible to complete without any Boosters or Extra Moves and the game still features loads of bonuses and events where you can claim rewards.

• RDM
    RDM Posts: 21 Level 2
    Options

Crazy Cat Lad is a dedicated employee, and deserves his own parking spot, and maybe also a promotion to management. Meanwhile? Holy heck! 2000 employees? How many of them are game designers specifically for CCS?

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Options

King has around 20 games therefore a lot of employees, but not all employees work directly with the games. Marketing, HR, Payroll etc also requires people.

The Candy Crush Game Team is a couple of hundred people, but I have no exact number on who does what in the Game Team.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?